The Australian Thread: Part Eleven

Rainbow Sky

Hello everyone! I'm going to share my recent psychic experience with you all! :wink2:

Well last night I was up late doing English and maths homework and I decided to go to bed after that rather than study for my history exam the next day. As I was sleeping I dreamt that our relief teacher (my history class has had one for the last 3 weeks while my teacher has been on holiday) would say that we would instead be doing the exam during the first lesson back next term instead because she hadn't given us all of the information.

And guess what she said when I got to class today? That we will be doing the test first lesson back next term because she needed to give us the last pieces of necessary information!

Crazy!

Whoa... that's weird.. .and stangely convenient!

Joined....but who had the bright idea of making me do a math problem:sneaky2: ....my brain is still hurting:wink2:

*pats Tanya's brain*

Oh thanks for the link again, I was too lazy to go and look for it and it wasn't even in the confirmation email :P

:mf_lustslow: I do so love that picture ... those pants are practically painted on :-)

Same... the URL isn't stuck in my head yet.. and I forgot to favourite it...

MMmmmmmm... painted on pants... delicious...

Ummmmm...

Ask Bec :naughty:

Sounds like a thpethial friend

:shocked:That's one way to raise some attention...

Righto... Bec? :naughty:

Oh yeah... Colt is thpethial... and annoying too... there's a reason I blocked him on my MSN...

Oh yeah... so will I put you down as buying one?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Dweezil Zappa.

Erm.. No it's not my desktop. I lifted that image from photobucket too :naughty:

I got a Ferrari Testarossa on my desktop atm.. well my home pc anyway. Work one has a boring sand dune pic... :D

Do you do MAC ??!!! :das:

Do you do MAC ??!!! :das:

Uh? As in Apple MAC? If so... not for a long time

Mmmmm... yummy... he looks good in a kilt...

About a year ago he did a voiceover for an advert... with his Dr Who English accent.... I know... I was stumped too :naughty:

About a year ago he did a voiceover for an advert... with his Dr Who English accent.... I know... I was stumped too :naughty:

That's weird...

Though I watched a vid of him talking normally and he doesn't really have a strong Scottish accent... Martin's is much stronger :das:...

Actually, the resident Scotsman in the pipe band has a stronger accent, and he's been here for years!

Figuered you were (but thought better to announce now :naughty:)... we'll try not to stuff it up :cool:

Fair enough...

And that's good... cause I might be forced to complain :naughty:...

:roftl:

:lmao:

Are you going to sue them?

Oooh, don't make me say it .. we do all so love his voice ... :naughty:

nope, not going to sue... unless there's a prob and the centre told me they're insured worker wise and what not.

and yes, that's what we all love... just his sweet, high voice...

Noice! Your hair looks great...

You should totally submit that photo of Tegan to People.

Canadian stalker? *fisch*

And what accident?

Thanks!!!

And I'd love to submit it but she would totally kill me!!! even more so...

I've got this canadian guy who seriously adores me and he's not taking the hint... he calls me all the time and it's getting really bad.

Oh I hurt myself in the mall I work in... both legs are still hurting...

I'd be game if you were :wink2:

Coolies!!! Scissors will be brought as well as clips and comb!

Don't encourage her... actually, she doesn't need any encouragement...

His name is Colt... and he thinks he's smart... and doesn't have a job... and only did up till year nine... and was home schooled from year 5...

hmm, he's not the brightest, is he? I do know how to pick them!!!

SOY !!! BLACKPOOL ...... ABC ...... DAVID TENNANT ........ :wub2:

Happikali!!!

*reads about David Tennant*

*gets excited*

*runs to tv and turns ABC on*

*watches Blackpool*

*swoons*

*swoons again*

*collapses into coma because he's shirtless*

*swoons even more*

*goes back to MFC*

*has strange urge to watch one of her Doctor Who eps*

Mmmmm... yummy... he looks good in a kilt...

why yes indeedy!!!

*swoons once more*

Oh I could listen to him forEVER!!! Scottish accent or English... it's all good to me!!!

*swoons one last time*

*Dreams*

*drools*

http://www.kiltmen.com/photogallery4.htm

That's weird...

Though I watched a vid of him talking normally and he doesn't really have a strong Scottish accent... Martin's is much stronger :das:...

Actually, the resident Scotsman in the pipe band has a stronger accent, and he's been here for years!

Yeah I saw him on an episode of Top Gear and his accent isn't that strong. I like the Scottish accent too. Apart from one region, but that's cos I can't understand a word they are saying! :roftl:

Happikali!!!

*reads about David Tennant*

*gets excited*

*runs to tv and turns ABC on*

*watches Blackpool*

*swoons*

*swoons again*

*collapses into coma because he's shirtless*

*swoons even more*

*goes back to MFC*

*has strange urge to watch one of her Doctor Who eps*

why yes indeedy!!!

*swoons once more*

Oh I could listen to him forEVER!!! Scottish accent or English... it's all good to me!!!

*swoons one last time*

*Dreams*

*drools*

http://www.kiltmen.com/photogallery4.htm

Man you got it baaad! :wink2:

Not all English accents sound good though... You should hear mine... YIKES!! :shocked:

Yeah I saw him on an episode of Top Gear and his accent isn't that strong. I like the Scottish accent too. Apart from one region, but that's cos I can't understand a word they are saying! :roftl:

Not all English accents sound good though... You should hear mine... YIKES!! :shocked:

The further north you go, the worse it gets, right?

and yes... I adore David Tennant... hehe, it's funny... both my mum and I swoon over him... he's extremely shiny...

I will agree with you on the English accents... some are a little off but I guess to us it's still good...

Mind you, I'm always told by a Canadian that my Aussie accent is hot... :blink:

I can mostly understand a Scottish accent... sometimes a few words are hard to understand... but I get the basic idea...

Some are hot... some aren't...

and yes... I adore David Tennant... hehe, it's funny... both my mum and I swoon over him... he's extremely shiny...

I will agree with you on the English accents... some are a little off but I guess to us it's still good...

Ask Freddie what he thinks about Aussie accents... I'm pretty sure he thinks they're hot...

I still haven't heard him speak yet... except for saying "Sunderland" when Mika asks him where he came from... :blink:

Yeah further north and all that. I am slap-bang in the middle. My area has god awful accents. Literally you can walk around the corner and the accent changes. I guess it is the parents that the accent rubs off from. Its the same everywhere. I had this conversation with Bruce Campbell the other week :D

Yeah the Aussie accent is well kewl. I have a friend that is from OZ. Been here a while now so you only notice certain words. For the most part she sounds Engl'ish :)

I can mostly understand a Scottish accent... sometimes a few words are hard to understand... but I get the basic idea...

Ask Freddie what he thinks about Aussie accents... I'm pretty sure he thinks they're hot...

I still haven't heard him speak yet... except for saying "Sunderland" when Mika asks him where he came from... :blink:

Geordie accent is cool. My ex-girlfriend is from Sunderland... well in between Sunderland and Newcastle so her accent was bordering on Scouse for some reason :naughty:

I can understand most scottish accents but will struggle with a couple of words with the real strong ones.

hehe, I'll make sure I ask Freddie next time I'm having a friendly convo with him... lol

Yeah further north and all that. I am slap-bang in the middle. My area has god awful accents. Literally you can walk around the corner and the accent changes. I guess it is the parents that the accent rubs off from. Its the same everywhere. I had this conversation with Bruce Campbell the other week :D

Yeah the Aussie accent is well kewl. I have a friend that is from OZ. Been here a while now so you only notice certain words. For the most part she sounds Engl'ish :)

I know Tegan and I sound exactly the same... we say words the same and everything and a little different from everyone else so it's probably a heritiary accent that's been "rubbed" down the generations.

hehe, and Aussie's accents aren't kewl!!! they're funny maybe... but kewl... well, no... will say this, it's at least a lot better than a New Zealand or a south africian accent!!!

I guess that would happen... I love our accent... it's pretty sweet... I also like English ones.. but French and Scottish are better! :mf_lustslow:

That's so cool you had this convo with Bruce...

Geordie accent is cool. My ex-girlfriend is from Sunderland... well in between Sunderland and Newcastle so her accent was bordering on Scouse for some reason :naughty:

Ooooh... I think HK said Freddie sounds a wee bit Scottish... dunno how she got that... :blink:

Not that I even know what Geordie sounds like... or what it is... I'll take your word for it...

*Tries to think of a famous Geordie that you might know*

erm...

Ant n Dec :blink:

Paul Gascoigne -Footballer so you might now know.

Jimmy Nail - Actor was in Evita.

erm.. loads but you probably won'tknow them.. Just use the words below to for a sentence and that's what someone from Newcastle or Sunderland sound like. :D

Nicked from a Wiki-search...

Vocabulary

Look up category:Geordie in

Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Geordie also has a large amount of vocabulary not heard elsewhere in England, though some are shared with (or similar to) Scots. Words still in common use today include:

alreet (/'a:lri:t/ a variation on alright

cannit 'can not'

canny for "pleasant" (the Scottish use of canny is often somewhat less flattering), or to mean 'quite'. Someone could therefore be 'canny canny'.

geet for "very", also *muckle (used more in Northumberland)

hyem for "home"

deeky for "look at"

kets for "sweets/treats"

knaa for "to know/know"

divint for "don't"/

bairn/grandbairn for "child/grandchild"

hacky for "dirty"

gan for "to go/go"

hoy for "to throw"[23]

toon for "Town"

nettie|bog for "toilet"

naa for "no"

ayee|yerr for "yes"

neb for "nose" (nebby=nosey)

banter for "chat/gossip"

clart for "mud" as in "there's clarts on yar boots"

hadaway for "get away"

hinny a term of endearment - "Honey"[24]

haad for "hold/ ie keep a hadd/ keep a hold/ had yer gob/ keep quiet/ that polite little notice in the parks aboot keepin' yor dog on a lead ye cud hev Keep A-Hadden Yor Dog[25]

divvie for "stupid person"

tab for "cigarette"

chor "to steal"

chiv for "knife"

wor for "our", used mainly in the context of wor kid, meaning 'friend', ones sibling or literally 'our kid'. Used primarily to denote a family member.

nowt for "nothing"[26]

is for "me"

wuh for "us"