The Australian Thread: Part Fourteen

Rainbow Sky

Emily...if you haven't already found out how, here's how I used to do it. you click on your my comp, and then click on the ipod you should see a number of files. One of these should be lighter or more transparent than the others. (I'd tell you what its called, but I dont have my ipod anymore... might be system). If you cant see it you need to download a program to see hidden files. Anyways, when you can see it, click on it, and then it should have some more folderss. One of these should contain the music, which will be in many many folders, and often have weird names. Anyways, transfer from there back to the comp, and then put everything in itunes again

thanks! :wink2:

i'm just about to get my ipod now..:naughty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just spent 30 minutes bawling my eyes out watching Neighbours...I know, I'm tragic!

I was wondering where that had gotten too!!

*hooks self up*

hahah Thanks. Scared??

Lush:wink2:

Nope.....it gets my motor running :das:

I miss so much when I sleep hahahaha...

Kelzy... I read the story about Gabaa (Gabba... erm... something like that) and I think that's funny. I don't find it racist at all.

Bec... thanks! I didn't know that about that type of cat... and Gun and this kitty of mine look a lot alike!

As for the kitty... we brought her into the garage last night. She was freaked out and stayed hidden under my car. I woke up and asked where the cat was and she was already outside laying on the deck and meowed when I came to the door.

I stayed outside all day with the computer and watched her roam around and sleep. Even though we're feeding her during the morning and night if you step out with anything that smells good she'll meow and meow for it.

She's now back in the garage. Mom put a blanket we gave her in a crate and she's sleeping in there curled up.

I had mom call the shelter today and they redirected her to the cat surrender number... so mom called that and left a message. The lady (who's my old high school science teachers wife) called us back. Apparently they have THREE weeks worth of stray cats and can't take anymore in right now so we were told to keep on doing what we're doing. Mom also asked about getting the cat fixed.

Mom told me she called the lady that knows just about everyone in this town and apparently she said there's a lot of strays on her street (two streets down from me) and they go into a hole underneath her neighbors garage. I didn't realize this place had a lot of strays.

My mom talked to her friend who has cats that were all once strays and she's trying to convince her relative that lives just down the road from us to take in the cat.

As for right now mom is going to talk to dad tomorrow about taking the cat to the vet to get the cat checked out and have her rabies shot and see about fixing her. She's afraid she might be pregnant because she has a belly for a starving cat... I think she may just be bloated... so who knows. After if the cat comes back from the vet healthy we want to see if we can slowly introduce our cat to having this new one inside. My cat is WICKED p*ssed off at us for even giving this one the time of day. I think she's also mad because when she hisses it doesn't scare this cat away. Sooo if our cat doesn't accept this one (which I hope she does) then we'll hopefully already have a house lined up for the cat if that's the case.

I talked it over with mom and told her that I'm going back and forth too on wanting to keep the cat but not wanting too because I didn't want them to have to deal with two while I'm away at college. I think this cat has won our hearts over though. When I went out to say goodnight to her I picked her up from the crate and she nestled her head on my shoulder by my neck and shut her eyes and just kept on purring.

All of this is just SO strange though. The cat shows up out of nowhere and wouldn't stop meowing at us. Friendliest stray cat I've EVER seen. She's pretty much in perfect condition besides the skin and bone starving part and there's only a small patch of fur missing from her right ear along with a couple broken whiskers. Other than that, she's perfect. She acts like she's never been inside before though, it really scared her... so we think someone just dumped her somewhere. I just don't see why though.

Helllloooooo *waves*....I think you are meant to have this little kitty:wink2:

Hello!

Performance night tonight!

Woo hoo....Good luck, I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead! Don't forget the full report when you get back!

I'm sorry.

i bought it yesterday, so i wanted to try it out.

i'll probably get over it soon and it will be left there to gather dust along with my playstation 2..

but the wii is fun!

Excuses, excuses. I guess we just don't mean that much to you:naughty:

I've MQd this thread about 3 times and had the page freeze and lose it all.

Suffer, suffer, suffer :naughty: *runs off to pw store*

It's alright, I have a SUDDEN BRAINWAVE exactly when reading this post.

