The Midway State: Mika's opening act, AMAZING!

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub2::wub2:

We're in for shower time with Nathan! Alex that signature you have of Edward in the car is just so hilarious. It makes us laugh everytime we see it!

they should do shower time with each member. especially daenan :das:

thanks! i know, the mean look he gives is more comical, than fierce :naughty:

i like you siggie too! i've never seen a "little miss twins"

they should do shower time with each member. especially daenan :das:

thanks! i know, the mean look he gives is more comical, than fierce :naughty:

i like you siggie too! i've never seen a "little miss twins"

We loved the shower time with Mike Kirsh.:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: The rest should do one.

We know! We love the look of Edward when he looks away. Wow he is awesome.:wub2:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We're jealous too. Would love to see him.

Keep an eye out. His tour has been extended into the fall and he always adds dates. Keep the faith. :thumb_yello:

he probably was, and just continued on :roftl:

me too! he came last december, but no one would go with me :sneaky2: next time, that's not going to stop me.

Ahaha never thought of that. :lol3:

DON'T! Next time you will go alone and you will brag about it. :biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...

So...The Midway State are pretty awesome! Went to a concert today (twas free :punk:) and I was so pleased. They played all their songs from "Holes". About every two songs or so, Nathan would say something along the lines of, "thank you so much for showing up!", so kind. And one thing I thought was so sweet was when Nathan said he wrote "Never Again" for a girl but she'll probably hasn't heard it (psht!). What else? Hmm...well, Daenen broke something (and Nathan pointed that out :naughty:). Nathan also said that Mike W. lives up the street from where the show was (:shocked:) and that he's shy, you could tell (:teehee:).

100_6141.jpg

When they were finished and left the stage, I saw some people go to the side of the stage. But I waited a bit :teehee:. Okay, so I'm going to spare you a lot of details about meeting them because...you don't care. But I will say this once and I will keep saying this, they are incredibly nice guys. They signed everyone's stuff (:biggrin2:), posed for photos with everyone (:biggrin2:) and said "thank you. Thanks for coming out" each time I (or someone else for that matter) said, "you guys were awesome". They were well dressed too. :bleh:

There was another performance (by Divine Brown) but I left after The Midway State played, and I met them. :aah:

They were a pleasure to meet, a pleasure to see live. They are so great. I'm extremely pleased. :wub2:

So...The Midway State are pretty awesome! Went to a concert today (twas free :punk:) and I was so pleased. They played all their songs from "Holes". About every two songs or so, Nathan would say something along the lines of, "thank you so much for showing up!", so kind. And one thing I thought was so sweet was when Nathan said he wrote "Never Again" for a girl but she'll probably hasn't heard it (psht!). What else? Hmm...well, Daenen broke something (and Nathan pointed that out :naughty:). Nathan also said that Mike W. lives up the street from where the show was (:shocked:) and that he's shy, you could tell.

100_6141.jpg

When they were finished and left the stage, I saw some people go to the side of the stage. But I waited a bit :teehee:. Okay, so I'm going to spare you a lot of details about meeting them because...you don't care. But I will say this once and I will keep saying this, they are incredibly nice guys. They signed everyone's stuff (:biggrin2:), posed for photos with everyone and said "thank you. Thanks for coming out" each time I (or someone else for that matter) said, "you guys were awesome". They were well dressed too.

There was another performance (by Divine Brown) but I left after The Midway State played, and I met them. :aah:

They were a pleasure to meet, a pleasure to see live. They are so great. I'm extremely pleased. :wub2:

WOW!!!! We saw them in Chicago before Mika but we never got to meet them afterwards, still we could just tell that they would be such sweethearts. Just by the myspace comments and stuff we get from them, it's just so totally sweet. Would love to see them again someday and hopefully get to meet them.:wub2::wub2: Glad you had a great time and great photo.

My friend went into Nathan (is it nathan?) 's house a few weeks ago because her cousins are friends with them :original:

Well that is freakin' awesome. :)

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

WOW!!!! We saw them in Chicago before Mika but we never got to meet them afterwards, still we could just tell that they would be such sweethearts. Just by the myspace comments and stuff we get from them, it's just so totally sweet. Would love to see them again someday and hopefully get to meet them.:wub2::wub2: Glad you had a great time and great photo.

Well that is freakin' awesome. :)

I thought it was exponentially amazing.

She gots autographz and everything.

Aww, yeah...the MySpace comments you get are a great thing! :thumb_yello: Thanks so much. :D

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

Anyone remember these guys? They opened for Mika on his 2008 North American tour, and a lot of MFCers fell in love with them. :wub2:

They're back with a new single, with the album to follow next month. The new single is pretty amazing, just as good as anything from their first album if not better. Have a listen. :punk:

[YOUTUBE]NCe2zl57KPk[/YOUTUBE]

• 4 months later...

I'm completely head over heels in love with their new album Paris Or India. :mf_lustslow: I haven't got a copy of it yet, but will soon. I've been listening to it on the net, and I wish I found lyrics to all the songs. My favourites right now are Fire!, Hartley Salter's Kite and St. Paul and the Wolf. :wub2:

Edited by Marianne84