Anniversary of Thriller

phunkygal

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thriller was so massive when it came out on the 80s..it was an institution, everybody bought it (except me :naughty: ), every family in the land seemed to own a copy, and the best bit was the premiere of the epic Thriller video on TV..I remember watching it and thinking WOW!! And being really scared at the end (even though I was 14). Everyone at school the next day was discussing it. It was a major event. Like the moon landings or something lol.

Well it WAS 25 years ago, we got excited about things like that in the Old Days :wink2:

It's impossible to overstate what a massive star Michael J was at that moment in time.

Thriller was so massive when it came out on the 80s..it was an institution, everybody bought it (except me :naughty: ), every family in the land seemed to own a copy, and the best bit was the premiere of the epic Thriller video on TV..I remember watching it and thinking WOW!! And being really scared at the end (even though I was 14). Everyone at school the next day was discussing it. It was a major event. Like the moon landings or something lol.

That's funny that the same thing was going on in England and Canada. I remember hearing that the Thriller video cost...*cue Dr. Evil music*...

ONE MILLION DOLLARS. :naughty:

I would have never called myself a big Michael Jackson fan but I've still got a few tracks from Off The Wall and Thriller on my iTunes playlist and iPods and listen to his songs just about every day.

He really was an extraordinary talent. Shame that he turned into such a caricature of himself.

I'm rather relieved to see Mika wearing plain clothes and whatnot in his everyday life and not going down some bizarre diva path where he is weirder in real life than the public image he projects.