The Australian Thread: Part Nine

Rainbow Sky

hiya SD! I saw you pop up on myspace and figured you'd turn up here, so i stalked you over here to hassle you about the licm cd and you've already said you don't want to join:sad: i'm not good enough to be on it, but who cares? It's heaps of fun. what do you sing? (soprano, alto, mezzo) Oh, and how's the band going and how did imagine go?

I sing alto. But I don't think I would be able to take part in the CD anyway because I don't have a microphone for my computer. I'm sure you guys will be fine without me! :naughty:

The band is going really well! We had a practice on Friday and I suggested that we do 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' and everyone agreed. We are sounding really good (thanks largely to the amazing singer)!

'Imagine' went alright. I didn't make any major mistakes but I think I was a little off pitch for a couple of the high bits but not too badly. My class seemed to like it though.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it DC :thumb_yello:

*worships*

*worships back.. in hopes you give back my signed mad00na whats-a-ma-call-it for eBay'ing purposes* :wink2:

hey yeah, it's past midnight!! Happy birthday JJL. I'm not going to do all that fancy stuff kelz did... I just quoted her so it looked like i did hehe.

Hey, you copied me! :naughty:

I sing alto. But I don't think I would be able to take part in the CD anyway because I don't have a microphone for my computer. I'm sure you guys will be fine without me! :naughty:

The band is going really well! We had a practice on Friday and I suggested that we do 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' and everyone agreed. We are sounding really good (thanks largely to the amazing singer)!

'Imagine' went alright. I didn't make any major mistakes but I think I was a little off pitch for a couple of the high bits but not too badly. My class seemed to like it though.

Hey, i'm an alto too! mics can be bought cheap you know. $15! o.k. if you really don't want to i won't twist your arm.

Ohhh!! Mental block! I can hear "Knockin' on heaven's door" in my head, but i can't for the life of me think who sings it!

I bet you're relieved that imagine is over though hey?

*worships back.. in hopes you give back my signed mad00na whats-a-ma-call-it for eBay'ing purposes* :wink2:

Hey, you copied me! :naughty:

Shhh!!! You weren't supposed to notice!

hey DC, every time i see that eye in your avatar I get the creepiest feeling that you are "looking" right at me. even though it's not your eye. i'm presuming. *gets scared looking at the twinkle that promises so much and delivers so little*

Uh... good to know... :boxed:

:naughty:

(just for the record, it's Mika's eye from the cover of Madame Figaro mag)

And on that note, I am gonna fade out!

*fades out, waving goodbye*

Uh... good to know... :boxed:

:naughty:

(just for the record, it's Mika's eye from the cover of Madame Figaro mag)

And on that note, I am gonna fade out!

*fades out, waving goodbye*

Ah! Thanks for that info, i didn't know that (naturally)

*waves goodnight*

Ohhh!! Mental block! I can hear "Knockin' on heaven's door" in my head, but i can't for the life of me think who sings it!

I bet you're relieved that imagine is over though hey?

Ah! Bob Dylan! :doh:

Yep. Bob Dylan. But we're doing a sort of mixture of Bob Dylan's original with the Guns'n'Roses cover.

And yeah, I'm pretty relieved. We had a choice of whether we wanted to do it on Friday or in our next lesson and I was sitting there the whole time thinking "Oh good, I'll just do mine next time". But then in the last 5 minutes of the lesson I changed my mind and just got it over and done with.

Yep. Bob Dylan. But we're doing a sort of mixture of Bob Dylan's original with the Guns'n'Roses cover.

And yeah, I'm pretty relieved. We had a choice of whether we wanted to do it on Friday or in our next lesson and I was sitting there the whole time thinking "Oh good, I'll just do mine next time". But then in the last 5 minutes of the lesson I changed my mind and just got it over and done with.

Sometimes it's better to do it that way, just bite the bullet and have it over and done with, but without having given yourself a lot of time to think about it.

*waves hello to HK*

Hubby has just alerted me to the fact that it's another late night for us and early start, so I'd better go. Night Mikamites.

In England "public schools" are what we call "private schools" i.e. you pay to go there. By describing someone as "public school" it means that they're upperclass and privileged or, more insultingly, snobby and sheltered. I'd have to agree with your friend, Mika is very public school, and doesn't even realise it.

Thank you for the explanation. :thumb_yello:

The first part of his life, up till he was taken out of school, didn't seem too sheltered.

Who really knows.

Helloooo.

I did something today! *has a life*

Went to a comedy thing in Northbridge - it was brilliant. Been there once before, ages ago, dunno why we never went back sooner - probably because it took me hours to get there by my dodgy navigation ... took the train this time. :bleh: It's like "Who's Line is it Anyway" - improv comedy, but hugely audience interactive, and really intimate, like the room is 4m x 10m or so (*is bad at estimating*). One pair there are doing a live show recording this Friday, definately going. 'Favourite' was (as named by me and my friends) "tall-skinny-jeans-guy", followed by "funny-faces-guy". Hey - last time my favourite was lanky and wearing skinny jeans too :naughty: (though he was "noel-feilding-guy") - is this saying something? Stick a tall guy in skinnies and he becomes an artistic genius? *has finally figured out Mika's secret* *doesn't think mixing hyperactiveness and sleepiness results in coherent posts*

*bounces in*

The sun is shining! I'm on my deck right now, in short sleeves! Hallelujah!!!

And I got about 6 inches of my hair cut off.

Wow, someone's a happy chappy :naughty:

*had the random urge to say 'happy chappy' ... and is glad that she got to*

6 inches! Big change - how is it?

we can mix the decks together, thus creating the most confusing game of UNO in history..

OMG OMG OMG, we so could! Brilliant!

*sends you some sunshine*

Well ... Howie is a theatre director & I'm an actor & we are rehearsing a new play today with with a couple of other guys ..... looks like I may be sporting that Russian accent again ....... my character's name is Stepanida Spiridonovna Mishkina .... or Stesha for short !!

Oh yay! That is so exciting - Stesha! :naughty:

*randomly pops into thread*

He brought his Wii. Have you guys ever played one? They're a little hard to get used to. We were sitting right next to each other on the couch and we were playing the sport games. When we were going to play tennis he scooted down to the other end of the couch and I couldn't figure out why at first. I realized that you have to move more to play the game....

LOL! I haven't! Ever! I feel so behind the times! :crybaby:

'Tis my Birthday tomorrow!!!

I'm getting some coloured jeans!!!

*now has most of the stuff needed for outfit to wear to future Mika concert*

Yay yay yay! It's TODAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Coloured jeans! Yay! What colour?

Hello non-existant Aussies!!

I haven't been on the MFC in two whole days. It's a miracle!

A little. I did a performance in music on Friday for which I sang and played piano 'Imagine' by John Lennon. I think I told you guys about how I had been preparing that a while ago..?

TWO DAYS :shocked: How did you manage it?

Awww, that is so great. Exactly! You should go on the cddddd!

Thank you for the explanation.

The first part of his life, up till he was taken out of school, didn't seem too sheltered.

Who really knows.

Hmmm

*is confused*

If England calls private schools public schools ... they are completely weird. They are the opposite :blink:

Public school - government school, private school - pay extra monies to go to.

Is how I see it anyhow.

Though, then that phrase isn't really saying much - so I guess scut is right. *strange british people ...*

And with that, I shall be off to beddy-byes.

Tell Adrea that I approve the motion. :lmfao:

In England "public schools" are what we call "private schools" i.e. you pay to go there. By describing someone as "public school" it means that they're upperclass and privileged or, more insultingly, snobby and sheltered. I'd have to agree with your friend, Mika is very public school, and doesn't even realise it.

Next time, tit pics for you, Scutty.

That's so funny, because public school means the EXACT opposite of private school here. To me, Mika's so NOT public school.

'Tis my Birthday tomorrow!!!

I'm getting some coloured jeans!!!

*now has most of the stuff needed for outfit to wear to future Mika concert*

Awesome

*laughs herself silly at the sight of those two snogging and goes to find Luke to snog him better*

14 tomorrow!!!!

Boobies... Random...

More story... *hasn't even seen this story even though she is the list apparentally*

We are definently that bad :bleh:

*is too lazy to do maths* Is that the 1st of March or the 2nd... *can't be bothered using brain*

*high 5's back*

Happy Birthday, Jules!

And yes, mine is on the 1st.

No worries, I am too. The hot new thing is Rock Band. Yeah... I'm probably never going to get to play that. :roftl:

Peejy, what are you doing up? Did you go to sleep at all?:blink:

Next time, tit pics for you, Scutty.

That's so funny, because public school means the EXACT opposite of private school here. To me, Mika's so NOT public school.

Happy Birthday, Jules!

And yes, mine is on the 1st.

Peejy, what are you doing up? Did you go to sleep at all?:blink:

I got about ummm.... probably not even two hours of sleep. :fisch: I'm home now so I'm going to take a nap shortly probably until dinner and then hopefully get together with a friend before he leaves for college again tomorrow.

So have you picked a honeymoon spot yet? :wink2:

Thank you for the explanation. :thumb_yello:

Who really knows.

Sheltered might not be the exact word for it, but he's definitely uppercrust and privileged. Besides the fact that his parents are very wealthy (I know he says they weren't, but his mother's clothing designs were sold on Fifth Avenue, and a family of seven that travels all over the world on a regular basis? I mean, come on!) it's very obvious in his speech patterns and mannerisms. Like Scut said, he most likely doesn't even realize it himself.

I got about ummm.... probably not even two hours of sleep. :fisch: I'm home now so I'm going to take a nap shortly probably until dinner and then hopefully get together with a friend before he leaves for college again tomorrow.

So have you picked a honeymoon spot yet? :wink2:

You crazy photographer, you.:wub2:

I'm thinking Paris. Opinion?

Sheltered might not be the exact word for it, but he's definitely uppercrust and privileged. Besides the fact that his parents are very wealthy (I know he says they weren't, but his mother's clothing designs were sold on Fifth Avenue, and a family of seven that travels all over the world on a regular basis? I mean, come on!) it's very obvious in his speech patterns and mannerisms. Like Scut said, he most likely doesn't even realize it himself.

You crazy photographer, you.:wub2:

I'm thinking Paris. Opinion?

I'd wait until September then crazy photographer will be 100% true... although it sort of is now because I'll get into a funky position or stand on something even if it's not sturdy to get the shot that I want. :naughty:

Oooh that would be nice! If we hold off until April I can tell you where we should visit. :wink2:

We should also go to some nice white sandy beach with gorgeous blue water too and sip on some chilled drinks. :naughty: Ooh maybe we can just go from Paris to the French Riviera. :thumb_yello: