Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

They are if you're really concerned about the state of the US, Miss Fangrrl UK.:naughty:

I mean, choosing one and one person only to oversee the country. How do you do that lightly? How do you handle it if your candidate didn't win?:blink:

UK :wub2::naughty:

You just take it with an optimistic outlook. You take what life gives you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess, but there are many worse things going on in the world to cry about. A Presidential Election isn't so bad in comparison.

It is when you're worried about the future of the free world.:thumbdown:

They are if you're really concerned about the state of the US, Miss Fangrrl UK.:naughty:

I mean, choosing one and one person only to oversee the country. How do you do that lightly? How do you handle it if your candidate didn't win?:blink:

Thank YOU. I know lots of people who would be bawling if Obama lost.

Oooh Nader just got into an argument with some news guy on air :naughty:

What happened?!

Oooh Nader just got into an argument with some news guy on air :naughty:

:lmfao:

I saw that.:naughty:

UK :wub2::naughty:

You just take it with an optimistic outlook. You take what life gives you.

Well, maybe the McCain supporters will get there eventually.

Or maybe there will be riots. Nine guys got into a fist fight over the election today at my work.:blink:

It is when you're worried about the future of the free world.:thumbdown:

What happened?!

I'd say start crying once Obama screws everything up, but he hasn't done anything yet. People should give him a chance. I'd be saying the same thing if the situation was reversed.

He was asking whether Obama would be an Uncle Tom or an Uncle Sam and the news guy said that was offensive and he said Nader had lost all respect or something. It was quite entertaining :naughty:

Well, maybe the McCain supporters will get there eventually.

Or maybe there will be riots. Nine guys got into a fist fight over the election today at my work.:blink:

People are insane :rolls_eyes:

He was asking whether Obama would be an Uncle Tom or an Uncle Sam and the news guy said that was offensive and he said Nader had lost all respect or something. It was quite entertaining :naughty:

That IS a little asshole-ish.:naughty:

F*CK AMERICA!

:hair:

"Yes on Prop 8" :thumbdown::crybaby:

(I accidently cheared....I thought "yes" meant it was legalized....:emot-sad:)

You act as though it won't be on the ballot again. This matter isn't over.:wink2:

That IS a little asshole-ish.:naughty:

You act as though it won't be on the ballot again. This matter isn't over.:wink2:

I know :lol3:

Yeah, but America will never get over their homophobia :furious:

What is Prop 8?

It's the gay marriage won.

"Yes on Prop 8" meant you didn't want it to be legalized, and that won... :thumbdown:

I feel really racist, even though I know I'm not.

I was just talking to my friend Kevin, and I told him how tonight at work I made the waitresses tell the customers the vegetable was BARACKoli. Then he said I deserved a trophy, and I said "it would be shaped like a piece of broccoli, and have Obama's face carved into the bottom part, so the top part would be his hair. Not that all black people have afros or anything..."

Then I felt bad.

I feel really racist, even though I know I'm not.

I was just talking to my friend Kevin, and I told him how tonight at work I made the waitresses tell the customers the vegetable was BARACKoli. Then he said I deserved a trophy, and I said "it would be shaped like a piece of broccoli, and have Obama's face carved into the bottom part, so the top part would be his hair. Not that all black people have afros or anything..."

Then I felt bad.

That's not as bad as the "Uncle Tom/Uncle Sam" remark.:naughty:

Don't feel bad. Or racist.:bleh:

People who fall in love should be able to get married. period.

Everyday, straight couples collapse into turmoil...

marriage isn't as sacred of a thing as people have turned it. Most who get married just do it...they just do it.

But I can say for homosexuals, its the fight, the struggle and the longing to show their love without fear that unites a couple. That's why they want to share in this right.

To be married used to mean the world to people. Maybe it still does. Maybe we just wanted it to mean MORE again.

This being denied to my fellow man is extremely unfortunate.

You fall in love, and you want it to mean something.

I'm Catholic. I don't agree with what they teach about homosexuality. So what?

I don't think God put people on this earth to choose to be gay so that they can be ridiculed and treated this way. he put them on this earth so that THEY could teach us something about LOVE, love that conquers everything.

It won't stop them from loving though, not this proposition.

Marriage is "sacred"... to the 1 in however many couples stay together.:mf_rosetinted:

People who fall in love should be able to get married. period.

Everyday, straight couples collapse into turmoil...

marriage isn't as sacred of a thing as people have turned it. Most who get married just do it...they just do it.

But I can say for homosexuals, its the fight, the struggle and the longing to show their love without fear that unites a couple. That's why they want to share in this right.

To be married used to mean the world to people. Maybe it still does. Maybe we just wanted it to mean MORE again.

This being denied to my fellow man is extremely unfortunate.

You fall in love, and you want it to mean something.

I'm Catholic. I don't agree with what they teach about homosexuality. So what?

I don't think God put people on this earth to choose to be gay so that they can be ridiculed and treated this way. he put them on this earth so that THEY could teach us something about LOVE, love that conquers everything.

It won't stop them from loving though, not this proposition.

Marriage is "sacred"... to the 1 in however many couples stay together.:mf_rosetinted:

Very elonquent opinion.:thumb_yello:

I think it's just 1 in 2 now. Maybe less.:naughty:

My take is that no matter what your religious views might be, they have no place in politics. Our forefathers fought for the seperation of church and state for a reason. It can be hard, especially if your faith tells you something is wrong, but it's what's fair for everyone.

And that, in my opinion, goes for abortion as well. NOT THAT I WANT TO GET INTO A DEBATE OVER THAT AGAIN.:naughty: Just bringing up a second example.