Gigantic jump of LICM in Canadian charts!

elanorelle

ALL THE LOST SOULS

JAMES BLUNT ( ATLANTIC )

SOULJABOYTELLEM.COM

SOULJA BOY TELL 'EM ( INTERSCOPE )

DUTCHESS

FERGIE ( A&M )

44 (weeks on charts)

71 (2 weeks ago)

67 (one week ago)

31 (this week!) wow!

LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION

MIKA ( CAS )

GREATEST HITS

SPICE GIRLS ( VIRGIN )

RAISING SAND

PLANT/KRAUSS ( ROU

its #9 in Montreal right now! :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good! :thumb_yello: why such a big jump? :shocked:

Because he's finally coming back in a couple of weeks. The last time he came to Canada his album was #2. He has to get out there and support his album if he wants to make sales.

Because he's finally coming back in a couple of weeks. The last time he came to Canada his album was #2. He has to get out there and support his album if he wants to make sales.

oh, cool... He's album is going to go higher when he arrives! :thumb_yello:

Do you really think that's it? I wouldn't have thought three dates would have made that much of a difference in terms of album sales.

Honestly, the inner workings of the music industry are just voodoo to me. :boxed:

Do you really think that's it? I wouldn't have thought three dates would have made that much of a difference in terms of album sales.

Honestly, the inner workings of the music industry are just voodoo to me. :boxed:

We're talking about small numbers here. Mika reached #2 after they shipped 6,000 units. It doesn't take much to shift things around several places in a country the size of Canada. LICM had been declining towards the summer and when Relax was released it went right back up again.

I haven't been paying attention to the media here, but I would imagine the radio stations that are sponsoring the concerts have been pimping him on air since the tickets went on sale. That's how I found out about the MOD Club show in March and that's why I bought his album.

A rep from Paolo Nutini's record company talks at the very end here about how they expect album sales to increase from a gig in LA: