The Midway State: Mika's opening act, AMAZING!

BonjourMika1990

I haven't either. And I haven't watched their latest video or commented on two others. I'm such a bad fan nowadays! :emot-sad: But I'll be back on their MySpace page after tonight when I have sent all my stuff for Mika's yearbook. :thumb_yello: I'm so proud to be on the same pages with them! :naughty:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm gonna go see them Wed. I asked if they could get me on the guest list 'cause I am broke and they were like, "no, pay the money." :naughty: Which makes sense, they do need paying fans, not freeloading fans... At least it turned out I can only pay $10 as opposed to the $300 CMJ fee.

--Jack

I think I'm gonna go see them Wed. I asked if they could get me on the guest list 'cause I am broke and they were like, "no, pay the money." :naughty: Which makes sense, they do need paying fans, not freeloading fans... At least it turned out I can only pay $10 as opposed to the $300 CMJ fee.

--Jack

Well that's awesome. We're jealous.:naughty:

Don't be jealous, it'll cost me a lot more to actually get to NYC. :naughty: And then I can't even be assured of getting in--CMJ ticket holders get first priority, and only then can you buy tickets at the door.

--Jack

Well, good luck in getting the tickets. We hope you get one.:punk: Wish we could go to NYC. Have never been there before.

So I was them yesterday at Arlene's Grocery CMJ showcase. They were great, of course, very energetic. And I really really love "Never Again" live, it has more of a rawness to it and an intensity that's smoothed out in the single/album version. The place was pretty packed. And I actually ran into our very own MommyLovesMika there! That was a pleasant surprise.

The guys were all sweethearts as usual. Mike Kirsh's lovely ladyfriend flew in from Greece to help them sell merch and take video for their site, so maybe you'll be able to see footage of the show later?

Oh, and I thought it was cool that some of the people who showed up to see them and hang out were back up dancers/PR people from the Mika tour. I guess they met backstage and became fast friends. I thought it was sweet.

--Jack

So I was them yesterday at Arlene's Grocery CMJ showcase. They were great, of course, very energetic. And I really really love "Never Again" live, it has more of a rawness to it and an intensity that's smoothed out in the single/album version. The place was pretty packed. And I actually ran into our very own MommyLovesMika there! That was a pleasant surprise.

The guys were all sweethearts as usual. Mike Kirsh's lovely ladyfriend flew in from Greece to help them sell merch and take video for their site, so maybe you'll be able to see footage of the show later?

Oh, and I thought it was cool that some of the people who showed up to see them and hang out were back up dancers/PR people from the Mika tour. I guess they met backstage and became fast friends. I thought it was sweet.

--Jack

OMG we are so jealous but so happy for you!! Sounds like you had a blast, oh we want to meet them so. Love Never Again! Great little review.

The Meyer Twins

OMG we are so jealous but so happy for you!! Sounds like you had a blast, oh we want to meet them so. Love Never Again! Great little review.

Thanks. :-) MommylovesMika took photos and video, so she may have a more substantiative one if she decides to post.

Re: meeting the guys--unfortunately they aren't planning to come back to the US anytime very soon, but I think they said they'd consider it in the new year. But assuming they do come back, they're quite genial and easy to meet, so I'm sure you will. :thumb_yello: For instance this time, as I was coming up to the venue, Mike K was lounging outside with some people. And then as soon as I walked in the door, I pretty much literally walked into Nathan. (It really was packed, haha.) And then I went in to see a bit of the band that was on before them, and ended up standing next to Mike W. Daenen was the only one that I had to seek out to say hi, 'cause he was taking care of stuff in the van, or else surrounded by a bevy of ladies. :naughty:

--Jack

Edited by JackViolet

Thanks. :-) MommylovesMika took photos and video, so she may have a more substantiative one if she decides to post.

Re: meeting the guys--unfortunately they aren't planning to come back to the US anytime very soon, but I think they said they'd consider it in the new year. But assuming they do come back, they're quite genial and easy to meet, so I'm sure you will. :thumb_yello: For instance this time, as I was coming up to the venue, Mike K was lounging outside with some people. And then as soon as I walked in the door, I pretty much literally walked into Nathan. (It really was packed, haha.) And when I went in to see a bit of the band that was on before them, and ended up standing next to Mike W. Daenen was the only one that I had to seek out to say hi, 'cause he was taking care of stuff in the van, or else surrounded by a bevy of ladies. :naughty:

--Jack

OMG! How awesome! You are so lucky! They better come back!:naughty:

Re: meeting the guys--unfortunately they aren't planning to come back to the US anytime very soon, but I think they said they'd consider it in the new year. But assuming they do come back, they're quite genial and easy to meet, so I'm sure you will. :thumb_yello: For instance this time, as I was coming up to the venue, Mike K was lounging outside with some people. And then as soon as I walked in the door, I pretty much literally walked into Nathan. (It really was packed, haha.) And then I went in to see a bit of the band that was on before them, and ended up standing next to Mike W. Daenen was the only one that I had to seek out to say hi, 'cause he was taking care of stuff in the van, or else surrounded by a bevy of ladies. :naughty:

--Jack

Hehe! Sounds like a lot of fun! :naughty:

How many times have you seen them?

--Jack

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:wub2:

Which one of them uses smileys in his comments? I've received a couple of MySpace comments that are not signed... and a few with "Mike". I don't dare to ask every time which Mike it is, so if you have any hints when it comes to recognizing their writing styles, please tell me! :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Which one of them uses smileys in his comments? I've received a couple of MySpace comments that are not signed... and a few with "Mike". I don't dare to ask every time which Mike it is, so if you have any hints when it comes to recognizing their writing styles, please tell me! :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

i think mike wise uses the smilies.