The "Food" Thread

I've been cooking in the last couple of days, cos the weather's gotten colder and that always makes me want to bake... Yesterday was lemon drop cookies, today was cinnamon sugar cookies. Yummy! And the day before that I made up a big pot of bacon and lentil soup - which the family loves and I don't, so it was left-over homemade pizza for me! Trying to stay out of the kitchen atm cos the cookies are calling to me....

Oh my goodness, I love cookies. And yours sound so delicious.

Speaking of cookies, look at what my present was from my best friend...a GIANT Mika cookie!!! It was seriously bigger than a dinner plate.

100_1265-1.jpg

That bacon and lentil soup sounds nice, I'd like to try it sometime:wink2:

My mom is making chicken tiki masala or something like that for dinner tonight...

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When eating a muffin (which I am now funny enough) am I the only one who like the muffin top only?!? I don't really like the stump. I mean it is delicious but not my favourite part:naughty:

:roftl: My friend Sue is exactly the same way! She'll buy a muffin at work, eat the top, and ask if I want the rest. I like the whole muffin, so I happily eat what's left. :bleh:

You know, you can actually buy muffin pans that only make the top! I think we have some stashed away somewhere. They're called mufflettes or something like that.

And right now, I am really in the mood for a scone. A ginger scone to be precise. I love them so much. Especially paired with a hot chai latte. :wub2:

:roftl: My friend Sue is exactly the same way! She'll buy a muffin at work, eat the top, and ask if I want the rest. I like the whole muffin, so I happily eat what's left. :bleh:

You know, you can actually buy muffin pans that only make the top! I think we have some stashed away somewhere. They're called mufflettes or something like that.

And right now, I am really in the mood for a scone. A ginger scone to be precise. I love them so much. Especially paired with a hot chai latte. :wub2:

mmm, i LOVE chai tea!

i have a variety of flavors; vanilla, caramel, chocolate & honey..:thumb_yello:

I've heard of those muffin pans. I want one but can't seem to find one...keep looking I tell myself hahaha

Mmmm...scones are delicious. And I've never had hot chai latte but it sounds nice.

mmm, i LOVE chai tea!

i have a variety of flavors; vanilla, caramel, chocolate & honey..:thumb_yello:

OMG, I had no idea there were so many flavors of chai! I sometimes put honey in mine, so I can imagine that but caramel and chocolate chai? Whoa. :punk:

I've heard of those muffin pans. I want one but can't seem to find one...keep looking I tell myself hahaha

Mmmm...scones are delicious. And I've never had hot chai latte but it sounds nice.

Oooh, you should try a chai sometime! They are sooo good. Starbucks makes a really good chai. :wink2:

Then I'm going to Starbucks this week.

I highly recommend it. :naughty: It's hard to find really good chai, but out of all the coffee shops near me, Starbucks has the best chai. I work in a bookstore with an attached cafe, and there's also Biggby's coffee in my area (do you know that one?) and their chai tea isn't as good. It's...too sweet, and heavy and kind of gross. The Starbucks chai is lighter and you can really taste the tea.

My friend Jayson tells me I shouldn't go to Starbucks because he doesn't like their business practices, but when I want a chai...I'm going to go. Plus I have a friend who works at Starbucks, so it's a good excuse to run over there during work and say hi to him! :wink2:

I highly recommend it. :naughty: It's hard to find really good chai, but out of all the coffee shops near me, Starbucks has the best chai. I work in a bookstore with an attached cafe, and there's also Biggby's coffee in my area (do you know that one?) and their chai tea isn't as good. It's...too sweet, and heavy and kind of gross. The Starbucks chai is lighter and you can really taste the tea.

My friend Jayson tells me I shouldn't go to Starbucks because he doesn't like their business practices, but when I want a chai...I'm going to go. Plus I have a friend who works at Starbucks, so it's a good excuse to run over there during work and say hi to him! :wink2:

Mmmmm...sounds nice:wink2:

Heck yes...talking to friends is always nice for sure.

That is true :naughty:

Some of my friends are stealing my idea... so I might make a giant cookie. Then we can eat it like a cake! :naughty:

Now that would be freakin cool!!!

Like the one my friend made for me for my birthday (I was larger than a dinner plate!!!)

100_1265-1.jpg

Hehe I saw that earlier! :naughty:

Yay for Mika Cookies!

Sorry, I just loved that cookie so much that I didn't even take into consideration that you already saw the cookie.

You should let us (or me at least hehe) how your cookie baking went.

Ohh we have to make cookies in class on tuesday :naughty:

And mysteriously mine will have Mika written on it in chocolate chips :naughty:

That would be so cool! I baked a cake like last week. I didn't even think about writing Mika on it. But now it be on there... lol! I love some Mika!!!:mf_lustslow:

That would be so cool! I baked a cake like last week. I didn't even think about writing Mika on it. But now it be on there... lol! I love some Mika!!!:mf_lustslow:

My sister and I JUST finished baking a cake for fathers day tomorrow. I was soooo tempted to write Mika all over it. :naughty:

My sister and I JUST finished baking a cake for fathers day tomorrow. I was soooo tempted to write Mika all over it. :naughty:

Awww, how sweet. I didn't make my dad a cake. Geez it's nearly 11pm and I haven't even wrapped his gifts...

I wonder what he would have said if there was MIKA written on the top:roftl:

Awww, how sweet. I didn't make my dad a cake. Geez it's nearly 11pm and I haven't even wrapped his gifts...

I wonder what he would have said if there was MIKA written on the top:roftl:

yeah, that would have been hilarious.

I didn't get him a gift this year, only a gift card cause i never know what to get him. I know he goes to canadian tire all the time so i figured a card for there would be the most useful gift.

yeah, that would have been hilarious.

I didn't get him a gift this year, only a gift card cause i never know what to get him. I know he goes to canadian tire all the time so i figured a card for there would be the most useful gift.

Yeah for sure.

Your dad too? My dad loves that store as well. Along with Home Depot and Rona. I've been with him but it gets boring really easily...wood and tape aren't really that interesting to me for more than 10 minutes haha

Yeah for sure.

Your dad too? My dad loves that store as well. Along with Home Depot and Rona. I've been with him but it gets boring really easily...wood and tape aren't really that interesting to me for more than 10 minutes haha

Rona, i don't think we have that here.

Yep, wood and tape are pretty boring. :naughty:

Rona, i don't think we have that here.

Yep, wood and tape are pretty boring. :naughty:

Rona's Canadian so you might, maybe just not near you I guess.

Wood and tape boring. Standing in front of the pretty paint colours. Fun:roftl: