The Midway State: Mika's opening act, AMAZING!

BonjourMika1990

Well, it all depends which station you listen to, right? :naughty:

i hardly ever listen to the radio any more and when i do i listen to xm radio so its better music because its categorized by hits and stuff like i listen to upop which is pop from around the world but mainly from the uk so occasionally they play mika:bleh: but i have only heard it once:blink:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hardly ever listen to the radio any more and when i do i listen to xm radio so its better music because its categorized by hits and stuff like i listen to upop which is pop from around the world but mainly from the uk so occasionally they play mika:bleh: but i have only heard it once:blink:

Yeah' date=' I'm not radio obsessed either, but perhaps I should listen to the radio more often... Just so happens that night I turned the radio on and some number of songs later...Midway State. :naughty:

Oooh that's awesome! I heard Mika (in particular it was Grace Kelly) on the radio beforeseeing as I requested it...hehe

Yeah, I'm not radio obsessed either, but perhaps I should listen to the radio more often... Just so happens that night I turned the radio on and some number of songs later...Midway State. :naughty:

Oooh that's awesome! I heard Mika (in particular it was Grace Kelly) on the radio beforeseeing as I requested it...hehe

hahahaha yeah it was grace kelly also! they were playing live performances and all of a sudden i hear mika on jools holland singing grace kelly!!!!!!! ahhh its one of my favorite performances!

hahahaha yeah it was grace kelly also! they were playing live performances and all of a sudden i hear mika on jools holland singing grace kelly!!!!!!! ahhh its one of my favorite performances!

That is so awesome! :boing:

I think I should listen to the radio more often. Or buy me that XM Radio (or Sirius' date=' I think that's what they're called...) at the increase of a chance of hearing Mika's music on there. I mean, afterall, it seems to work if it happened to you. :naughty:

Or maybe I can stick to regular radio and throw in a request or two (or three or four haha) for Mika's music. :roftl:[/color']

That is so awesome! :boing:

I think I should listen to the radio more often. Or buy me that XM Radio (or Sirius, I think that's what they're called...) at the increase of a chance of hearing Mika's music on there. I mean, afterall, it seems to work if it happened to you. :naughty:

Or maybe I can stick to regular radio and throw in a request or two (or three or four haha) for Mika's music. :roftl:

haha i think you have more of a chance to stick with regular radio and request mika lol i had the xm radio for 3 years and i have heard him once:naughty: the only reason why i dont listen to the regular radio is becuase they dont even bother playing mika when i request it its too "controversial" for them:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

haha i think you have more of a chance to stick with regular radio and request mika lol i had the xm radio for 3 years and i have heard him once:naughty: the only reason why i dont listen to the regular radio is becuase they dont even bother playing mika when i request it its too "controversial" for them:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I was thinking about it the other day' date=' for those paid radio things, if it would be would be worth the money. But besides not hearing Mika quite so often :naughty:, do you think it's worth it?[/color']

I was thinking about it the other day, for those paid radio things, if it would be would be worth the money. But besides not hearing Mika quite so often :naughty:, do you think it's worth it?

yeah i think so, i love it! its sorta like io where you can stay on a channel but look and see what songs they are playing at other ones at the same time! and they have really good categories!

yeah i think so' date=' i love it! its sorta like io where you can stay on a channel but look and see what songs they are playing at other ones at the same time! and they have really good categories![/quote']

Oooh that sounds pretty awesome! :thumb_yello:

Is it extremely expensive?

if you go on xm.com you can get a free online trial and its the same sort of format as it is on the radio its judt not on the radio lol

Very cool! Thanks. :)

i dont know my dad bought it for my moms and his car i just use it when ever i am in them lol

Well' date=' I shall research it then. :naughty:

Anywhooo, I should go finish my homework. See ya later Aimee. :bye:[/color']

Midway State finally tops the bill

Toronto rockers played openers for an eclectic slate of artists

Francois Marchand, Freelance

Published: 2:04 am

THE MIDWAY STATE

With: Thriving Ivory

When: Friday at 9 p.m.

Where: Starlite Room, 10030 102nd St.

Tickets: $10 at Ticketmaster, Megatunes, Blackbyrd and at the door

- - -

EDMONTON - The Midway State is slowly coming to the realization that it couldn't have picked a better band name.

The Toronto pop-rock quartet, which has been building a strong industry buzz over the past year or two, has found itself opening for acts ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other, their piano-based melodies falling squarely in the middle.

"There's something about our band," pianist and vocalist Nathan Ferraro says. "We went directly from touring with Daughtry for six weeks -- you know, classic American rock -- to touring with Mika for six weeks and he's 'eccentric Euro music.'

"I would hate to put a bunch of Daughtry fans in front of Mika and vice versa," he laughs. "Funnily enough, because our music is super honest and we just get up there and do our thing, we don't often get too much fruit thrown at us."

Ferraro says his influences come from both sides of the musical coin, having been raised on the timeless rock of Peter Gabriel and The Who, acts that both embody the spirit of rock 'n' roll and Mika's Grace Kelly-esque theatrical drama.

Ultimately, The Midway State usually gets compared to and thrown into the Coldplay-wannabe box, mostly due to the band's piano-driven approach to rock music.

"As an artist, reading that stuff just makes me cringe," Ferraro says, "but, at the same time, I understand there's no other way (for music critics) to do it, really. "

With the release of their full-length debut, Holes, and a single, Never Again, that echoes Bronski Beat's '80s pop landmark Smalltown Boy, The Midway State finds itself headlining its own tour after years of opening for the likes of Lifehouse, Avril Lavigne, Theory of a Deadman and Collective Soul, as well as the aforementioned Mika and Daughtry.

The band has benefited from the support of MuchMusic and Sum 41's Steve Jocz, who directed The Midway State's video for their early single, Change For You. The band was also featured on Paste Magazine's September 2007 music sampler CD with their song A Million Fireflies.

"I don't think we deserve it at all -- I just think we're so lucky," Ferraro admits. "I get up every single day and focus on our music because that's the only thing I know how to do and that I like doing.

"There's no fear; no one owes us anything. We just hope that people get what we're doing."

The band's current tour is sponsored by telecom giant Rogers, which even provided Ferraro and crew their own pre-paid cellphones to avoid racking up hefty long-distance bills.

As far as having fans "text in" their encore requests (like another Rogers-sponsored act, Simple Plan, were seen doing on their most recent tour), Ferraro isn't ready to take the leap yet.

"I don't know how I feel about that, actually," he says. "It's a novel idea but it takes something away. I've always enjoyed the 'mystery' of the encore."

© The Edmonton Journal 2008

Midway State finally tops the bill

Toronto rockers played openers for an eclectic slate of artists

Francois Marchand, Freelance

Published: 2:04 am

THE MIDWAY STATE

With: Thriving Ivory

When: Friday at 9 p.m.

Where: Starlite Room, 10030 102nd St.

Tickets: $10 at Ticketmaster, Megatunes, Blackbyrd and at the door

- - -

EDMONTON - The Midway State is slowly coming to the realization that it couldn't have picked a better band name.

The Toronto pop-rock quartet, which has been building a strong industry buzz over the past year or two, has found itself opening for acts ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other, their piano-based melodies falling squarely in the middle.

"There's something about our band," pianist and vocalist Nathan Ferraro says. "We went directly from touring with Daughtry for six weeks -- you know, classic American rock -- to touring with Mika for six weeks and he's 'eccentric Euro music.'

"I would hate to put a bunch of Daughtry fans in front of Mika and vice versa," he laughs. "Funnily enough, because our music is super honest and we just get up there and do our thing, we don't often get too much fruit thrown at us."

Ferraro says his influences come from both sides of the musical coin, having been raised on the timeless rock of Peter Gabriel and The Who, acts that both embody the spirit of rock 'n' roll and Mika's Grace Kelly-esque theatrical drama.

Ultimately, The Midway State usually gets compared to and thrown into the Coldplay-wannabe box, mostly due to the band's piano-driven approach to rock music.

"As an artist, reading that stuff just makes me cringe," Ferraro says, "but, at the same time, I understand there's no other way (for music critics) to do it, really. "

With the release of their full-length debut, Holes, and a single, Never Again, that echoes Bronski Beat's '80s pop landmark Smalltown Boy, The Midway State finds itself headlining its own tour after years of opening for the likes of Lifehouse, Avril Lavigne, Theory of a Deadman and Collective Soul, as well as the aforementioned Mika and Daughtry.

The band has benefited from the support of MuchMusic and Sum 41's Steve Jocz, who directed The Midway State's video for their early single, Change For You. The band was also featured on Paste Magazine's September 2007 music sampler CD with their song A Million Fireflies.

"I don't think we deserve it at all -- I just think we're so lucky," Ferraro admits. "I get up every single day and focus on our music because that's the only thing I know how to do and that I like doing.

"There's no fear; no one owes us anything. We just hope that people get what we're doing."

The band's current tour is sponsored by telecom giant Rogers, which even provided Ferraro and crew their own pre-paid cellphones to avoid racking up hefty long-distance bills.

As far as having fans "text in" their encore requests (like another Rogers-sponsored act, Simple Plan, were seen doing on their most recent tour), Ferraro isn't ready to take the leap yet.

"I don't know how I feel about that, actually," he says. "It's a novel idea but it takes something away. I've always enjoyed the 'mystery' of the encore."

© The Edmonton Journal 2008

That's awesome! Thanks for posting. Always like reading about the men!

The Twins

Midway between the underground and the stars

Francois Marchand , Canwest News Service

Published: Friday, November 14, 2008

The Midway State is slowly coming to the realization that it couldn't have picked a better band name.

"There's something about our band,'' pianist and vocalist Nathan Ferraro says. "We went directly from touring with (American Idol finalist) Daughtry for six weeks -- you know, classic American rock -- to touring with Mika for six weeks and he's 'eccentric euro music.'

Toronto's The Midway State finally finds itself headlining a tour after years of opening for acts as diverse as Lifehouse, Avril Lavigne, Theory of a Deadman and Collective Soul. (http://www.themidwaystate.com)

"I would hate to put a bunch of Daughtry fans in front of Mika and vice versa,'' he laughs. "Funnily enough, because our music is super honest and we just get up there and do our thing, we don't often get too much fruit thrown at us.''

Ferraro says his influences come from both sides of the musical coin, having been raised on the timeless rock of Peter Gabriel and The Who, acts that both embody the spirit of rock 'n' roll and Mika's theatrical drama.

Ultimately, The Midway State usually get compared and thrown into the Coldplay-wannabe box, mostly due to the band's piano-driven approach to rock music.

"As an artist, reading that stuff just makes me cringe,'' Ferraro says, "but, at the same time, I understand there's no other way (for music critics) to do it, really."

With the release of their full-length debut, Holes, and a single, "Never Again," that echoes Bronski Beat's '80s pop landmark "Smalltown Boy," The Midway State finds itself headlining its own tour after years of opening for the likes of Lifehouse, Avril Lavigne, Theory of a Deadman and Collective Soul.

The band has benefited from the support of MuchMusic and Sum 41's Steve Jocz, who directed The Midway State's video for their early single, "Change For You." The band was also featured on Paste Magazine's September 2007 music sampler CD with their song "A Million Fireflies."

"I don't think we deserve it at all -- I just think we're so lucky,'' Ferraro admits. "I get up every single day and focus on our music because that's the only thing I know how to do and that I like doing.

"There's no fear; no one owes us anything. We just hope that people get what we're doing.''

The band's current tour is sponsored by telecom giant Rogers, which even provided Ferraro and crew with their own prepaid cellphones to avoid racking up hefty long-distance bills.

As far as having fans "text in'' their encore requests (like another Rogers-sponsored act, Simple Plan, did on their most recent tour), Ferraro isn't ready to take the leap yet.

"I don't know how I feel about that, actually,'' he says. "It's a novel idea but it takes something away. I've always enjoyed the 'mystery' of the encore.''

The Midway State's Canadian Tour Dates:

Nov. 14, Edmonton

Nov. 15, Calgary

Nov. 16, Saskatoon

Nov. 17, Winnipeg

Nov. 19, Guelph

Nov. 20, Toronto

Nov. 21, Ottawa

Nov. 22, Montreal

© CanWest News Service 2008

Edited by A. Clay

Ooh! Thanks for the nice article. :)

What's the story behind "Killer" on Mike Kirsh's shirt? Or is there any deeper meaning than the obvious? I had a dream once where Kirsh killed a werewolf for me, and when I told him about it he said he was glad that he was able to rescue me. :naughty:

Also I have a doll that looks like Johnny Depp so his name is Johnny. Well, today I noticed that Johnny kinda looks like Mike Kirsh too, so I'm going to make him a little killer shirt! :roftl:

Edited by Marianne84

Ooh! Thanks for the nice article. :)

What's the story behind "Killer" on Mike Kirsh's shirt? Or is there any deeper meaning than the obvious? I had a dream once where Kirsh killed a werewolf for me, and when I told him about it he said he was glad that he was able to rescue me. :naughty:

Also I have a doll that looks like Johnny Depp so his name is Johnny. Well, today I noticed that Johnny kinda looks like Mike Kirsh too, so I'm going to make him a little killer shirt! :roftl:

:punk::punk:

• 4 weeks later...
*Bump*

What was this thread doing on page 9? :mad3:

New music videoooo!

:woot_jump:

I was a bit worried for Nathan at the end... :fro::fisch::naughty:

i was so excited to see his hair get wet! i' really curious to see what a fro looks like wet. the whole video, i was waiting for the rain to catch up with nathan, and when it did...:no:. it only got a little wet. i was disappointed.

i was so excited to see his hair get wet! i' really curious to see what a fro looks like wet. the whole video, i was waiting for the rain to catch up with nathan, and when it did...:no:. it only got a little wet. i was disappointed.

:lmfao:

Maybe he'll do a video blog for us by request: "Shower time with Nathan." Mike Kirsh did it, SO... :naughty::thumb_yello: