weird utube email...help?

sparkly1

I recieved this today does anyone have any idea if its for real, it kinda sounds like dodgy to me so I havent agreed to it yet, what do you guys think? I mean it's not the only video I have on utube that has sound tracks on it.

Dear YouTube Member:

UMG has claimed some or all audio content in your video vix Lollipop Girl by MIKA take 2 (take 1 on Vix's utube). This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Your video is still live because UMG has authorized the use of this content on YouTube. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:Copyright owner: UMG

Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content

Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:

Everywhere

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG and view other options in the Video ID Matches section of your YouTube account. Please note that YouTube does not mediate copyright disputes between YouTube owners. Learn more about video identification disputes.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Content Identification Team

Copyright © 2008 YouTube, Inc.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved this today does anyone have any idea if its for real, it kinda sounds like dodgy to me so I havent agreed to it yet, what do you guys think? I mean it's not the only video I have on utube that has sound tracks on it.

Dear YouTube Member:

UMG has claimed some or all audio content in your video vix Lollipop Girl by MIKA take 2 (take 1 on Vix's utube). This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Your video is still live because UMG has authorized the use of this content on YouTube. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:Copyright owner: UMG

Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content

Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:

Everywhere

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG and view other options in the Video ID Matches section of your YouTube account. Please note that YouTube does not mediate copyright disputes between YouTube owners. Learn more about video identification disputes.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Content Identification Team

Copyright © 2008 YouTube, Inc.

Is this video footage from one of the shows or from tv?

Babs might be able to give you better info as she's had run ins with You Tube before.

It sounds to me like you may have used the audio track of a Mika song? So Universal are claiming their "ownership" and copyright of it?

Which to me makes sense, at the end of the day they own the music, no? I think that Greta is right about it, you should probably put something there along the lines of content owned by them or so...

Btw, I don't think that youtube or universal are wrong to try and control this, at the end of the day it's their material, or Mika's...:wink2: That's just the way it is, no?

Is this video footage from one of the shows or from tv?

Babs might be able to give you better info as she's had run ins with You Tube before.

no its vix dancing about like a loon in our hallway to Lollipop, but we have more daft ones like this and some with gigs etc on so I don't understand why it's only the 1 they picked on unless it was put on Mika's Bebo page for the competition ages ago.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhlVKdTN-Q

It sounds to me like you may have used the audio track of a Mika song? So Universal are claiming their "ownership" and copyright of it?

Which to me makes sense, at the end of the day they own the music, no? I think that Greta is right about it, you should probably put something there along the lines of content owned by them or so...

Btw, I don't think that youtube or universal are wrong to try and control this, at the end of the day it's their material, or Mika's...:wink2: That's just the way it is, no?

Yeah that's fine I have no problems with that but if it was just an imposter or spammer trying to use my vids for thier own advertizing I would not be best pleased, so I just wanted to know if it was real or a spammer or something like that.

So is UMG Universal Music Group or something I get confused about who's who.

rightyo I have put (audio UMG©) on the titles of any vids that I have posted that have Mika music on them even the live gig ones, will that do the trick do you think?

I was wondering if it's only the videos that don't show it's Mika who is singing because they didn't mention any of my other ivds where it was live gigs.

Do you have to put the copyright sign in the title? Or only in the paragraph about the video? Cuz I would have thought in the title would attract other trouble....I don't want to see any more MFC accounts closed!!

It is interesting what Greta posted, I didn't know that before. They will have a BIG job getting all their copyrights written up, imagine how many Universal Artists are out there being used on youtube!!

Do you have to put the copyright sign in the title? Or only in the paragraph about the video? Cuz I would have thought in the title would attract other trouble....I don't want to see any more MFC accounts closed!!

It is interesting what Greta posted, I didn't know that before. They will have a BIG job getting all their copyrights written up, imagine how many Universal Artists are out there being used on youtube!!

I know that is why I wondered why they picked on vix's video, it was even sent to Mikas myspace for his competition last year and for the Bebo one too and they didn't say anything about it then...oh well it's no big deal if they want a copyright on it then I have done that but if its not a good idea to put it on the title then maybe I should put it in the paragraph...oh dear how confusing.

I know that is why I wondered why they picked on vix's video, it was even sent to Mikas myspace for his competition last year and for the Bebo one too and they didn't say anything about it then...oh well it's no big deal if they want a copyright on it then I have done that but if its not a good idea to put it on the title then maybe I should put it in the paragraph...oh dear how confusing.

I honestly don't know if there is any adv or disadv in having it in the title. But my big thing was always to draw as little attention to vids as possible so that the big corporate thingies don't swoop down and demand deletion!! (like putting MTV video music awards in the title is just begging MTV to come and get you!) So I wonder how they have found the soundtrack. Scary really!!