I'm so annoyed..I am sure the gig from last night is available on spotify to rewatch for another month, but when I go to the spotify blog, all I get is a blank box where a video should be. I'm having this same problem quite often with other videos/links/pics in Internet Explorer :sneaky2:. And I can't use Firefox because that just totally crashes on me.

Has anyone used Google Chrome?? :dunno:

I can live without seeing last night's concert, but still, it's so frustrating knowing it's there (well, Spotify France say it's there??) and not being able to access it.

The only moment that really saddened me was when Andrew asked: "How many pple have heard of our album "Congratulations"? and as few screamed he was like: Yay! and put his fist in the air. I was really sad, because it felt like he is/they are still unsure that pple come because of that to gigs and like they are still playing only to a "Kids" audience... Grrrrrr, it makes me mad, because this really isn't true and I don't want them to get insecure about their music. But perhaps this is only me overinterpreting again :dunno:

I know :crybaby:

It must be gutting for them to know that they made a great album, which many true fans do adore, but which just hasn't connected with the masses. However, they must have known that this might happen. They MUST have? They knew it was a less commercial album.

I really wish I had told Andrew how much I love Congratulations (I'm repeating myself again, sorry). I know that if I was in his position, it would mean a lot to me to just hear a few fans tell me that to my face now and again :blink:. Perhaps I am fantasising here (:aah:) but I like to think that when he handed me back the lyric sheet from Congrats that I'd asked him to sign and he looked straight into my eyes and smiled that he was acknowledging the fact I own the album. Yeah I know, it's a stretch :teehee:, but it makes me happy LOL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so annoyed..I am sure the gig from last night is available on spotify to rewatch for another month, but when I go to the spotify blog, all I get is a blank box where a video should be. I'm having this same problem quite often with other videos/links/pics in Internet Explorer :sneaky2:. And I can't use Firefox because that just totally crashes on me.

I can live without seeing last night's concert, but still, it's so frustrating knowing it's there (well, Spotify France say it's there??) and not being able to access it.

I know :crybaby:

It must be gutting for them to know that they made a great album, which many true fans do adore, but which just hasn't connected with the masses. However, they must have known that this might happen. They MUST have? They knew it was a less commercial album.

I really wish I had told Andrew how much I love Congratulations (I'm repeating myself again, sorry). I know that if I was in his position, it would mean a lot to me to just hear a few fans tell me that to my face now and again :blink:. Perhaps I am fantasising here (:aah:) but I like to think that when he handed me back the lyric sheet from Congrats that I'd asked him to sign and he looked straight into my eyes and smiled that he was acknowledging the fact I own the album. Yeah I know, it's a stretch, but it makes me happy LOL.

Same here! And yesterday I could watch it... :blink:

Could it be that we must sign in first? I didn't sign in, because I went on Spotify few days ago and read it's still not available for Germany. So I didn't plan to watch yesterday evening, but then I gave it a try in the last minute and it worked! :dunno: Perhaps they must upload it yet? I dunno, I am very bad at those technical things...:teehee: I am sure someone will upload it on the forum! Just give them a few days....

I know, it's really frustrating, isn't it? This happened to me at my Mika gig, because I didn't prepare at all for the M&G cause I didn't really think I would meet Mika in person (and I didn't want to prepare myself in order not to be dissappointed if nothing happens) so as it happened I was like: :shocked: and I just managed to hold out my cover for him to sign and a Thank you, but nothing more. I could so kick my own ass afterwards for not thinking of anything to say to him.... So I swore it'll never happen again! I am going to prepare my little speech for the guys and if I didn't meet them, well ... :doh:

I am sure Andrew acknowledged the fact that you have the album. He said this in an interview I saw again today: "The pple who understand our music are pple who listen to whole albums...." But if you really want to ease your mind, why not write to Mr. VW senior a short note? :wink2: He's so nice, I am sure he won't mind hearing this (thousand times better than those stupid "Can I marry your son?" messages :teehee:) and passing it to the boys?

Edited by southeast

+1

The only moment that really saddened me was when Andrew asked: "How many pple have heard of our album "Congratulations"? and as few screamed he was like: Yay! and put his fist in the air. I was really sad, because it felt like he is/they are still unsure that pple come because of that to gigs and like they are still playing only to a "Kids" audience... Grrrrrr, it makes me mad, because this really isn't true and I don't want them to get insecure about their music. But perhaps this is only me overinterpreting again :dunno:

I kinda felt the same way !

I really don't want them to feel like a one hit wonder band .:huh:

Kids was the 1st song i heard and I need to thank Mika for playing it at his gig in December 2007cause everyone was singing along then i asked someone who is singing this catchy song otherwise I wouldn't have heard of them or I would have heard about them laterzzz .

Btw my sister heard Siberian Breaks and she thinks the instrumental sounds a bit like Animal collective.

Yes I downloaded 2 days ago it is better than Firefox :thumb_yello:

I really wish I had told Andrew how much I love Congratulations (I'm repeating myself again, sorry). I know that if I was in his position, it would mean a lot to me to just hear a few fans tell me that to my face now and again :blink:. Perhaps I am fantasising here (:aah:) but I like to think that when he handed me back the lyric sheet from Congrats that I'd asked him to sign and he looked straight into my eyes and smiled that he was acknowledging the fact I own the album. Yeah I know, it's a stretch :teehee:, but it makes me happy LOL.

This is sweet. :wub2: And may I ask if your version of Congratulations includes the customised coin? 'Cause I don't have a lyric SHEET, there's a little BOOKLET instead :blink:

I kinda felt the same way ! I really don't want them to feel like a one hit wonder band .:huh:

Kids was the 1st song i heard and I need to thank Mika for playing it at his gig in December 2007cause everyone was singing along then i asked someone who is singing this catchy song otherwise I wouldn't have heard of them or I would have heard about them laterzzz .Btw my sister heard Siberian Breaks and she thinks the instrumental sounds a bit like Animal collective.

Yes I downloaded 2 days ago it is better than Firefox :thumb_yello:

I have to say it's MIKA who introduced me to MGMT!!!!!!!!!!! This is FATE. Everytime when I think of this I'm overwhelmed with some really strange sentiment. I don't know, I think I'm just kind of moved by this fact.

Do you guys remember he used Time To Pretend as the background music of one of his video blog?? And later he blogged a little about this. I clicked the link he provided and got to MGMT's myspace. TTP is catchy and I later youtubed the vid and found out that the vocal guy's quite handsome :teehee: I listened to OS and I loved Weekend Wars and OMB&M... Later I even went to their forum... but yeah, as I said before, I thought they were too much of stoners at that time so my obsession ended at some point.

And it's definitely Congratulations that brought me back. I really can't describle how much I love this album. :wub2:

I have to say it's MIKA who introduced me to MGMT!!!!!!!!!!! This is FATE. Everytime when I think of this I'm overwhelmed with some really strange sentiment. I don't know, I think I'm just kind of moved by this fact.

Do you guys remember he used Time To Pretend as the background music of one of his video blog?? And later he blogged a little about this. I clicked the link he provided and got to MGMT's myspace. TTP is catchy and I later youtubed the vid and found out that the vocal guy's quite handsome :teehee: I listened to OS and I loved Weekend Wars and OMB&M... Later I even went to their forum... but yeah, as I said before, I thought they were too much of stoners at that time so my obsession ended at some point.

Yes I do I still remember the beginning of the Vlog !

And someone else told me he also played Flash Delirium in Spain and Italy.

Girls I have great news :teehee:

I hope it is true.

I hope it is true.

YES! I saw this too (hehe I suppose we're all following the same Twitter fan account, aren't we?)! I was told it's true! :boing:

And also Will said somewhere that they already have new material, are going to work on it Jan-Feb and they don't need to take a break, cause they are never sick and tired of doing what they are doing now...

Aren't we lucky, lucky fans?

I hope it is true.

:eek:

Seriously I don't understand a thing there.... CAMP MGMT??! :aah: And there's some French like words??? NYC September??

But with no doubt I died a little bit watching it :swoon:

YES! I saw this too (hehe I suppose we're all following the same Twitter fan account, aren't we?)! I was told it's true! :boing:

And also Will said somewhere that they already have new material, are going to work on it Jan-Feb and they don't need to take a break, cause they are never sick and tired of doing what they are doing now...

the Japanese tour is in March... Isn't this a bit too hectic?! :huh:

but of course we are lucky, girls, put aside the they-get-bored-or-evolved-too-much-and-are-gonna-split-or-quit worries :naughty:

This is sweet. :wub2: And may I ask if your version of Congratulations includes the customised coin? 'Cause I don't have a lyric SHEET, there's a little BOOKLET instead :blink:

It's not any special version it's just a basic CD with a fold-out sheet of lyrics which has a picture on the back, like a small poster. I'm not really a collector of special stuff, in fact it's not often I even buy physical CDs at all these days.

Really??? for some reason, that's made me very happy. :wub2:

I hope it is true.

This is just going to be awesome!!! :naughty:

:eek:

Seriously I don't understand a thing there.... CAMP MGMT??! :aah: And there's some French like words??? NYC September??

But with no doubt I died a little bit watching it :swoon:

This is just going to be awesome!!! :naughty:

Was twitter account ?

I found the news on their forum :teehee:

Really ?I never saw Will talking in interviews .He always seems so shy and quiet.

It will be a documentary on the LaBlogotheque site .I hope they will post it soon.

Very awesome .I love this site .:wub2:

I had a great MGMT dream last night. I was in a Water Park with them all, and I went in this big whirlpool thing with Andrew. We were riding around really fast on this inflatable dolphin :lmfao: I was lying on the dolphin and Andrew was lying on top of me :blink: on my back :das:

:roftl:I think I'd better stop there. It was very nice though.:mf_rosetinted:

No, it would be the first time, I just discovered their music this spring, so I was soooo happy to see they are doing a gig in Munich 6 months later. :boing:

But I have watched lots of vids on UTube and the live stream from Brussels was great. Oh, there also is an video of an old gig in Paris, on Arte. They perform Metanoia there. Amazing. I'll try to find & post the link here.

EDIT: Here's the link! Enjoy: http://www.arte.tv/fr/Videos-sur-ARTE-TV/2151166,CmC=2316348.html

Anyways, I hope to get a good place in the audience, but I don't think I'll ever get as good look on Andrew's face live as watching those vids. :teehee:

Wow, very nice link.:wub2: Thanks!

Could it be that Andrew is like that because he's a Southern guy? You know, the pple from the Southern States are relaxed and "soft" on the outside like that and they take their time for things. But they can also get really emotional if something is important to them. I like that a lot if someone's cool on the surface and hot inside.

Really, you love him? It has never ever crossed my mind till now! :mf_rosetinted: I like Ben a lot too! Always have the feeling I could feel at ease with him but not so much with Andrew, so I can't decide who I like more. They are so different, I can't really compare them. But in his own way Ben is as charming as Andrew.

Btw. do MGMT have any live DVDs? I haven't found any so far. :dunno:

And do they have merch at concerts? I would love a MGMT T-shirt!

And if some of you still want to watch that live stream gig from Brussels - here's a link to the thread on the forum where some pple are working on a upload: http://mgmtforum.com/index.php?topic=7579.0

They have got very nice merch. I got the white tour shirt, but they also have black ones with the animal (is it a cat?) from the album art work and a lot of other nice shirts. They also have a very nice bag. All shirts are €20.

Omg Andrew's dad twits :roll1:

Did someone hack his account :naughty:

:blink: I know! What's he going on about? Who is Favre? :naughty:

I googled him and he seems to be a famous football player? http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home/

But I don't get those tweets either. :blink: Apparently some kind of US joke we foreigners don't understand...

I had a great MGMT dream last night. I was in a Water Park with them all, and I went in this big whirlpool thing with Andrew. We were riding around really fast on this inflatable dolphin :lmfao: I was lying on the dolphin and Andrew was lying on top of me :blink: on my back :das:

:roftl:I think I'd better stop there. It was very nice though.:mf_rosetinted:

I liked your dream :teehee: But why Andrew and not Ben? I thought Ben is your fave...

Edited by southeast

I googled him and he seems to be a famous football player? http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home/

But I don't get those tweets either. :blink: Apparently some kind of US joke we foreigners don't understand...

I liked your dream :teehee: But why Andrew and not Ben? I thought Ben is your fave...

I like them both, I don't really have a favourite. I guess I like them in different ways :naughty:. I guess I overstate the case for Ben sometimes because it annoys me that a lot of casual MGMT fans are just Andrew fangurls, whereas I personally do find Ben very attractive too, just in a different way :biggrin2:

I always have the feeling I'd probably get along better with Ben than Andrew, if I knew them.

I like them both, I don't really have a favourite. I guess I like them in different ways :naughty:. I guess I overstate the case for Ben sometimes because it annoys me that a lot of casual MGMT fans are just Andrew fangurls, whereas I personally do find Ben very attractive too, just in a different way :biggrin2:

I always have the feeling I'd probably get along better with Ben than Andrew, if I knew them.

I know, me too! Because Andrew is a weirdo :freak::mf_rosetinted:

Noooo, because he's more the frontman/hippie/rockstar/somewhat dreamy poet who writes all those lovely but strange lyrics. Ben is more the type of guy who a girl could bring home to her parents, if you know what I mean.

But, hey who knows that really, we Bulgarians have a saying: "Beware! The calm water is always the deepest." Perhaps it's just the other way around...

Noooo, because he's more the frontman/hippie/rockstar/somewhat dreamy poet who writes all those lovely but strange lyrics. Ben is more the type of guy who a girl could bring home to her parents, if you know what I mean.

But, hey who knows that really, we Bulgarians have a saying: "Beware! The calm water is always the deepest." Perhaps it's just the other way around...

Yeah I do know what you mean :naughty:. And Ben is definitely my type: a bit geeky and shy :naughty:

The phrase exists in English too; it's 'still waters run deep' :wink2:.

:blink: I know! What's he going on about? Who is Favre? :naughty:

HAHA. Brett Favre is a football player for the Green Bay Packers. Why do I know this? Because the Packers are practically a religion in Wisconsin (the state I'm originally from). It's a long story about him...

I get what you mean. But I have a soft spot for dreamy poet boys.:naughty:

Sorry I have to quote this too!! You've put it in the best way :wub2:

Needa confess that dreamy poet is really my type of guy (I kind of study literature!) but well, I always think I'm TOO STUPID to be Andrew's friend. :roftl: Maybe I can get his strange words at times but surely I don't know how to respond to them in the same witty funny way :teehee:

And you know what? The Barcelona show which I wanted to go to is SOLD OUT. I was so hopeless yesterday when I saw this that I almost cried :tears: Yet, I'm still so unsure about my European trip in Dec...... what should I do?? :no:

Sorry I have to quote this too!! You've put it in the best way :wub2:

Needa confess that dreamy poet is really my type of guy (I kind of study literature!) but well, I always think I'm TOO STUPID to be Andrew's friend. :roftl: Maybe I can get his strange words at times but surely I don't know how to respond to them in the same witty funny way :teehee:

And you know what? The Barcelona show which I wanted to go to is SOLD OUT. I was so hopeless yesterday when I saw this that I almost cried :tears: Yet, I'm still so unsure about my European trip in Dec...... what should I do?? :no:

Yes I get what you mean about Andrew :naughty:

That's such a shame about Barcelona :boxed:. What about the Lisbon or Madrid gigs? Any chance you could go there? Both fabulous cities.

Girls, we should quickly start a "serious music discussion" on this thread, since me and Rachel try to get new members and have bragged about not drooling over the guys on this thread. :roftl:

So.....ehmmmm.....do you know what really fascinates me? The fact that Andrew always remembers the lyrics to the songs & never forgets them at gigs even though they are really difficult to memorize since no rhymes and stuff. I mean, I know he writes them, but hey, Mika does this as well....:teehee: I still don't know most of them, have to learn a few by heart so I can sing along (quietly!) at the gig in December.

Btw. as far as I could see there is a new message on Spotify about the gig - I am not quite sure if I understood it, since my French is bad, but I think you could watch the gig from tonight on - will try it later.

Edited by southeast

Girls, we should quickly start a "serious music discussion" on this thread, since me and Rachel try to get new members and have bragged about not drooling over the guys on this thread. :roftl:

So.....ehmmmm.....do you know what really fascinates me? The fact that Andrew always remembers the lyrics to the songs & never forgets them at gigs even though they are really difficult to memorize since no rhymes and stuff. I mean, I know he writes them, but hey, Mika does this as well....:teehee: I still don't know most of them, have to learn a few by heart so I can sing along (quietly!) at the gig in December.

Btw. as far as I could see there is a new message on Spotify about the gig - I am not quite sure if I understood it, since my French is bad, but I think you could watch the gig from tonight on - will try it later.

Haha, I've just posted to suzie on that other thread that I'm going to quickly edit out all the fangirlish bits from my posts here, before she sees them :roftl:!!

Ok, let the serious discussion begin :mf_rosetinted:.

Andrew is pretty. Sorry, I mean, pretty good at remembering lyrics :naughty:. I'm sure he messed up on Congratulations though in Manchester :shocked:. I will have to go to Youtube to verify that though!

And that's good news about spotify..I've been trying to find the so-called 'captation du concert' ever since last week, but it didn't seem to exist :dunno:. So it's good that they finally seem to be putting it on there.

This is to prove that I have been a long term MGMT fan, one of the first ones :shun:

Yes, That's right. It's a great song. I also recommend Weekend War and Kids (beside the well-known Time to Pretend)..:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

and my other post:

Don't you think Empire of the Sun is trying to rip off MGMT's sound and even the image to a smaller extent?

No need to clean up the place for me, Gata, I know what you all are up to :das:

.. I'll try to remember to drop in more often :teehee: