Canada's national bird is the loon.

Which is why it is one our one dollar coin "loonie"

Each province also has there own provincial bird.

thank u!

we were so outta it at our swim meet, we all had quarters, counting the ridges to see how many there were. that was the most interesting thing that happened! lol

so how is everyone doing>

How's everyone tonight?

I'm a "little" nervous - tomorrow I'm having this cardiac stress test, then meeting with a cardiologist...... I'd be lying if I told you I didn't have butterflies fluttering around in my stomach..... :boxed:

Oh my goodness, I hope you'll feel less nervous soon. Good luck tomorrow:wink2:

How's everyone tonight?

I'm a "little" nervous - tomorrow I'm having this cardiac stress test, then meeting with a cardiologist...... I'd be lying if I told you I didn't have butterflies fluttering around in my stomach..... :boxed:

all the best of luck too you. I hope it goes well!!!

Oh my goodness, I hope you'll feel less nervous soon. Good luck tomorrow:wink2:

Oh, thank you sooo much for your kind wishes!!! I have been trying to distract myself all day - well, at least I'm getting a few things done! LOL!:wink2: I'm sittin' here, having a glass of wine - I'm cool until midnight, then nothing to eat or drink until I'm done (4 hours in the morning). I will most def let everyone know*how it went. On Monday I have ANOTHER BIG TEST - this one I am REALLY DREADING...... G.I. tract..... yuck!!! And Friday I have 2 other appointments... I just hope something will be properly identified 'cause I'm sck and tired of being sick and tired!!!!:thumbdown:

Hey fellow Canadians - just want to share some information that not enough people are familiar with. It's a retail practice that many stores in this country participate in. It's called the Scanning Code of Practice. I've just come home from shopping and a little irritated by sales clerks who are incompetent.

One of my pet peeves is bring merchandise to the counter only to discover that they've scanned the price incorrectly. If the store participates in the Scanning Code, then they are supposed to give the customer the item for free if it's under $10, otherwise if it's more than $10, give you $10 off the price. You will find the sticker that they place on or near the cash register/counter that explains the scanning code. I've seen it at most grocery stores, Zellers, Wal-Mart, The Bay, and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Use it when you can - it happens all the time. What you might normally find however, is that the sales clerk doesn't even know what you're talking about when you demand it. :thumbdown:

Hey fellow Canadians - just want to share some information that not enough people are familiar with. It's a retail practice that many stores in this country participate in. It's called the Scanning Code of Practice. I've just come home from shopping and a little irritated by sales clerks who are incompetent.

One of my pet peeves is bring merchandise to the counter only to discover that they've scanned the price incorrectly. If the store participates in the Scanning Code, then they are supposed to give the customer the item for free if it's under $10, otherwise if it's more than $10, give you $10 off the price. You will find the sticker that they place on or near the cash register/counter that explains the scanning code. I've seen it at most grocery stores, Zellers, Wal-Mart, The Bay, and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Use it when you can - it happens all the time. What you might normally find however, is that the sales clerk doesn't even know what you're talking about when you demand it. :thumbdown:

My teacher told me about that last year. I never knew about it before and thought that it was interesting. Yes- I remember the last time I saw that little sign is on that little thing where you rest your purse at Wal-Mart (does it have a name?)

About the same!:thumbdown:

What's happening with you? Care to share?

I'm sick.... as usual.... been in hospital, undergoing lots of (painful) tests, and a couple of days ago a close friend passed away. Meh, Feh and Bleh!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that (you being sick and your friend passing away)... my thoughts are with you !

logan1july102008.jpg

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww what a cutie !!!!!! I have a thing a for babies sporting mohawks... I think it's so freakin' adorable !

awwwww

ok

my great aunt died right in the beginning of summer break

if u havent heard about that way over 1,000 fires that have been burning up cali, weve got that, which has made our air plain old smoke for the last 3 weeks

i cant go outside bcuz the smoke + my asthma = trouble

i havent hadswim practice in 3 weeks, and we have a far away meet this saturday, and even though we are all outt shape (it takes 2 weeks to get outta shape, and two to get back in. and no one on our team is in shape) theres not even a point, other than the fact we will humiliate ourselves

we have championships in a week, and i dont want to get last place in all my events for that either bcuz that would be utter humiliation (i have a new problem, so that slowed me down to begin with this season, i had 2 sprained ankles for all of the sofar season, but they JUST heeled with my do nothing 3 weeks, i have terrible asthma, and i missed the first 2 months which was just like training, so i started behind everyone, i have only been to 2 meets this season, andthey have put me in events that i cant swim *breaststroke* because it hurts my knee, and im not terrible or anything, this season has just been a bust)

i just heeled from my 2 sprained ankles, and my plan fo when they were heel was to go running everyday (i havent run for months now) but i cant do that atm

my new laptop was suppost to come days ago, and it hasnt arrived yet

my toenail fell off leaving my whole foot in terrible pain w/ each step i take

i cant open the window to my room, and my room is the smallest, so it gets the stuffiest, even w/ the fan and ac~ and the way it gets real cold at night *the way i like it* is ifi have the window open, but if i do that, i wont be able to breath

yikes.... sorry to hear all of that... hope your summer has a happy ending !

for my birthday, i didn't do much on that day. we tried to go out for supper, but when we did, we noticed that the field behind my house had caught fire, so we came back in and dialed 911. we stayed in case we had to get our pets and things out of the house. there was actually 2 fires in the field.

all was ok, but by then we were tired and had tomatoe sandwiches for supper lol but the next night we went to hot and spicy restaurant & i enjoyed myself very much. you know... birthdays used to be fun, now... i don't really care that much. lol

!!!!!! Guylaine I missed you bday !!!!

Well HAPPY BELATED BDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! I am back from Canada (:boxed: *tear*)

I'm think i'm going to try and write a blog on myspace with all of my pictures and everything (which i'm uploading now)

I had a fantastic time! We went through new york on the way back and i got to see the falls, which was cool.

Everything was wonderful and I want to go back! Meeting Véro and Danie was really fun, and i miss them!

Mika better tour here soon!

I'll write more on myspace later!

So glad you enjoyed our country !!!! It was SO much fun getting to have dinner with you and your sis, I really hope you come back here soon !!!!! I miss you !!!

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!!! Montréal is amazing!!!

(and Véro and Danie are not so bad themselves :wink2:)

(I miss you girls sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!)

Yeah we're ok I gues... LOL !!!

I MISS YOU SO MUCH TOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

OMG!!!! That is one of the MOST CONTAGIOUS VIRUSES AROUND!!!!!:shocked: Symptoms include extreme apathy towards everything except Mika, Mika's music and the mfc. Patients usually develop increase usage of computers (to access mfc and Mika music and music videos) and i-pods (for same). Symptoms usually intensify to a peak right at the concert date, following which the patient experiences a type of catatonoia , or stupor, for the following week to two weeks. Other symptoms include singing along to Mika music despite complaints from family members, decreased sleep due to increase of Mika dreams and loss of memory of everything unrelated to the Main Man. This may precede either a severe depression or a quiet, mellow, settled state - which varies from patient to patient. In addition, the patient may experience peaks of this virus during other concert dates throughout the rest of the tour. The condition is extremely contagious, especially when Mika is reviewed in a public forum (i.e. mfc). In addition, the primary virus usually settles itself once the tour is completed; however, this can lead to another serious, and more long term condition of Mezmerizedmikamaniacmadness, where the subject becomes further enmeshed in the psychosis and finds her(him)self a life-long fan.

:naughty::wink2:

LOLOLOLLL !!!

I AM CANADIAN!

Well hello there !!! Is it your first visit to our lovely thread ?