Obsessive

Mika

Purchasing

Syndrome

No, I change my mind, Orchestra Musicians Play Stuff fits even better!

Ahem...

Your answer is.....

:groovy:Wrong:groovy:

:tears::crybaby:

Gah! I totally want it! Really? That sucks. I started going through the checkout but then it had a huuuge form to fill out and I got bored and distracted and forgot about it :naughty:

:roftl: i really want a patrick wolf tshirt.

he should come to australia soon!

ooh and i want to see that movie he recorded a song for.

it comes out in august! :thumb_yello:

Obsessive

Mika

Purchasing

Syndrome

I don't care if it's right or not, it sounds right to me and I'm sticking with it :hmph:

No, I change my mind, Orchestra Musicians Play Stuff fits even better!

hey, OD, this reminds me of the time where you were meant to tell Tan and I about your other club..i forgot what it was..was it RBC?

well anyway you never told us.:naughty:

hey, OD, this reminds me of the time where you were meant to tell Tan and I about your other club..i forgot what it was..was it RBC?

well anyway you never told us.:naughty:

I was just replying to Kelzy that very thing and asking if it was revenge:thumb_yello:

Ahem...

Your answer is.....

Did I mention how bad at acronyms I am? I'm proud of my cents-making acronym, and I'll keep calling it that in my head, thanks :hmph:

i really want a patrick wolf tshirt.

he should come to australia soon!

ooh and i want to see that movie he recorded a song for.

it comes out in august! :thumb_yello:

Mee tooo!

"Should" as in "I wish he would", or as in "It seems likely he will"?

well anyway you never told us.

I never agreed to telling anyone anything :hmph:

Get out! When did you find it to have one of those

Down the side of the couch :wink2:

I was just replying to Kelzy that very thing and asking if it was revenge:thumb_yello:

:naughty:

Mee tooo!

"Should" as in "I wish he would", or as in "It seems likely he will"?

I never agreed to telling anyone anything :hmph:

should as in i wish he would. :naughty:

but, he's working on his fourth album..so, he might be coming next year.:thumb_yello:

OH MY GOD! Breaking an 11 year old's fingers?!! Holy crap, that is a bit .. severe.

Yeah I know, but I suppose .. authorities would be less willing to step in and prosecute people?

It is severe, but it's tribal.

You have a think about tribes living close together and, how severe a crime stealing from another member (who would be seen as family) would be.

I don't think they are less willing to step in. There's a load of circumstances that stops them. For example, the police should not enter into an indigenous persons home without an Elder present.

But, that doesn't mean they don't go in anyway.

Obsessive

Mika

Purchasing

Syndrome

What she said.

Emily...if you haven't already found out how, here's how I used to do it. you click on your my comp, and then click on the ipod you should see a number of files. One of these should be lighter or more transparent than the others. (I'd tell you what its called, but I dont have my ipod anymore... might be system). If you cant see it you need to download a program to see hidden files. Anyways, when you can see it, click on it, and then it should have some more folderss. One of these should contain the music, which will be in many many folders, and often have weird names. Anyways, transfer from there back to the comp, and then put everything in itunes again

To view hidden files you open up the a windows folder and click on [TOOLS] [FOLDER OPTIONS] [VIEW TAB] And where it says "Hidden files and folders" select *View hidden files and folders*

I've just spent 30 minutes bawling my eyes out watching Neighbours...I know, I'm tragic!

Oh, that's pathetic. :naughty:

Nope.....it gets my motor running :das;

I forgot you like clowns. I bet you've got a pic of Dee Snider made up beside your bed.

I was just replying to Kelzy that very thing and asking if it was revenge

:naughty: No, I'm not like that at allllllllllllll...

Oh, that's pathetic. :naughty:

I forgot you like clowns. I bet you've got a pic of Dee Snider made up beside your bed.

:naughty: No, I'm not like that at allllllllllllll...

I know, but it was so sad....*stamps foot* I hate the Neighours writers they suck!

