The Lollipop Girls Topic

mandilambi

I don't know about any of the other girls that are going to be LGs, but I keep having tons of questions/comments that I want to post! So I thought I may as well make a topic for us to post in this one topic.

Okay, here are some questions for girls who have previously been LGs....

- Will we be called by Nadya at 5pm or something like that? Or did you all have to go somewhere and be let in that way? I am just curious and would like to know what to expect!

- Also is there anything we should take with us? I have a list of things to take...like my camera...my make-up bag...and a few other key items, but I wanted to know if you had any advice regarding this. :)

Hmmm...that's all for now. Any comments/advice is welcome! Can't wait to get another call from Nadya tomorrow!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll see! What did you do when you were an LG? Did you pass out lollipops to the crowd?

yeah i did that to... before the show :) was fun! not sure they still do it tho..

I don't know about any of the other girls that are going to be LGs, but I keep having tons of questions/comments that I want to post! So I thought I may as well make a topic for us to post in this one topic.

Okay, here are some questions for girls who have previously been LGs....

- Will we be called by Nadya at 5pm or something like that? Or did you all have to go somewhere and be let in that way? I am just curious and would like to know what to expect!

- Also is there anything we should take with us? I have a list of things to take...like my camera...my make-up bag...and a few other key items, but I wanted to know if you had any advice regarding this. :)

Hmmm...that's all for now. Any comments/advice is welcome! Can't wait to get another call from Nadya tomorrow!

Yeah... Um, who is Nadya???

I guess we'll see! What did you do when you were an LG? Did you pass out lollipops to the crowd?

Wow that would be sooooo cool if you passed lollipops to the audience.

she said she would call back after she flew in, and im sure there are some flight delays today with all this crazy fog!

Yes. It was very foggy this morning in Illinois.

You apply by sending to the email that was provided in the message about the Lollipop Girl competition.

uhsofamous...yeah, I am excited! I can't wait for tomorrow. :D

cant wait to hear how it was :thumb_yello:

Well as someone who has been Lollipop Girl three times in a week maybe I can help you !

So don't worry about Nadja calling you, sometimes she just doesn't have the time... she's quite busy that girl ! She called em the day before the gig to explain to me what I needed, at one time to be there and where. When she does call you, ask for her phone number, it's quite usefull. Especially since it's hard to get past the security guards and get in the venue, two times I had to call her so she could come and get me cause they wouldn't let me in.

About stuff you need to bring : your camera of course. lol. WATER, you're gonna be thirsty as hell... but most of the time they can provide that for you. Eat before you go because it's not sure that there will be catering... in NYC there was none and I was STARVING the whole night... or ask Nadja when she calls. Bring make-up cause they will not do your make-up for sure. We had someone to do ours in Montréal only. They ask you to bring shoes in case the ones they have don't fit but I have never seen anyone having to wear their one... they have small ones and big ones... but still... bring them just in case. You also have to bring hairties and pins to hold your hair under the wig.

Most important advice : SHAVE YOUR LEGS :naughty:

Yes you will be backstage and yes you will get to see the band and Mika but briefly, they are quite busy back there. Don't expect to spend the whole night hanging out with them but they are so very nice and they will make you feel very welcome and Mika will make a little time to talk to you. We had quite a good amount of time with him in Montréal but in Toronto and NYC we didn't get to see him as much, which is I assume because I was there and experienced and he didn't have to spend so much time with us to explain what he wants and what to do and everything, he asked me to do it for him.

At the three gigs I went to, we didn't give lollipops before the gig...

You're gonna see the show from either the side of the stage or the back of it... but you'll enjoy it very much even from there I tell you !!!

Drink a lot of water cause you're gonna be thirsty onstage, but not too much cause going to the toilet with that dress is quite a challenge :naughty: .

While you're on stage : try and take in everything and enjoy EVERY second of it cause it goes by SOOOO fast !!! Make sure you have fun and that it shows !!! Keep on smilin', even though you're out of breath and hot as hell. Skip around, dance, make funny moves. Try and interact with the band and with your fellow Lollies and the Big Girls. Be careful there are wires on the stage. It's madness during lollipop so try not to bump into people (I bumped into Mika quite a few times and in Saranayde and Martin lol). Throw balloons in the crowd and try interact with them. Be careful when you hit the balloons, I made the microphone stand fall in NYC (whoops !!!)

If you have anything important to say to Mika or if you want to give something to him, try and do it before the gig if it's possible, cause it's not garanteed you'll get to see him after the gig. In NYC we couldn't. However, if you want to have a picture with him, ask after the gig.

You've already met Mika so you already know he's a sweetheart... but you will see how incredibly nice he is, and he will make you feel very comfortable and you'll see that he is very appreciative of what LG and BG do.

So there, that's all I can think of for now... if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me !!!

ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT, IT'S THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME !!!!!!!

Well as someone who has been Lollipop Girl three times in a week maybe I can help you !

So don't worry about Nadja calling you, sometimes she just doesn't have the time... she's quite busy that girl ! She called em the day before the gig to explain to me what I needed, at one time to be there and where. When she does call you, ask for her phone number, it's quite usefull. Especially since it's hard to get past the security guards and get in the venue, two times I had to call her so she could come and get me cause they wouldn't let me in.

About stuff you need to bring : your camera of course. lol. WATER, you're gonna be thirsty as hell... but most of the time they can provide that for you. Eat before you go because it's not sure that there will be catering... in NYC there was none and I was STARVING the whole night... or ask Nadja when she calls. Bring make-up cause they will not do your make-up for sure. We had someone to do ours in Montréal only. They ask you to bring shoes in case the ones they have don't fit but I have never seen anyone having to wear their one... they have small ones and big ones... but still... bring them just in case. You also have to bring hairties and pins to hold your hair under the wig.

Most important advice : SHAVE YOUR LEGS :naughty:

Yes you will be backstage and yes you will get to see the band and Mika but briefly, they are quite busy back there. Don't expect to spend the whole night hanging out with them but they are so very nice and they will make you feel very welcome and Mika will make a little time to talk to you. We had quite a good amount of time with him in Montréal but in Toronto and NYC we didn't get to see him as much, which is I assume because I was there and experienced and he didn't have to spend so much time with us to explain what he wants and what to do and everything, he asked me to do it for him.

At the three gigs I went to, we didn't give lollipops before the gig...

You're gonna see the show from either the side of the stage or the back of it... but you'll enjoy it very much even from there I tell you !!!

Drink a lot of water cause you're gonna be thirsty onstage, but not too much cause going to the toilet with that dress is quite a challenge :naughty: .

While you're on stage : try and take in everything and enjoy EVERY second of it cause it goes by SOOOO fast !!! Make sure you have fun and that it shows !!! Keep on smilin', even though you're out of breath and hot as hell. Skip around, dance, make funny moves. Try and interact with the band and with your fellow Lollies and the Big Girls. Be careful there are wires on the stage. It's madness during lollipop so try not to bump into people (I bumped into Mika quite a few times and in Saranayde and Martin lol). Throw balloons in the crowd and try interact with them. Be careful when you hit the balloons, I made the microphone stand fall in NYC (whoops !!!)

If you have anything important to say to Mika or if you want to give something to him, try and do it before the gig if it's possible, cause it's not garanteed you'll get to see him after the gig. In NYC we couldn't. However, if you want to have a picture with him, ask after the gig.

You've already met Mika so you already know he's a sweetheart... but you will see how incredibly nice he is, and he will make you feel very comfortable and you'll see that he is very appreciative of what LG and BG do.

So there, that's all I can think of for now... if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me !!!

ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT, IT'S THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME !!!!!!!

hehe! Shaving your legs! hehe good idea! I don't shave because I DON'T HAVE HAIR! HEEHEHH! so that is taken care of! hehe

I believe she is an assistant to Mika. She's the one that has called all of us to tell us we are Lolli Girls. :)

Btw....still no phone call from her today. I hope she hurries and calls us! I can't take the suspense.

Thanks... Have you been called yet???

How 'bout now?

Now?

............................. NOW!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNow?

Are you a LPG yet???