lipsync?

sarah90

I was talking to my friend about mika's show in Montreal.. and she told me that the next day she saw on a morning show that Mika was lipsyncing in the beginning of the relax opening.. We started an argument about this..since I'm absolutely 100% sure..it is impossible!! She told me..they showed a clip where we can here the lyrics while his lips aren't moving for like a second..

I don't know what to think about that.. but I am certain that mika isn't the kind of artist to lipsync even if it is for one song..

my opinion: this morning show is SH*T

what do you think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my friend about mika's show in Montreal.. and she told me that the next day she saw on a morning show that Mika was lipsyncing in the beginning of the relax opening.. We started an argument about this..since I'm absolutely 100% sure..it is impossible!! She told me..they showed a clip where we can here the lyrics while his lips aren't moving for like a second..

I don't know what to think about that.. but I am certain that mika isn't the kind of artist to lipsync even if it is for one song..

my opinion: this morning show is SH*T

what do you think?

I have seen MIKA 6 times already and I can guarantee that MIKA is pure talent at his shows and every where he performs!!!!

Mika uses backing tracks in some cases, but he does not lip sync. The tracks are there to fill out the sound, not replace his live vocals. You can tell he's singing live with the first notes of Relax. On the CD it is very muted. When he does it live, it's full throttle.

I have seen MIKA 6 times already and I can guarantee that MIKA is pure talent at his shows and every where he performs!!!!

that's what I thought!! the media is always trying to make some kind of scandal out of everything!! it gets so tierding!!!!

He said on the documentary on the dvd that he didn't see the point of lipsyncing, so I can't see that he would start doing it now.

Watching him sing Relax live up close, he definitely is NOT lipsyncing.

Mika uses backing tracks in some cases, but he does not lip sync. The tracks are there to fill out the sound, not replace his live vocals. You can tell he's singing live with the first notes of Relax. On the CD it is very muted. When he does it live, it's full throttle.

i agree with you.

The only thing I would say with regard to this is for tv performances, artists are often pushed into miming cos it's a lot easier to set up. I don't think Mika's ever done or ever would do it, but I do know that a lot of the time, miming isn't done out of laziness on the artist's part, but laziness on the sound techies part.

I think Mika's most likelyto be of the opinion that he plays live or he doesn't play at all, which is the best way to be.