*nose in air* I will not dignify that with a response....I only like one clown in make up thank you very much :bleh:

Oh no, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth :naughty:

Obsessive

Mika

Purchasing

Syndrome

I don't care if it's right or not, it sounds right to me and I'm sticking with it :hmph:

Damn! Cos that's what I was going to suggest!

I'm not really here, just pinched the comp briefly. hubby will want it back any second.

I'm back!

You'll do great!! What time will you be back to let us know about it?

About 9:30pm. :naughty:

It went pretty well. I made one mistake in 'Imagine' but I asked a few people and they said that they didn't notice. The band was awesome!

For one other song I was supposed to be accompanying two people singing but one didn't turn up! So I just did it with the one who came and she did really well!

Anyway, good luck SD! You will do brilliantly! Don't leave your shoe on the stage.

:roftl::roftl: Thankfully that didn't happen this time!

Woo hoo....Good luck, I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead! Don't forget the full report when you get back!

Thanks for the good luck. I certainly needed it! :naughty:

*nose in air* I will not dignify that with a response....I only like one clown in make up thank you very much

Oh no, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth

And which clown is that? :blink:

It doesn't actually.. doesn't have time too. :naughty:

Damn! Cos that's what I was going to suggest!

It's almost right. :naughty:

I'm back!

About 9:30pm.

O really?? :naughty:

It went pretty well. I made one mistake in 'Imagine' but I asked a few people and they said that they didn't notice. The band was awesome!

For one other song I was supposed to be accompanying two people singing but one didn't turn up! So I just did it with the one who came and she did really well!

:groovy:YAY!!!!!!!! :groovy:

should as in i wish he would. :naughty:

but, he's working on his fourth album..so, he might be coming next year.:thumb_yello:

:doh:

It is severe, but it's tribal.

You have a think about tribes living close together and, how severe a crime stealing from another member (who would be seen as family) would be.

I don't think they are less willing to step in. There's a load of circumstances that stops them. For example, the police should not enter into an indigenous persons home without an Elder present.

But, that doesn't mean they don't go in anyway.

You know what, it's also illegal. I can see how stealing would be a severe crime, but if we broke our kid's fingers as punishment, we would totally be in massive trouble for child abuse/assault or something. So ... like ... authorities are letting people break the law when they let tribes use their tribal law, and so if we're not stepping in to stop that, we kind can't step in at any time (ie: the girl judge sentencing the rapers) Hmm, I don't know, I'm confusing myself.

About 9:30pm.

:lmao:

Oh, that is classic.

You asked people? :doh: You did great, see! :rolls_eyes:

Thankfully that didn't happen this time!

Oh well done!

You know what, it's also illegal. I can see how stealing would be a severe crime, but if we broke our kid's fingers as punishment, we would totally be in massive trouble for child abuse/assault or something. So ... like ... authorities are letting people break the law when they let tribes use their tribal law, and so if we're not stepping in to stop that, we kind can't step in at any time (ie: the girl judge sentencing the rapers) Hmm, I don't know, I'm confusing myself.

My example, about breaking fingers, was from 18 years ago. I think that tribal law is only encouraged when it's not actually an illegal thing. I'm pretty sure that there's white man approved tribal laws.

And I think alot of it is none of our business actually and we should butt out.

A lot of the problem with Aboriginal Australia is that their pride was taken from them and now they are trying to get it back. They've been forced to live "white" and turn their backs on their past. A lot of aborigines are at odds with the land they live in. One hand says be true to yourself and your culture, the other hand says "Be white".. The more we meddle, the more difficult it becomes. I don't talk about Adam much, I know I bag him sometimes, because he was a real sh!t at times, but I've always cared, I've just distanced myself now so that we can both move on easier.. But I'll say this: He goes out in public and attempts white and he comes home and attempts black. When black's in public with him or when white comes over to his house - he turns grey. He's so screwed up because he has had to be multiple identities all his life. I was the first non-aboriginal female to accept his aboriginal side. All the rest tried to "civilise" him, where instead I encouraged him to embrace his culture by embracing it with him and I know that was the best thing I have ever done for anyone in this entire world.. ever..

My example, about breaking fingers, was from 18 years ago. I think that tribal law is only encouraged when it's not actually an illegal thing. I'm pretty sure that there's white man approved tribal laws.

