Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

Surviving Earth 1.0 :naughty:

I actually don't believe there's a next level.

My view is: when you're dead, you're dead.

That thought is too sad for me... I want to know that there's a heaven... but I don't... I'm at the point in my life where I have a lot of doubts but I'm trying to work things out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in God for many reasons. Without that belief, I feel like there really is no hope. God is in everyone... and for that reason, I believe that mankind is truly good at heart (like Anne Frank once wrote)

There are times when I don't agree with my religion... but to me my relationship with God is all that matters.

I don't believe that a loving God would send people to hell.

I don't believe that we can call God a he...when supposadly God is a spirit.

The idea of someone protecting us and loving us unconditionally is a belief that I can't live without.

If your happy believing in god I'm happy to. :thumb_yello:

I'm happy when others are happy, as long as they are happy without hurting others I'm cool with it :mf_rosetinted:

And I have to admit that im amazed that there are people that had a crappy live "found god" and where happier than ever. I don't believe in god but if something like that happens I'm glad for those people.

I hope my English explanation was okay because it is hard to say tings like this in English :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

I believe in God for many reasons. Without that belief, I feel like there really is no hope. God is in everyone... and for that reason, I believe that mankind is truly good at heart (like Anne Frank once wrote)

There are times when I don't agree with my religion... but to me my relationship with God is all that matters.

I don't believe that a loving God would send people to hell.

I don't believe that we can call God a he...when supposadly God is a spirit.

The idea of someone protecting us and loving us unconditionally is a belief that I can't live without.

I once was like you but somehow a few years ago I couldn't believe it anymore, especially with the subject 'after dead'..

not believing anymore makes me scared, because I do want to believe, but I just can't.

A lot of people who were dear to my friends (so not people who were dear to me) died the last years. Since then I don't believe anymore in life after dead and god and that's what makes me scared..

It's the first time I talk about this but I just want to say that I look up to you and its good that you believe. Maybe there is no god or allah, but people need to believe, or life becomes miserable. People need hope and need to know that there is a loving person out there who will always be there for you.

ok I got a littlebit out of this subject^^

..Vietnam

War isn't an easy thing. It's not black or white, but i don't like the way Bush's administration did things (in reference to the war)

I agree.

War definitely needed to happen, but I don't like the way they handled things.

If your happy believing in god I'm happy to. :thumb_yello:

I'm happy when others are happy, as long as they are happy without hurting others I'm cool with it :mf_rosetinted:

And I have to admit that im amazed that there are people that had a crappy live "found god" and where happier that ever. I don't believe in god but if something like that happens I'm glad for those people.

I hope my English explanation was okay because it is hard to say tings like this in English :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

that's what I'm trying to say^^ thanks starrats

MOST AMERICANS expect other travelers or foreigners to speak THEIR language when they enter the U.S... and than they go to other countries like France and don't make an effort to speak French...

Sometimes I feel like Americans are ignorant of the fact that not everyone feels the need to know english.

I agree with that completely....

Most other non-English speaking countries make students take their language, English, and then another foreign language. In America, it's optional for a foreign language (at least at my school)>

I did try to speak French when I went to France, just as I tried to speak Greek and Italian (and failed miserably). Though some of the other kids didn't try at all and those are the same people that complain about the Hispanics not being able to speak English.

Surviving Earth 1.0 :naughty:

I actually don't believe there's a next level.

My view is: when you're dead, you're dead.

that would be a very crappy game :roftl: :roftl:

I'm being born. (satelite fals on your house)

Game Over :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

That thought is too sad for me... I want to know that there's a heaven... but I don't... I'm at the point in my life where I have a lot of doubts but I'm trying to work things out.

I actually think that's a healthy way of looking at it.

You can hope for a heaven to be there but really you just don't know.

And you won't ever know until you're in fact dead and then you don't have anyone to tell it to.

It's clear that I don't believe in God or any other divine creature/entity.

My view on religion is that it should be based on hope and belief. Faith is essentially what religion is about.

Where I see it all go wrong is when people confuse faith with truth..

I once was like you but somehow a few years ago I couldn't believe it anymore, especially with the subject 'after dead'..

not believing anymore makes me scared, because I do want to believe, but I just can't.

A lot of people who were dear to my friends (so not people who were dear to me) died the last years. Since then I don't believe anymore in life after dead and god and that's what makes me scared..

It's the first time I talk about this but I just want to say that I look up to you and its good that you believe. Maybe there is no god or allah, but people need to believe, or life becomes miserable. People need hope and need to know that there is a loving person out there who will always be there for you.

ok I got a littlebit out of this subject^^

There are little signs that I feel like God gives me... Personally with him, I'm ok.

I had to do a very emotional speech at my senior retreat. To top it off, i don't like talking in front of a 100 people:blink: ... I thought, "God please get me through this ok...not in tears."

Before I went on, the other retreat leaders prayed over me. I thought it was cheesy until something happened. They left me, my heart wasn't racing anymore and I felt clear and comfortable. It was God... That was the most beautiful experience to me... because I felt his presence and I knew I would be ok...My faith was restored in that sense.

There are little signs that I feel like God gives me... Personally with him, I'm ok.

I had to do a very emotional speech at my senior retreat. To top it off, i don't like talking in front of a 100 people:blink: ... I thought, "God please get me through this ok...not in tears."

Before I went on, the other retreat leaders prayed over me. I thought it was cheesy until something happened. They left me, my heart wasn't racing anymore and I felt clear and comfortable. It was God... That was the most beautiful experience to me... because I felt his presence and I knew I would be ok...My faith was restored in that sense.

In that case I would believe it was mijn greatgrandmother:blush-anim-cl:

when she died I was 8 (I think) and 10days after we burried her (it was a normal schoolday). I was sleeping and suddenly my greatgrandmother woke me up in white clothes and she could walk again and smiled. But then she suddenly was my father, who woke me up to go to school. It was just an image in less then a second, but it was magic to me.

still, I can't believe in god and life after dead like I was when I was little. When you're dead, you're dead. And I hate that thought. but yeah.. maybe it's just a fase in my life..

I took me a while to get the words right :roftl: :roftl:

Speaking english is much easier that typing it :roftl: :roftl:

indeed with talking you can use your hands and movements:bleh:

yeah:thumb_yello:

Ah ok Iraq then.

Well I'm a hippy at heart so I'm against war..

The thing that bugs me the most about this one is the reasons given for invading Iraq.

Weapons of mass destruction? Trying to stop terrorism?

I think Bush just wanted to finish what his dad started with the Gulf War.

Saddam Hussein was an idiot dictator. That was reason enough to invade Iraq.

I think if they'd just said that they felt he should be taken down and wanted to help Iraq become a democracy they would've gotten a lot more support for this war.

I can't support a way that's based on lies. I can't support a war, period.

Ah ok Iraq then.

The thing that bugs me the most about this one is the reasons given for invading Iraq.

I think if they'd just said that they felt he should be taken down and wanted to help Iraq become a democracy they would've gotten a lot more support for this war.

*applauses*

Ah ok Iraq then.

Didn't we invade Iraq because they attacked our country and, correct me if I'm wrong, but stated that they had WoMD?

Ah ok Iraq then.

yay! a fellow hippy!

ME, I DON'T BELIEVE IN WAR...I DON'T THINK THE ONE WE'RE IN NOW IS NECESSARY...It's hard to say that any war has been necessary because the end result is always power for someone.

The only thing that frustrates me is that when 9/11 happened, everyone was like "OMGZ. GO TO WAR. WHY ISN'T BUSH AT WAR THIS VERY SECONDDDDD OMGZ?:shocked: "

Now that the craze has died down, everyone's like "...Me? No, I never wanted war.:mf_rosetinted: "

Iraq didn't attack our country...A terrorist group did.

Atleast that's what I've been told and reseached about.

Well the terrorists were hiding out in Iraq.

Didn't we invade Iraq because they attacked our country and, correct me if I'm wrong, but stated that they had WoMD?

Yes that's what I was referring to when I mentioned 'weapons of mass destrucion and terrorism.'

The fact remains that weapons of mass destruction were never found..

I've yet to see the amazing evidence they had to support this WoMD theory.