Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

The first time I heard this I thought he said "chicken" but I didn't think anything of it, I figured that's just how the song goes.

But now that I see the correct lyric is "ticket" I think I just heard wrong. I'm really bad at deciphering lyrics.

He probably forgot about the whole chicken thing, so I doubt that he said "chicken" just for us.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as soon as someone asks him they have to go straight on mfc and relieve everyone of this wonder! also, maybe film it for proof? In my opinion, though it was definitely chicken he said!!!

Are you people sure you want to be embarrassed by this question?

Although I'd probably look like an ass for even asking.

yeah !!!!! a "chicken" proof together with the easter eggs ! that would be brilliant ! :chair:

Lol, :roftl: we want proof that the chicken on Jools Holland existed and we want Mika to say that chicken was in fact present and not the ticket!!

Basically, WE WANT MIKA TO GIVE US THE CHICKEN TRUTH!!!:thumb_yello:

I intend to be the first person to see Mika on this matter and I am going to shatter all your illusions about hootenannies and chicken. :wink2:

yep....she will be the person for this!!!!:) we don't have to wait until London to get this sorted out!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

OKAY GUYS i slowed it down on this audio editor (aka what i use to rip sounds from mika videos because i definitely needed that performance on my mp3 player) and it's DEFINITELY chicken i will upload the sound in a moment!

Okay, so in this it's clearly "chick-", but then I admit, it's not an 'en', its a "-euhhh -eeah". And as these british folk keep saying, I *guess* "chick-uhh" could be chicken or chicket. But on that note, it could also be a Mika-fied "tick" pronounced "tyick".

P.S. What audio editor do you use? I didn't know you could take sounds off youtube?

But on that note, it could also be a Mika-fied "tick" pronounced "tyick".

That is exactly what I heard as soon as I listened to it closely even though it sounds like chick on first listen.

I mean no disrespect to the non-native speakers, but it's an extremely subtle distinction and not one you're likely to pick up on. If there had been a close-up on Mika's face it might have been more obvious.

Has anyone compared with the "Sally" Lyrics??? He sings "she bought a ticket", he pronounces "t" and not "tch". I think, comparing with it, that it is definitely "ain't got no chicken".

i haven't really listened to sally much :blush-anim-cl: i need to listen to it more lol

Has anyone compared with the "Sally" Lyrics??? He sings "she bought a ticket", he pronounces "t" and not "tch". I think, comparing with it, that it is definitely "ain't got no chicken".

Hmm, I wouldn't take it as proof, because 'ticket' is in the middle of a line in Sally, and not being emphasised like in this song. He can pronounce things fine when he is talking, etc, but he likes to ... embellish some words when he's singing, like with the "-eeah" at the end of chicken/ticket.

... why am I going against what I think he says? :blink:

I'm saying 'ticket' because there was no cheeky smile afterward...

Plus, he likes to do the little 'uh' thing after words, making it sound like 'chicken'.

Of course, this wouldn't be the first thing I'm wrong about. :naughty:

Hmm, I wouldn't take it as proof, because 'ticket' is in the middle of a line in Sally, and not being emphasised like in this song. He can pronounce things fine when he is talking, etc, but he likes to ... embellish some words when he's singing, like with the "-eeah" at the end of chicken/ticket.

... why am I going against what I think he says? :blink:

You may try to ... embellish this thread?:wink2:

I know you can't say anything about the end of the word, but for the beginning it's "ch"... to me it sounds like chicken, katchinga...

Is there any other song with that word?:blink:

Hmm, I wouldn't take it as proof, because 'ticket' is in the middle of a line in Sally, and not being emphasised like in this song.

Mika's pronunciations are inconsistent anyway, even with the same song. On the album and some earlier live performances of Big Girl he sings "lady" with a long "i" sound instead of a long "a". So much so that I didn't even know what the word was until I looked up the lyrics.

Now he's changed it to a proper long "a" and it sounds normal.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgJp7KDrxYo

That's a good example.

I never had a clue what he was saying. At one point, I thought he was saying "Lighty" until I looked it up too. Then on that DVD, I noticed that he pronounced "lady" more distinctly.

Mika's pronunciations are inconsistent anyway, even with the same song. On the album and some earlier live performances of Big Girl he sings "lady" with a long "i" sound instead of a long "a". So much so that I didn't even know what the word was until I looked up the lyrics.

Now he's changed it to a proper long "a" and it sounds normal.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgJp7KDrxYo

I'm afraid I never had this problem, cos' Mika speaks English with American accent but I wonder if he doesn't pronounce vowels a la française...

We can't compare vowels with t or p ork...

I'm afraid I never had this problem, cos' Mika speaks English with American accent but I wonder if he doesn't pronounce vowels a la française...

We can't compare vowels with t or p ork...

what American accent???????

I guess I can't tell because I am Canadian with a slight New Zealand accent

what American accent???????

I guess I can't tell because I am Canadian

Many people say he has an Atlantic accent...

the problem is that even someone could ask him, we could not know if he tells the truth...

and no way to determine that with our ears...

I still think of chicken though