I have a theory about Mika...

nico_collard

and Hanson...

Hanson.512.jpgMika-music-10.jpg

I was listening to Hanson one night, and I realised... Mika is doing the same thing Hanson did when they first were big in Oz... and now, they're hardly ever recognised here (except by the rabid fangirls like me! :wub2::das:)...

Here goes:

Ways Hanson and Mika are alike:

• Both rejected from music companies repeatedly for not fitting what they wanted to market

• Both great singers (Taylor versus Mika)

• Both released debut singles and albums in a year starting in 7 (1997/2007)

• First single was very catchy, yet strangely annoying (MMMBop/Grace Kelly)

• First single reached number 1 in the charts and stayed in number one for a while (7 weeks straight to number 1/Not sure how many weeks at number 1 but a lot)

• First album reached number 1 and stayed for a while in the charts

• Second single was quite catchy, but did not quite reach the success of

first single (Where’s The Love/Love Today)

• Second single has Love in the title (might be reaching a bit, but still)

• Third single did worse yet, and was slower than the previous songs (I Will Come To You/Happy Ending)

• Fourth single did not perform as well in the charts compared to third (Weird/Big Girl)

• Did promo performance in Sydney in Winter month (July 1997/The Forum 2 June 2007)

• Did performance in Melbourne after Sydney (Car park/Rove)

• Performed songs on breakfast TV (Today Show/Sunrise)

• Long time between release of 1st album and release of 2nd album (Middle of Nowhere 1997 – This Time Around 2000/LICM 2007 – New Album 2009?)

• Visited Zoos in Australia during promo visit

• Greg Wells contribruted on an album of theirs (Underneath - bass, guitar, accordion, producer/LiCM - producer, mixer, bass, percussion, guitar, programming, keyboards, drums)

He contributed on every song on LiCM, Hanson was Stong Enough To Break, Dancing In The Wind, Underneath, Misery, Broken Angel (:wub2:), Hey (We'll ignore the fact that Underneath was Hanson's 3rd studio album not including 3 Car Garage, Snowed In and LiveFrom Albertane)... yes... I checked...

What do you guys think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot "collaborated with the amazing Greg Wells to cut some fabulous tracks". :wink2:

It's funny how many similarities there are when you lay 'em all out like that!

Works for me, though. I was crazy about Hanson in 1997, and even today watching clips of their performances ignites the same old feelings.

If I'm still charmed and enchanted by Mika in 2019, the world will indeed be a lovely place. :blush-anim-cl:

You forgot "collaborated with the amazing Greg Wells to cut some fabulous tracks". :wink2:

It's funny how many similarities there are when you lay 'em all out like that!

Works for me, though. I was crazy about Hanson in 1997, and even today watching clips of their performances ignites the same old feelings.

If I'm still charmed and enchanted by Mika in 2019, the world will indeed be a lovely place. :blush-anim-cl:

Bugger!

Knew I forgot something!

*adds to list*

Mika also has a similarity to Savage Garden... Jerry Blair was listed as SG's manager on Affirmation...