Andrew Johnston

CazGirl

MODS: If you could close my thread titled "Britain's Got Talent" in the Chat About Mika section, that would be grand. :thumb_yello:

this has a small relevance to Mika, so please continue reading.

This young blonde, slightly chubby boy of 13 appeared on Britain's Got Talent, and the winner gets to perform at the Royal Variety Performance.

He said he sang, and he also said he gets bullied a lot.

He started singing at the age of 6 and has been bullied ever since.

Simon said "so how do you get through the bullying?"

and the boy said "just keep singing, i guess"

and the crowd cheered and I felt chocked for him already, although I hadn't heard him sing yet. I thought he was going to sing some boy band number...

but no.

Opera.

The voice that came from his lips was absolutely stunningly beautiful. Those high notes! A proud mum watching, bursting with pride in the wings.

It reminded me so much of Mika. The young boy who sang Soprano, the little boy who was once chubby and bullied for all the small things. I wanted to hug that little boy and tell him how amazing he was and tell him to keep on singing, cos he is so much better than all those t**ts at school.

Just brilliant and I felt so teary. The moment he stopped I turned on the computer to tell you all.

Sometimes I find it a little difficult to see Mika as he is now and imagine him to be that little boy, but seeing that boy on this show really helped me envisage it.

Mika's been through so much and I know this boy has too, and will probably go through more until he wants to get where he wants to be.

Simon: what's your dream?

boy: to sing on stage

And so you will, sweetheart. Just keep singing.

Newspaper article in THE SUN:

I WANT TO WIN TO GET OFF MY ESTATE. KIDS MY AGE ARE DRINKING AND FIGHTING.

Angelic Britain's Got Talent star Andrew Johnston has revealed he is desperate to win the show - to avoid a life of booze and drugs.Andrew, 13, wowed viewers when he sang hymn Pie Jesu on the ITV1 talent show on Saturday Night (12th April 08).

He got a standing ovation and moved the audience and judge Amanda Holden to tears.

But he lives on a shabby estate - where he is persecuted by bullies who brand him "gay" for singing. (sound familiar, anyone?)

Andrew said he would like the use the £10, 000 prize money to buy a house for mum Morag, 48.

He said: "I want to move away from the estate, I hate it. Loads of kids my age are drinking. I don't want to grow up and drink and do drugs. There are a lot of idiots and there's always fighting outside."

Holden, 37, had told Andrew after his performance: "You could knock all those bullies out with that voice."

But he told The Sun: "I don't like talking about bullies - it upsets me. I just want to sing. I want a fresh start away from the bullies. I saw Paul Potts win last year and would love a number one record. That'll show them." (Paul Potts was another Opera singer who sang "Nessa Dorma")

Andrew started singing at just six - and even taught himself Pie Jesu in his bedroom.

He said his mum pushes him to improve, adding: "She's very strict. She's always on at me to practice, to keep going."

But he said she wept with pride while watching the show on TV at home on Saturday - while Andrew hid under a jumper as he hates listening to himself.

The talented teenager, of Carlisle, Cumbria, was so nervous at the audition that hosts Ant and Dec had to push him on stage.

But he said "As soon as I started singing the nerves went away. Simon Cowell told me I have to drop my nerves, but I'm not sure how to do that."

Producers are keeping it a secret how far Andrew has got in the talent contense - but insiders say he has done well.

And he already has admirers. Andrew - head Chorister at Carlisle Cathedral - said: "Someone came up in the street yesterday and said I was great. I couldn't believe it."

Morag brought up Andrew alone from the age of eight months. She has told how they struggled to live on Milk and Bread at times - and said: "If you asked to describe a living hell, that would be it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LExJ6oN4hUo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching this, his performance stuck out the most. I even watched him again on the repeat. It really was like watching Mika at a young age. And he was amazing! I was not expecting him to sing opera and such with a great voice! He got everyone in tears, it was beautiful :wub2: I'm so glad he doesn't want to be like those losers he sees out there, if only there were more people like him that thought like that, this world would be such a better place. I hope he keeps the same attitude to life and he will get very far!

Awww. I hope he wins.

He's so talented. It sounds like he's had a bit of a rough life, bless him. He deserves it most.... more than some stupid dancing dog.... (although it did make me laugh, a bit.)

i agree lol. the dog probably doesn't even know what he's doing it for :roftl: :roftl:

he was on "good morning" or "GMTV" this morning but i missed it (i was still in bed haha) and ive surfed youtube but no avail...

i agree lol. the dog probably doesn't even know what he's doing it for :roftl: :roftl:

he was on "good morning" or "GMTV" this morning but i missed it (i was still in bed haha) and ive surfed youtube but no avail...

I missed it too! My mum watched it though, but i didnt get any details.

I cant find it anywhere either, might be on tomorrow??

Lol, ok, the dog was funny, but people are making such a fuss about it. It'll be boring the next time you see it, because youve already seen it once.

They had it on ITVs This Morning too.... :sneaky2: Maybe Andrew will be on sometime this week???

He reminded me of Mika. Really. The bullying, singing from early age, opera, people calling him gay...

It was so beautiful! I hope he gets a really good career and comes very far:thumb_yello:

It's not good when you're listening to Happy Ending and reading a sad story. Lol. I don't know what I have the last days, but I'm getting emotional really fast.:blush-anim-cl:

Oh my god, it's such a beautiful and pure little boy. I really hope he will get far, because I believe he can achieve anything he wants with that voice.

I was bullied as a kid and I know how awful it is, so I just want to say.. keep going. I achieved things I never ever imagined I could do and my bulliers are even jaleous of me right now. That's what he must do.. make them jaleous and show them how much he's worth it. :wub2: