That's a good idea: You could be a journalist in some cool music magazine and since you love music, love going to concerts and can always keep calm even when you meet your fav. musicians you'll be the perfect interviewer! :thumb_yello: Most of the interviewers are like :mf_lustslow: and ask stupid questions or don't have any idea of the bands and also ask stupid questions. :aah:

That pretty much describes my dream job right there. I've been looking at internships/careers etc. through school so hopefully I can find something out there like that!:biggrin2:

More on the afterparty thing:

http://www.brixtonjamm.org/events/2010-10-01

My heart is literally breaking in half that I cannot go to this. :crybaby:

It sounds like the most amazing time EVER.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That pretty much describes my dream job right there. I've been looking at internships/careers etc. through school so hopefully I can find something out there like that!:biggrin2:

More on the afterparty thing:

http://www.brixtonjamm.org/events/2010-10-01

My heart is literally breaking in half that I cannot go to this. :crybaby:

It sounds like the most amazing time EVER.

AND you should work for a magazine in London! :naughty:

Yes, it sounds pretty amazing... I wish I could be there...:aah:

Just found out a copule of days ago that they are coming to Slovenia...to my hometown, to be more exact. I don't really know their music, but I'm thinking of going anyways.

Oohhh, you MUST go! :thumb_yello:

They aren't Mika, no natural performers & don't jump around the stage and make a show. They are more concentrated on playing their instruments and you can just relax and listen to their brilliant music. It's another kind of music experience. But if you can, then go! And pls write a report? :biggrin2:

Oohhh, you MUST go! :thumb_yello:

They aren't Mika, no natural performers & don't jump around the stage and make a show. They are more concentrated on playing their instruments and you can just relax and listen to their brilliant music. It's another kind of music experience. But if you can, then go! And pls write a report? :biggrin2:

Well if I'll have time then I'll most definitely go, and of course I'll write a report.:wink2: They are coming in November and it's an oudoor concert so it should be an interesting experience.:naughty:

You're making me blush:blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad you liked reading it. SB and the Handshake....ahh, their best live songs, it's hard to put that into words, I feel like I didn't even do it justice.

Same here. I love talking to people who love them for their music too. Some of the girls on tumblr are CRAZY. They're swooning and fainting over them. YES, they are all super attractive, but there's more than that. I'm the same way. I wasn't into this type of music really when OS came out. I mean I loved Time to Pretend since around 2008, but I didn't buy full albums until earlier this year.

Aww thank you. Well actually, I really want to be a writer, like a music journalist maybe. I'm in some Communications and English classes, so hopefully I can do something like going to concerts and writing about them for a living!:biggrin2:

I only bought OS earlier this year too :naughty:

And I really want to have a physical copy of Metanoia now... but the price on ebay scares me :shocked:

Your aspiration sounds great. Good luck and I have faith in you!!! :biggrin2:

That's a good idea: You could be a journalist in some cool music magazine and since you love music, love going to concerts and can always keep calm even when you meet your fav. musicians you'll be the perfect interviewer! :thumb_yello:Most of the interviewers are like :mf_lustslow: and ask stupid questions or don't have any idea of the bands and also ask stupid questions. :aah:

In one of those earliest interview of MGMT, the interviewer doesn't even remember their names! :boxed: I mean, this is unacceptable isn't it?

And it's really important for an interviewer to get the musicians. Perhaps it's beyond the music itself but in my opinion the personalities of musicians go together with the stuffs they write. Very often, some interviews just overlook this part and copy down everything the interviewee(s) say(s) pointlessly...

Well if I'll have time then I'll most definitely go, and of course I'll write a report.:wink2: They are coming in November and it's an oudoor concert so it should be an interesting experience.:naughty:

yeahyeahyeah!!! GOGOGO :boing:

In one of those earliest interview of MGMT, the interviewer doesn't even remember their names! :boxed: I mean, this is unacceptable isn't it?

And it's really important for an interviewer to get the musicians. Perhaps it's beyond the music itself but in my opinion the personalities of musicians go together with the stuffs they write. Very often, some interviews just overlook this part and copy down everything the interviewee(s) say(s) pointlessly...

:shocked:

Yeah, that's the problem with them journalists. I don't understand how they get jobs like that if they don't care for it! :doh:

Indie Rokkersssssss Weeeeee :roftl:

Wait a minute they played Destrokk not Indie rokkers .

Yes, the link is for another festival. :wink2:

I just heard on Twitter that they played Indie R. and 4th dim Trans. at the gig in Dublin yesterday, must have been great!

Hope they'll play those at all next gigs. :biggrin2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1sLOYWeik :wub2:

AND apparently they played Indie Rokkers & 4th dim. at the gig yesterday! :boing:

I'll die if they would play those in December....

OMG it's Fuji Rock!! I wanna cry it's in Japan but I didn't manage to go :crybaby:

Do they run the same set list throughout a certain tour like MIKA? The songs that I'm dying to have would be Siberian Breaks & Of Moons, Birds & Monsters :wub2:

OMG it's Fuji Rock!! I wanna cry it's in Japan but I didn't manage to go :crybaby:

Do they run the same set list throughout a certain tour like MIKA? The songs that I'm dying to have would be Siberian Breaks & Of Moons, Birds & Monsters :wub2:

Well when I saw them the two nights, they switched up the setlists. They did the same songs in a different order and left two out the second night...so it's really random.:blink:

I'm pretty sure they'd keep those two songs in though...they're pretty well loved, right?

OMGGGG!!! One week to go! This time next week, the gig will be over and with a little bit of luck I might even have managed to meet the band. :wub2: I'm not getting my hopes up for that really, I'm just really excited about the gig itself.

I haven't watched any footage from Dublin yet, but I might not be able to resist watching a bit from the UK venues this week to get me in the mood :dance_man:

I can promise a full report, but perhaps not many good pictures, as my camera is OLD and rubbish. If Karen (ewokwicket) gets any good ones I'm sure she'll post them here though.

So excited!

Well when I saw them the two nights, they switched up the setlists. They did the same songs in a different order and left two out the second night...so it's really random.:blink:

I'm pretty sure they'd keep those two songs in though...they're pretty well loved, right?

i love randomness, it's where surprises come from :thumb_yello:

OMGGGG!!! One week to go! This time next week, the gig will be over and with a little bit of luck I might even have managed to meet the band. :wub2: I'm not getting my hopes up for that really, I'm just really excited about the gig itself.

I haven't watched any footage from Dublin yet, but I might not be able to resist watching a bit from the UK venues this week to get me in the mood :dance_man:

I can promise a full report, but perhaps not many good pictures, as my camera is OLD and rubbish. If Karen (ewokwicket) gets any good ones I'm sure she'll post them here though.

So excited!

:yay::boing:

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!

hope you can meet the band & most importantly, enjoy the music!! :huglove:

oh, and you are going with a MFCer??? :biggrin2:

I haven't watched this yet, but have you seen Jonsi's (the singer from Sigur Ros) cover of Time to Pretend?

Only he could turn it into a beauitful sounding ballad. I love this cover (and his accent...:wub2:)

OMG this one's so good!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

the Sunday Girl's one is a bit too sluggish for me:naughty:

This reminds me that I've never actually heard MGMT doing any songs acoustic... and at the moment I can't find any on youtube either. Have they done any acoustic versions of their songs? :blink:

By the way, I think I need help! Have you girls ever bought tix for a foreign gig? I want to go to the Spain ones in December and just found that the tix costs €29 while postage for international delivery needs €40???!!! :shocked::boxed:

And the Madrid gig is sold out already! Is it ever possible to fetch tix for a sold-out gig and if yes, how? I hope the tix for the Barcelona gig are still available for some time.....

OMG this one's so good!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

the Sunday Girl's one is a bit too sluggish for me:naughty:

This reminds me that I've never actually heard MGMT doing any songs acoustic... and at the moment I can't find any on youtube either. Have they done any acoustic versions of their songs? :blink:

Yes!

Here's an acoustic set they did back in June for a radio station in the US. It's just Andrew, Ben and Matt. I don't know of any other acoustic versions really...

Anything Could Happen (The Clean cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWawd9Vvpb8

Song for Dan Treacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jvckcBq3k

Congratulations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwcOxlT2H4

And it's not really acoustic, but I LOVE this version of Time to Pretend they recorded at Abbey Road:

By the way, I think I need help! Have you girls ever bought tix for a foreign gig? I want to go to the Spain ones in December and just found that the tix costs €29 while postage for international delivery needs €40???!!! :shocked::boxed:

And the Madrid gig is sold out already! Is it ever possible to fetch tix for a sold-out gig and if yes, how? I hope the tix for the Barcelona gig are still available for some time.....

No, I've never bought tix for a foreign gig. That shipping is ridiculous!:shocked: Hmmm, if it's not cheaper anywhere else...it may just be worth it.

Well they have released extra tickets close to the gig date for sold out shows during this US tour. If you follow their website/facebook closely, they update when more tickets become available. Or go on eBay or StubHub to see if others are selling their tickets. OR sweet talk your way into the show via really nice band members:teehee: (though I really recommend actually getting tickets hahaha:naughty:)

Me neither, I can't help you there...

Perhaps you should ask some of the Mika hardcore fans like mellody or so: They have heaps of experience with this. I am sure they'll be glad to help you.:wink2: The tics I bought for Vamp. W. I could print out on my printer right away. Just have to take the sheets to the gig. Very good idea, I think. Dunno if there is such a possibility in HK?

Perhaps you should ask some of the Mika hardcore fans like mellody or so: They have heaps of experience with this. I am sure they'll be glad to help you.:wink2: The tics I bought for Vamp. W. I could print out on my printer right away. Just have to take the sheets to the gig. Very good idea, I think. Dunno if there is such a possibility in HK?

what, i'm a hardcore fan?! :shocked: who told you?! :aah::naughty:

i had a similar problem with the mika tickets for italy, shipping was 20 or 30 euro - and so the tix for the first italian gig i got from one of the italian mfcers (they bought them for me at the box office), and for the 2nd i bought them when i was in italy for the 1st one. :naughty: for helsinki there were print-out tickets, so no shipping, and in riga there was an option to pick up the tickets at the box office. so well, i always had other options... :dunno: but if that's the only website that sells the tickets, they don't offer other options, and you don't know anyone who lives in that country - i guess there's only the chance to either get tickets on ebay, or buy them on the day of the gig when you're there. for mika gigs, there are nearly always tickets left, if not at the box office, then you'll get one from someone in the queue. but of course i have no idea what that's like for mgmt. :dunno: and of course it's always a certain risk.

what, i'm a hardcore fan?! :shocked: who told you?! :aah::naughty:

i had a similar problem with the mika tickets for italy, shipping was 20 or 30 euro - and so the tix for the first italian gig i got from one of the italian mfcers (they bought them for me at the box office), and for the 2nd i bought them when i was in italy for the 1st one. :naughty: for helsinki there were print-out tickets, so no shipping, and in riga there was an option to pick up the tickets at the box office. so well, i always had other options... :dunno: but if that's the only website that sells the tickets, they don't offer other options, and you don't know anyone who lives in that country - i guess there's only the chance to either get tickets on ebay, or buy them on the day of the gig when you're there. for mika gigs, there are nearly always tickets left, if not at the box office, then you'll get one from someone in the queue. but of course i have no idea what that's like for mgmt. :dunno: and of course it's always a certain risk.

Mika? :roftl:

Thank you for your quick answer! :thumb_yello:

I too don't know how it is for mgmt, suppose it changes from country to country. For Germany I would say no problem, since not so many pple know them here :aah: but they were sold out in NY... Some pple also offer tics on Twitter :biggrin2:.

Thank you so much girls!! :huglove:

Yes!

Here's an acoustic set they did back in June for a radio station in the US. It's just Andrew, Ben and Matt. I don't know of any other acoustic versions really...

Anything Could Happen (The Clean cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWawd9Vvpb8

Song for Dan Treacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jvckcBq3k

Congratulations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwcOxlT2H4

And it's not really acoustic, but I LOVE this version of Time to Pretend they recorded at Abbey Road:

No, I've never bought tix for a foreign gig. That shipping is ridiculous!: Hmmm, if it's not cheaper anywhere else...it may just be worth it.

Well they have released extra tickets close to the gig date for sold out shows during this US tour. If you follow their website/facebook closely, they update when more tickets become available. Or go on eBay or StubHub to see if others are selling their tickets. OR sweet talk your way into the show via really nice band members (though I really recommend actually getting tickets hahaha:naughty:)

Thank you for the links!! I'm at schoolat the moment and don't have an earphone/headphone with me, will check them out later!! :biggrin2:

Well, I can say I was usually quite lucky to get close enough to celebs I love in different occasions, but hun, don't you think this a little bit too risky?? :naughty:

Perhaps you should ask some of the Mika hardcore fans like mellody or so: They have heaps of experience with this. I am sure they'll be glad to help you. The tics I bought for Vamp. W. I could print out on my printer right away. Just have to take the sheets to the gig. Very good idea, I think. Dunno if there is such a possibility in HK?

what, i'm a hardcore fan?! who told you?!

i had a similar problem with the mika tickets for italy, shipping was 20 or 30 euro - and so the tix for the first italian gig i got from one of the italian mfcers (they bought them for me at the box office), and for the 2nd i bought them when i was in italy for the 1st one. :naughty: for helsinki there were print-out tickets, so no shipping, and in riga there was an option to pick up the tickets at the box office. so well, i always had other options... but if that's the only website that sells the tickets, they don't offer other options, and you don't know anyone who lives in that country - i guess there's only the chance to either get tickets on ebay, or buy them on the day of the gig when you're there. for mika gigs, there are nearly always tickets left, if not at the box office, then you'll get one from someone in the queue. but of course i have no idea what that's like for mgmt. and of course it's always a certain risk.

Wow, mellody, how come you could find out you got a mention in this thread? :shocked::aah:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Actually I found out another option last night.

I will go to collect them:

Once the purchase is complete, and at your own convenience, you can pick up your tickets at any of the following collection points: up to 72 hours before the show (weekends, festiveness not included) in Kiosks, up to 72 hours before the show (weekends, festiveness not included) in Ticket centres (recommended option) and from to 1 hour before the show in box office at the venue.

It's said that I can print out the confirmation page of the transaction, bring my passport and credit card to collect my tix. But I'm a bit confused about the "up to 72 hours" bit... what does that mean? I have to collect it either 72 hours or 1 hour before the show?! :blink:

Mika?

Thank you for your quick answer!

I too don't know how it is for mgmt, suppose it changes from country to country. For Germany I would say no problem, since not so many pple know them here but they were sold out in NY... Some pple also offer tics on Twitter

Oh I thought they are doing quite well in the entire Europe (the Madrid gig's sold out) :teehee: