You see, they are coming to Amsterdam in November.. and I might go, but I just need how the crowd might act.. If everyone's all pushy and wild and stuff, I'm not so sure of going.. :blush-anim-cl:

Yup. I heard about it on 3FM but they didn't mention a date. Just found out it's the 25st of November:

THE KOOKS & SUPPORT ACT

Heineken Music Hall

Arena Boulevard 590, Amsterdam, Nederland, 1101 DS

Di, 25/11/08 20.00 uur

No worries Zahara. I went to their gig in de Melkweg earlier this year and I survived. Easily. Just make sure you won't stand front row (or second or third) in the middle, just find a nice spot on the sides and then you're safe.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like that text:

"The first and only New Zealand show by the Kooks!! The Kooks are that rarest of pop entities: a scuzzy, fresh-faced group to fully restore your faith in the holy grail of English singer-songwriting stretching from Supergrass via (early) Blur to The Kinks and beyond.

Their songs are crammed full of incidents on buses, bedroom mishaps -more of which laterand stinging teenage putdowns which will strike a chord with anyone who’s ever found themselves fumbling for clues on the sofa, but they’re also blessed with a cheerful irreverence most record companies would prefer was preserved in amber rather than rampaging across world venues." :cheerful_h4h:

TheKooks.jpg

I was supposed to go to see them at Sziget festival on the 13th of August but i didn't go :thumbdown:

Petra do you have the Kids cover ?:blush-anim-cl:

Nope. No idea where to get that from so far. :crybaby:

But we are working on it :naughty:.

my friend is so wierd. we sometimes send each other links to other artist's and things. and i sent her the kooks. she was like "eww. u actually like them? no one likes them! you have the strangest taste in music" and i was like "i like them, and i dont have strange taste in music, and i get to see them in concert in october!!!" she goes "OOO!!! TAKE ME TAKE ME!!!"

my friend is so wierd. we sometimes send each other links to other artist's and things. and i sent her the kooks. she was like "eww. u actually like them? no one likes them! you have the strangest taste in music" and i was like "i like them, and i dont have strange taste in music, and i get to see them in concert in october!!!" she goes "OOO!!! TAKE ME TAKE ME!!!"

Haha, yes, that's the weird way people are :sneaky2:. First telling you how **** your favourite artists are and then they want to come with you to the gig :lmfao:.

You guys will have a gorgeous time!!!! :woot_jump:

Let us know if they are still having that cute guy in the suit as drummer! :naughty:

4 days till the kooks gig in sydney!

omgomgomgomg i can't wait!

*is fricking jealous but to proud to show it*

:crybaby:

Holy fcuk, I wantiwantiwant to gooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

:woot_jump:

Are you going to the myspace secret show too? Please go to the myspace secret show too. And think about those who can't while you're there :crybaby: :crybaby:

YES!! GO! GO!!!!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

http://www.myspace.com/secretshowsau

"It's hard to know where to start after such a standout, energetic and fun (!!!) Secret Show. The most die-hard of fans started queuing from 5am (a new MySpace record we predict!) armed with deck-chairs, guitars and the odd game of Uno to help the time pass.

With so many adoring MySpace fans, expectations for The Kooks Secret Show were understandably high. The charismatic UK rockers went above and beyond, delivering an unforgettable performance to the intimate crowd of 500, who were treated to the exclusive event at Sydney’s live music institution – The Metro Theatre.

Mixing old and new favourites from both Inside In/Inside Out and Konk, the band were relaxed and playful with the audience, charming them with perfect pop melodies, fun onstage antics and, of course, great fashion sense (did we mention a certain Luke Pritchard rocking a killer scarf we'd all like to get our hands on?). :naughty:

New singles 'Do You Wanna?' and 'Sway' proved just as popular as the chart topping hits 'Naive' and 'She Moves In Her Own Way', with fans all clambering on top of one another to get as close to the stage as was humanly possible and screaming so loud you'd be forgiven for thinking The Beatles were on stage.

Proving why they are a cut above most other English band’s with which they are so often classed, the Kooks Secret Show was one of the best to date and it's safe to say we made a lot of MySpace users very very happy indeed. :punk:

MySpace would like to thank The Kooks (of course), the amazing Shaan and Kirsty at EMI for making it all possible, Rose at The Metro, Renee Rudolf, Louis Westgarth for his killer photography, Mathematics for their fabulous design work and patience, Audience Productions for the brilliant video content... and of course the fans that came, waited in line and made the show the memorable night that it was.

Remember to stay tuned to MySpace Secret Shows for details of the next show. It will feature one of the bands is listed below in our top friends list – so leave a comment, get your voice heard and let us know who you’d like to see for FREE!"

She could :sneaky2: - stupid Petra!!! :naughty:

Sorry, I've also still got roughly 100 V pictures :blink: - I just need a bit more free time at work :naughty:.

Petraaaaaa!! :bleh:

Aaahaaa...!

:crybaby:

http://www.myspace.com/secretshowsau

"It's hard to know where to start after such a standout, energetic and fun (!!!) Secret Show. The most die-hard of fans started queuing from 5am (a new MySpace record we predict!) armed with deck-chairs, guitars and the odd game of Uno to help the time pass.

With so many adoring MySpace fans, expectations for The Kooks Secret Show were understandably high. The charismatic UK rockers went above and beyond, delivering an unforgettable performance to the intimate crowd of 500, who were treated to the exclusive event at Sydney’s live music institution – The Metro Theatre.

Mixing old and new favourites from both Inside In/Inside Out and Konk, the band were relaxed and playful with the audience, charming them with perfect pop melodies, fun onstage antics and, of course, great fashion sense (did we mention a certain Luke Pritchard rocking a killer scarf we'd all like to get our hands on?).

New singles 'Do You Wanna?' and 'Sway' proved just as popular as the chart topping hits 'Naive' and 'She Moves In Her Own Way', with fans all clambering on top of one another to get as close to the stage as was humanly possible and screaming so loud you'd be forgiven for thinking The Beatles were on stage.

Proving why they are a cut above most other English band’s with which they are so often classed, the Kooks Secret Show was one of the best to date and it's safe to say we made a lot of MySpace users very very happy indeed.

MySpace would like to thank The Kooks (of course), the amazing Shaan and Kirsty at EMI for making it all possible, Rose at The Metro, Renee Rudolf, Louis Westgarth for his killer photography, Mathematics for their fabulous design work and patience, Audience Productions for the brilliant video content... and of course the fans that came, waited in line and made the show the memorable night that it was.

Remember to stay tuned to MySpace Secret Shows for details of the next show. It will feature one of the bands is listed below in our top friends list – so leave a comment, get your voice heard and let us know who you’d like to see for FREE!"

:punk:

Do You Wanna online exclusive from Rove Live: http://www.rovedaily.com.au/video.htm (go "Just Added" > "Kooks - Do You Wanna(obviously)")

I have a radio interview + acoustic Mr Maker + MGMT Kids cover, did you want it Cintia/anyone else?

I guess .. hmm, Petra, could you upload it tomorrow? I should have uploaded it instead of msning it to everyone :doh: