what did you want to be when you were a kid?

Star

hiya all!:cheerful_h4h:

i was just curious to know what everyone wanted to be when they were growing up,or what you want to be right now and whether you actually became it (for all the adults on here)

i have always wanted to be a singer but never really admitted it to anyone. I am working towards trying to make it big. I am going to be getting some music to one of my songs i wrote and hopefully will have a demo to send off to the record companies in the next few months :cheerful_h4h:

i am starting a new college in september (i quit the last one a few months ago was doing psychology,sociology and geography A levels but decided i didn't like them and was only really doing them cos everyone else wanted me to do them.) gonna be starting a national diploma in music production and performing arts in september yay! :D

luv nat xxx

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) well i have admitted it to my family in the past few months and they were fine with it and said they would support me which was great :D and my brothers friend has recording equipment which he said i could use yay! :D its frustrating i have all these songs i have written but they have no music to them at the moment grr lol!

:) well i have admitted it to my family in the past few months and they were fine with it and said they would support me which was great :D and my brothers friend has recording equipment which he said i could use yay! :D its frustrating i have all these songs i have written but they have no music to them at the moment grr lol!

Yeah my family sort of made me tell them not that long ago and I didn't want them to know. It resulted in tears :naughty:

I've always liked singing, but lack the talent, so I guess that's not really an option for me. :naughty:

I've wanted to be lots of things, but the only thing that really stuck is writing. ^^

Now all I have to do is write something and get it published. :roftl:

Yeah my family sort of made me tell them not that long ago and I didn't want them to know. It resulted in tears :naughty:

oh right lol. my family were surprised when i told them they had no idea :naughty: i kept it very quiet lol and they didn't know i wrote songs either :naughty: so they were like 'right ok' lol i'm trying to learn the acoustic guitar at the moment to accompany some of my songs which would fit with just an acoustic guitar but haven't got very far with it yet lol :)

oh right lol. my family were surprised when i told them they had no idea :naughty: i kept it very quiet lol and they didn't know i wrote songs either :naughty: so they were like 'right ok' lol i'm trying to learn the acoustic guitar at the moment to accompany some of my songs which would fit with just an acoustic guitar but haven't got very far with it yet lol :)

I think my mom expected it and she's fine with it. I've been taking piano lessons for a while now so that was probably a clue. I also asked for a fancy little recording thing which she got me for my birthday (but she wasn't happy with the price :sad:). I don't really sing unless I'm alone so I should probably work on that haha

I used to want to be the lead singer in a band and was convinced that I was stellar, but then I got older and realized I'm not nearly that great.

:naughty: I'm OKAY, but that's it. Don't have the talent to make it. (Plus I couldn't/can't write songs to save my life).

Now I'm not exactly sure..I want to possibly become a social worker or a missionary.(Not cause of Mika, for the record).

I think my mom expected it and she's fine with it. I've been taking piano lessons for a while now so that was probably a clue. I also asked for a fancy little recording thing which she got me for my birthday (but she wasn't happy with the price :sad:). I don't really sing unless I'm alone so I should probably work on that haha

i tried to learn to play the piano but we didn't get on....:roftl: so i went for trying the guitar as i am used to playing stringed instruments (i have played the violin for about 5 years). i have my singing lessons with about 7 other girls and we sing old and new pop songs and do little mini concerts with bout 60 people at them so i am used to singing in front of people lol (and if i wanna be a singer i am going to have to get used to it really). i have my first whole song to sing by myself at the next concert (i'm singing leona lewis's 'bleeding love') and i'm very nervous about it but my singing teacher said i sang it very very well at our last practise which is good :D lol

i tried to learn to play the piano but we didn't get on....:roftl: so i went for trying the guitar as i am used to playing stringed instruments (i have played the violin for about 5 years). i have my singing lessons with about 7 other girls and we sing old and new pop songs and do little mini concerts with bout 60 people at them so i am used to singing in front of people lol (and if i wanna be a singer i am going to have to get used to it really). i have my first whole song to sing by myself at the next concert (i'm singing leona lewis's 'bleeding love') and i'm very nervous about it but my singing teacher said i sang it very very well at our last practise which is good :D lol

Oh well I wish you luck! If only I could be as confident:blush-anim-cl:

I was nervous at my last piano recital....it was really bad :lmao: I need to learn how to control my nerves

Oh well I wish you luck! If only I could be as confident:blush-anim-cl:

I was nervous at my last piano recital....it was really bad :lmao: I need to learn how to control my nerves

aww thanx :original: i am determined to make it i am yep lol i don't give up easily lol i have been told i am a very determined person by many :naughty: i guess these qualitys are what i need to make it :)

aww thanx :original: i am determined to make it i am yep lol i don't give up easily lol i have been told i am a very determined person by many :naughty: i guess these qualitys are what i need to make it :)

Me too (I think) :lmao: I don't even know haha

i wanted to save the world

i don't want anymore

i'm becoming a doctor

hopefully working with non-profit organizations on missions abroad later...

cool :original: i could never be a doctor lol i can't stand blood and stuff lol

when...my "ideals" when I was younger are pretty ridiculous

I wanted to be:

-Darth Vader

-Indiana Jones

-The Pink Power Ranger

but now.... I want to be

- actress...

and I'm going to an acting school in3 years...hopefully

I have been really lucky in that what i wanted to be as a kid, i really still want to be now and nearly am, thats a primary school teacher!

:original: i wanted to be a secondary school teacher at one point in time (no idea why lol) but i quickly went off the idea of becoming a teacher lol wasn't for me lol i would be a rubbish teacher and get annoyed if someone kept talking when i was and probably end up throwing a book at them or something :naughty:

when...my "ideals" when I was younger are pretty ridiculous

I wanted to be:

-Darth Vader

-Indiana Jones

-The Pink Power Ranger

but now.... I want to be

- actress...

and I'm going to an acting school in3 years...hopefully

oooo the pink power ranger ruled!! lol me and my brother when we were younger named our hamster kimberley after the pink power ranger (that was the pink power rangers name lol how sad i know that lol) cool :original: actress, would try be one if i could act lol but i'll stick with the singing and songwriting more my forte :naughty:

:original: i wanted to be a secondary school teacher at one point in time (no idea why lol) but i quickly went off the idea of becoming a teacher lol wasn't for me lol i would be a rubbish teacher and get annoyed if someone kept talking when i was and probably end up throwing a book at them or something :naughty:

There are many times you feel like pulling your hair out, but the reward you get from the children when you have a really good day justifies all the hard times.

Theres no way i could do secondary, 10 year olds are hard enough work!

I ve only got a few months left at uni then im qualified, scary!!:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

I used to be obsessed with the ones that were little cartoons for sales at Shop Rite over here.

:roftl: i am tempted to say i wanna be one just so i can see what my parents say :naughty: plus i bet their expressions would be hilarious lol!

There are many times you feel like pulling your hair out, but the reward you get from the children when you have a really good day justifies all the hard times.

Theres no way i could do secondary, 10 year olds are hard enough work!

I ve only got a few months left at uni then im qualified, scary!!:thumb_yello:

oooo good luck with it :original: i couldn't do that i am not very good with little kids lol

Ohh I always wanted to be Dafne, Scooby-Doo's detective!

And talking about it, I always loved the yellow power ranger! :bleh:

I wanted to be a ridiculous talented guitar player, an Opera singer, Johnny Depp's wife, etc, etc...

No, really. I wanna be Johnny Depp's wife

And maybe study laws. :thumb_yello:

(but all I wanna study is philosophy, tho.)