The "Food" Thread

Hey I was just thinking , we should like describe a dish from our Country or something :thumb_yello:

That would be cool.

Now (me living in Canada), for Canada, do I describe Canadian food as in what the Native Canadians eat or like poutine or whatever:roftl:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be cool.

Now (me living in Canada), for Canada, do I describe Canadian food as in what the Native Canadians eat or like poutine or whatever:roftl:

I think like the popular dish or food , hmm lets said USA would be like a cheesburger :naughty:

Hey I was just thinking , we should like describe a dish from our Country or something :thumb_yello:

Ooh nice idea!

USA.. has gross food. It's FAT and GREASY...

So I would describe it with hot dog :puke:

I'm from Chile, so I would describe Chile as being an empanada or... a Chili :naughty: Because it's the hottest spot in the universe.

(I got that off of a T-Shirt :naughty:)

I think like the popular dish or food , hmm lets said USA would be like a cheesburger :naughty:

Aaah, okay then.

I'll choose poutine.

Poutine: it's basically fries with gravy and cheese on top. Bad for you but SO good to the tastebuds.

poutine.jpg

Oooh, a dictionary definition, how about that? :roftl:

Your turn.

Ooh nice idea!

I'm from Chile, so I would describe Chile as being an empanada or... a Chili :naughty: Because it's the hottest spot in the universe.

I might have did it wrong, but Oh well :naughty:

Ooh nice idea!

Oh , what kind of empanada ? salty or sweet and since Im from Mexico I would said a Mexican Taco , not an "american taco" Taco bell is not even close to what a Real Mexican Taco taste like , ohh and a lot of Salsaaa

Aaah, okay then.

I'll choose poutine.

Poutine: it's basically fries with gravy and cheese on top. Bad for you but SO good to the tastebuds.

poutine.jpg

Oooh, a dictionary definition, how about that? :roftl:

Your turn.

Ohhhh , we have those in a little rustic fashion restaurant here and they are called putines and are fries with cheese and with meat and salsa

Dude you aren't lazy...it's called multitasking:naughty:

lol yeahhh !! im a multitasker ,I ordered chineese while listening to music, chatting and posting on the MFC !, and my teachers said I got no skills pheww !

lol yeahhh !! im a multitasker ,I ordered chineese while listening to music, chatting and posting on the MFC !, and my teachers said I got no skills pheww !

Psssht...your teachers just need to learn how to multitask properly...from you:naughty::roftl:

Right now I'm drinking an Orangina which is this

orangina01.jpg

and eating a Mixed Berry Nutri Grain bar. Oh and a oatmeal cream pie (which is basically 2 oatmeal cookies with marshmallow fluff stuff in the middle). I'm such a pig...

Exaaaactly !

If only they knew what they were missing out on:naughty:

I knew I always liked you.

And I you.

I was watching a show where they were making Puppy Chow (they called it Monkey Munch) and no joke, I went right to the store and bought the stuff to make it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! So I have a question for you all. Here it goes...

Does anyone know a good, tasty and easy recipe recipe for roti?

First of all, this is a site that always helps me when I'm doing indian:

http://www.indianfoodsco.com/Recipes/breads.htm

Second of all, I need help! I have googled, I have asked Jeeves, I have yahooed, and I still can't find a definite answer.

What kind of fruit did I buy??! Here are a few pictures, with LiCM album so you can get an idea of the size:

002-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

The stickers on them tell me nothing except that they're organic and they're from Ecuador. They're hard, difficult to peel, and taste faintly of cucumber, leading me to believe that they might be some kind of plantain, but I've never seen plantains so small.

Any ideas??!

First of all, this is a site that always helps me when I'm doing indian:

http://www.indianfoodsco.com/Recipes/breads.htm

Second of all, I need help! I have googled, I have asked Jeeves, I have yahooed, and I still can't find a definite answer.

What kind of fruit did I buy??! Here are a few pictures, with LiCM album so you can get an idea of the size:

The stickers on them tell me nothing except that they're organic and they're from Ecuador. They're hard, difficult to peel, and taste faintly of cucumber, leading me to believe that they might be some kind of plantain, but I've never seen plantains so small.

Any ideas??!

Cool, thanks---I'll check it out:thumb_yello:

As for the fruit, I was going to say a banana or plantain of sorts, but I don't even know. Maybe they're some sort of mini plantains (kind of like those baby banana things), if there are such a thing. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Cool, thanks---I'll check it out:thumb_yello:

As for the fruit, I was going to say a banana or plantain of sorts, but I don't even know. Maybe they're some sort of mini plantains (kind of like those baby banana things), if there are such a thing. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...I'm going to treat them like plantains, let them ripen up and then fry them or something.

And my dad said that new exotic foods market down the street would be too much for me to handle. Pfft.:naughty:

Not when I've got my MFCers with me.:wub2:

well in here we call them banana too:blink:

just a smaller sub species of banana,

but you should wait untill they are all yellow.

I know I should, but I always have to try one right after I buy it. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm around foreign fruit.:blush-anim-cl:

Do you have plantains in your area?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...I'm going to treat them like plantains, let them ripen up and then fry them or something.

And my dad said that new exotic foods market down the street would be too much for me to handle. Pfft.:naughty:

Not when I've got my MFCers with me.:wub2:

Mmm sounds yummy:naughty:

:lol3: Maybe you should visit it anyways haha