And I think alot of it is none of our business actually and we should butt out.

A lot of the problem with Aboriginal Australia is that their pride was taken from them and now they are trying to get it back. They've been forced to live "white" and turn their backs on their past. A lot of aborigines are at odds with the land they live in. One hand says be true to yourself and your culture, the other hand says "Be white".. The more we meddle, the more difficult it becomes. I don't talk about Adam much, I know I bag him sometimes, because he was a real sh!t at times, but I've always cared, I've just distanced myself now so that we can both move on easier.. But I'll say this: He goes out in public and attempts white and he comes home and attempts black. When black's in public with him or when white comes over to his house - he turns grey. He's so screwed up because he has had to be multiple identities all his life. I was the first non-aboriginal female to accept his aboriginal side. All the rest tried to "civilise" him, where instead I encouraged him to embrace his culture by embracing it with him and I know that was the best thing I have ever done for anyone in this entire world.. ever..

Oh wow, that really ... wow :shocked::wub2:

That must be really horrible. ****.

But yeah, I agree, it's confusing though. So we stay out of everything then, but isn't ignoring crimes exactly what we were outraging about last night? :boxed:

And how do you determine when someone is going to fall under tribal law and .. law-law? I dunno... I have to write that essay NOW.

One thing before I start on my essay: Silver! (or anyone else up for the challenge) (It's probably a very easy one)

Someone find me the B&W picture of Mika with him looking through one hand as a tube, and the other hand up like a high five or something. It's in ummm Fmbm or findingmywords' signature (haha, I always get those two mixed up in my head ... they both start with F :rolls_eyes:).

And someone else has it in an animation in their sig, but without the writing the F person put over it ("Crazy Psycho" or something), so it must be floating around somewhere. It looks a lot like the photo-interview pictures? :huh:

EDIT: It's in this person's signature: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1592133&postcount=6

It is from the photo-interview, he's wearing the same stuff, but I've never seen it before this week, where's the proper version of it? :blink:

Oh wow, that really ... wow :shocked::wub2:

That must be really horrible. ****.

But yeah, I agree, it's confusing though. So we stay out of everything then, but isn't ignoring crimes exactly what we were outraging about last night? :boxed:

And how do you determine when someone is going to fall under tribal law and .. law-law? I dunno... I have to write that essay NOW.

I think we need to stop treating indigenous people like they can't survive without us telling them what to do. I think we should trust that the Elders can teach the younger ones right from wrong.

I can't ignore violent crimes either and I think that when someone does commit a serious violent crime they should be punished with a sentence and rehabilitated. My view of prisons is that there's not enough of that going on there.

Last night we thought that the 9 males had gotten away with it and the girl was treated as if she was at fault. Since then we've realised that other factors come into play. It's become clear to me that they were subjected to tribal law. What that was exactly, I don't know.

I think law law or tribal law decisions would be determined between Judge and Elders. Don't delude yourself into thinking jail-time would've been better.. Australian jails aren't as tough and rough as you might think. There's alot of protection and back-watching.. 3 square meals and no decision making necessary.. Friends/Family provide you with money to buy your things.. Quite often the people who really suffer are the family and friends on the outside..

The tribal law handed out may have been isolation.. roughing it in the bush for 3 months.. trust me, that's much harder than jail..

***Aussies!***

don't you think this contest sucks??

I mean what if the announcement is made after you have to be on the plane to

actually get there on time? I hear they are queing already

I am not amused and frankly very appleish this morning

besides west coast of Canada is not that close either. Its apparently recognized

once and a while but falls of the radar most of the time,

**suzanne is in a mood this morning ,one she rarely is...*** I am supposed to be the happy girl at all times...not this morning...I fell from grace

:ap_rosetinted:

I think the reason they wanted our locations is because it's for locals only.

I gave up thinking I'd win before I even sent my details :naughty:

its really bad : they should have said it was for locals

i think its discrimination

:mf_rosetinted:

I think it was organised last minute and international issues weren't considered.

But, by not having fine print they've kind of dug their own grave :naughty:

funny how they keep on forgetting things and places

:mf_rosetinted: