The Vitas Appreciation Thread.

cheeseygoodness

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Woke up with this song stuck in my head not long ago. It's the eighth track on his 'Mama' album, and it's one of my favourites. Bozhe, kak ya lyublyu this song :wub2:

I think he has that expression on 24/7! :roftl: I love that look.. that half smile thing he does! :wub2:

It is rather fabulous, isn't it? :naughty:

^ Woke up with this song stuck in my head not long ago. It's the eighth track on his 'Mama' album, and it's one of my favourites. Bozhe, kak ya lyublyu this song :wub2:

It is rather fabulous, isn't it? :naughty:

i like this song A LOT.... :mf_lustslow:

and he looks quit hunky. i especially like the chorus. we're really developing a strange taste in music aren't we!?

http://www.mymusiclists.com/artists/best-singer-of-all-time.asp

^^^^^^^ vote for VITAS as "the best singer of all time" he's winning by 58%!!!!!!!!

and there's a contest for those who can sing like vitas.....spoofs are also accepted, so i might film a better version of my "vitas in the mail".

http://www.vitasvitas.com/contest.html

that's very mean of them! but.......they did say that he's heading for the states! i'm excited!

I wish he'd come to the UK too :tears:

Perhaps I'll have to learn Russian so I can beg him to do so :naughty:

i like this song A LOT.... :mf_lustslow:

and he looks quit hunky. i especially like the chorus. we're really developing a strange taste in music aren't we!?

It's gorgeous, isn't it? ^_^

('Extraterrestrial Friend') is also one of my favourites off 'Mama'.

And I don't think Vitas' music is all that strange - hell, y'aint heard strange until you've heard Diamanda Galás! :naughty:

(And the track I've linked to is one of her more 'normal' songs!)

So, my Krikom CD finally came this weekend! :biggrin2: Here's the tracklisting and my first impressions:

Криком журавлиным: Возвращение домой 2

(Crane's Crying: Return Home 2)

1. Криком Журавлиным (Crane's Crying)

2. Jamaica

3. Ангел Без Крыла (Angel Without a Wing)

4. Маленький Принц (Little Prince)

5. Принцесса (Princess)

6. Мудрец (Sage)

7. Тополь (Poplar)

8. Старый Календарь (Old Calendar)

9. Я Твоё Повторяю Имя (I Repeat Your Name)

10. Колыбельная (Lullaby)

11. Лист Осенний (An Autumn Leaf)

I've only had a chance to listen to this album once, but I really like it already. I haven't checked out the lyrics yet, so I have nothing to say about those, but the music is very enjoyable and well-written IMO, and the album seems to have a somewhat laid-back feel to it in general. It's become even more apparent after having listened to this album how much of a prevailing sense of loss and grief there is on 'Mama', and I get the feeling that Vitas himself was generally happier when he wrote the songs on 'Krikom Zhurablinim'. (do excuse my sucky Russian transliteration LOL, I'm still learning!) Vitas' singing is pretty much faultless on this album, and the songs tend to show off his amazing operatic skill really well. To be honest, I have nothing bad to say about 'Krikom'... apart from one small thing. Why the heck is 'List osenniy' tacked onto the end of this album when it's already on 'Mama' TWICE?? It's a nice song and all, but it just seems like a random pointless add-on here.

Despite that one little thing, this album is, in my opinion, very good. I give it 4 out of 5! :thumb_yello:

So, my Krikom CD finally came this weekend! :biggrin2: Here's the tracklisting and my first impressions:

2. Jamaica

5. Принцесса (Princess)

6. Мудрец (Sage)

7. Тополь (Poplar)

I've only had a chance to listen to this album once, but I really like it already. I haven't checked out the lyrics yet, so I have nothing to say about those, but the music is very enjoyable and well-written IMO, and the album seems to have a somewhat laid-back feel to it in general. It's become even more apparent after having listened to this album how much of a prevailing sense of loss and grief there is on 'Mama', and I get the feeling that Vitas himself was generally happier when he wrote the songs on 'Krikom Zhurablinim'. (do excuse my sucky Russian transliteration LOL, I'm still learning!) Vitas' singing is pretty much faultless on this album, and the songs tend to show off his amazing operatic skill really well. To be honest, I have nothing bad to say about 'Krikom'... apart from one small thing. Why the heck is 'List osenniy' tacked onto the end of this album when it's already on 'Mama' TWICE?? It's a nice song and all, but it just seems like a random pointless add-on here.

Despite that one little thing, this album is, in my opinion, very good. I give it 4 out of 5! :thumb_yello:

That's weird that it's on 2 different cds :blink:

EDIT: YAYYYYYY You got it!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump::yay::naughty:

http://www.mymusiclists.com/artists/best-singer-of-all-time.asp

^^^^^^^ vote for VITAS as "the best singer of all time" he's winning by 58%!!!!!!!!

i voted... but why isn't mika on the list??:thumbdown:

2. Jamaica

5. Принцесса (Princess)

6. Мудрец (Sage)

7. Тополь (Poplar)

finally you got it!!!:punk: thanks for the review!!

No probs! :thumb_yello:

I'm currently addicted to

from Krikom Zhurablinim... (once again, do excuse my awful Russian transliterations LOL) his singing in that song is just... ahhhh... *melts into a puddle o' goo* chikas_pink13love.gif

EDIT: Oooooo, lucky 7's post! 8D

Seeing as I'm very interested in astrology, and also since I noticed that Vitas' birthday is on the cusp between Aquarius and Pisces, I decided to do one of those birth chart thingies to see once and for all where the Sun was on the day that he was born (it's been bugging me for a while LOL). Obviously, I don't know his exact time of birth, so it couldn't calculate a bunch of signs, but I think it's quite interesting anyway - take a look here. (Oh, and I kind of guessed about the place of birth too, since every biography just says Latvia and doesn't specify a town or whatever...)

Also, I found this rather interesting video about people who try to 'catch' the 'healing powers' of Vitas' voice in bottled water... I kid you not! :blink:

Seeing as I'm very interested in astrology, and also since I noticed that Vitas' birthday is on the cusp between Aquarius and Pisces, I decided to do one of those birth chart thingies to see once and for all where the Sun was on the day that he was born (it's been bugging me for a while LOL). Obviously, I don't know his exact time of birth, so it couldn't calculate a bunch of signs, but I think it's quite interesting anyway - take a look here. (Oh, and I kind of guessed about the place of birth too, since every biography just says Latvia and doesn't specify a town or whatever...)

Also, I found this rather interesting video about people who try to 'catch' the 'healing powers' of Vitas' voice in bottled water... I kid you not! :blink:

wow.:shocked: that's crazy. so they bring water, and his voice does something to it to make it healing???? that's insane!

btw, how are you finding these random videos?? :naughty:

Yo Vitasfan and Shauna! Nice of you to pop by :)

Vitas is indeed teh r0xXor :biggrin2: I currently can't get enough of his music! Plus, I seem to have 'Jamaica' permanently stuck in my head these days LOL

I appear to have made a Vitas fan out of my mum so far, let's hope I can spread the Vitas love even more! :thumb_yello:

Rape my snot.

OT, but I always crack up when I see that :roftl: