American Thread Part III

mandilambi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jen....I was just thinking how much fun it would be to be a concert photographer! That's sort of a job I'd love to do....but I would never actually pursue... you should definitely try to get in on some Mika gigs with your photography. :D

Oh, and if I were you....I'd still try to see Elton... I'm just saying that be ready to see very similar shows if you see him more than once.

Btw...I started a new topic for concert/scrapbooking!

Elton is fun, but I have to say after seeing him twice I don't think I would go again if the opportunity came about. His shows do not vary that much...and after you've seen Mika jumping all over stage, it gets tiring seeing someone sit so still on stage. LOL I still wuv the old guy though. :)

I have to agree. He's a great musician and his voice is amazing, but it does get tiring watching someone sit the whole time.

I had floor seats, though, which might've made it more interesting for me. haha

But I still had fun there!

I know what you mean! I've seen Bob Dylan twice, and he's gotta be like 300 years old :naughty: . So he stands there the entire time. And he can't really sing anymore because his vocal cords are all screwed up. I totally wouldn't have gone but it's Bob freaking Dylan. :bleh:

I'm not sure I would see another older Classic Rock musician again unless I was really into them.

I saw The Rolling Stones in 2006, I think it was, and they were just okay. I think Mick runs around the stage too much and he gets all out of breath.

That was right after Keith fell out of that coconut tree.:naughty:

Exactly, Jess....I love Elton and all, but geez it can get tedious seeing him sit there the whole night! LOL Another thing I noticed is he tends to not go to both sides to bow....which was frustrating cos my side always got jipped. HMPH! LOL!!!!

There are also only a few classic rock bands I'd go see. And that's only a few.

megan you KNOW i don't know all this terminolgy.

:mf_rosetinted:

Sorry :roftl:

Can someone tell me when the Brit Awards will be televised in the US? I saw it last year, but it was after the live show. I don't want to miss this one.

Answer this women people!! I didn't know it was going to air in the US :wub2:

:huglove: LIES. you are a very good liar, oh megan, oh megan :roftl:

No your the liar! :wub2::naughty:

Jen....I was just thinking how much fun it would be to be a concert photographer! That's sort of a job I'd love to do....but I would never actually pursue... you should definitely try to get in on some Mika gigs with your photography. :D

Oh, and if I were you....I'd still try to see Elton... I'm just saying that be ready to see very similar shows if you see him more than once.

Btw...I started a new topic for concert/scrapbooking!

I think it would be awesome to try concert photography, and I'd like to try wedding photography too, but they have us try all different types so I'll eventually find what I'm good at.

Oh gosh I would absolutely LOVE to be a photographer at one of his shows. :wub2: All the jumping around, the outfits, confetti, balloons, crazy fans. I would walk away with so many photos hahaha. I would just have to make sure that I stay steady when I take the photos. I tend to jump. :lmfao: I wouldn't do it drunk either like what that other photographer did. :lmfao:

I just don't want to do concerts that involve that screamo music and mosh pits... I pretty much would be terrified. :boxed:

I would try to see Elton, but his tickets start from $71.50 and up. I think right now I'll just stick to Mika and start hitting up other concerts when I actually have the money to see more and live closer to where bands come to. So far he's the only one I'd travel for unless if U2 comes to Boston and has tickets for like $25. :roftl:

Can someone tell me when the Brit Awards will be televised in the US? I saw it last year, but it was after the live show. I don't want to miss this one.

I wish I knew!

Maybe a Brit will know?

Or perhaps it's on the website?*goes to check*

I hate to break it to ya, but most schools are closed on President's Day.

At least mine and the ones around here are.

Not mine. :sneaky2:

But I only have guitar class for 55 minutes so oh well and then we get a week off next week. I don't know why we don't get it off though, guess it's not important or something. *shrugs shoulders*