Lyme Disease

So, the past few days I've felt incredibly weak, like I was hit by a bus or something...

my body aches and It feel like symptoms of the flu but i don't feel 'sick,' just a headache.

I noticed a bug bite on my back, but didn't think anything of it. So today my mom asked me if I had any weird bites, so I lifted up my shirt and showed her the back of my rib cage and she said it looks like the 'bulls-eye rash' that forms around a tic bite that has lyme disease. I have to wait to go to the doctor until Monday.

Does anyone here have or know anything about Lyme Disease?

Please let me know!

thanks!

jackie

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much everyone!:huglove:

and thanks for the link LadyGodiva!

I just talked to some neighbors who looked at it and said that it was lyme disease right away. One of them told me they had it,and the antibiotics is for about a month and that

you loose your apeitite and your stomach is week, but after a month or so of antibiotics you're good to go.

Thank you very much everyone!:huglove:

and thanks for the link LadyGodiva!

I just talked to some neighbors who looked at it and said that it was lyme disease right away. One of them told me they had it,and the antibiotics is for about a month and that

you loose your apeitite and your stomach is week, but after a month or so of antibiotics you're good to go.

no problem, I hope it gets better soon!

When in doubt, drink lots of fluids:thumb_yello:

I had a friend that had Lyme Disease. It affected her a few years ago, she used to get really tired, but she's just fine now as it's treated! Don't worry.

Thanks for sharing :)

and yeah, I feel like I could sleep for days and it still wouldn't be enough.

You'll get a nice dose of antibiotics. Tell your mom about pro-biotics though.

They will help keep your intestines from totally freakin' out with the anti-biotic.

Mika_Obessed my daughter got bit in April thankfully it was on the front of her leg so the tick wasn't latched on for 24 hours. Which would have been treated with one mega dose anti-biotics. Instead though she got a 12 day treatment (she also had a sinus infection) she is fine.

Here is a link for your mom to read about pro-biotics

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/probiotics/AN00389

Eat healthy, drink fluids, get enough vitamin C and rest.

All this will help your body's immune system.

You'll be fine. :thumb_yello:

or as ankmet20 posted...

TickBirdAnterior01.jpg

okay that's really mean:naughty:

i really hope you do feel better!:wink2:

:shocked: It's so FAT!

That's such an overweight tick...

You can see it's insides!!!!! BAHAHIDFJIEJAEJAE!!!! *jumps around because it feels like ticks are crawling over her*

Thank you sooo much everyone! and thank you for all the info, it's much appreciated!:huglove:

I can't go to the doctor until tomorrow, I've been like this for almost a week now. It keeps getting worse and my 'bullseye' is so defined and red now. I have a fever, if I'm not freeezing I'm extremely hot. I really hope I haven't waited too long for antibiotics!:thumbdown::no:

i got had a tick in june!:naughty:

it was my 1st and hopefully my last

i had to go to the school nurse and everyone that came in the health office would come over and make a comment as she was trying to pull it out.:sneaky2:"ewwwww...aren't you gonna burn it??!"

"spray it with hairspray"

"that's distgusting!"

:naughty:

i ended up having to go to my doctor's clinic and she put me on amoxicillin (which tastes like burnt hair) for ten days just as a precaution.:thumb_yello:

it was a deer tick by the way (got it from lacrosse practice:sneaky2:)

hope you feel better!!:cheerful_h4h:

i got had a tick in june!:naughty:

it was my 1st and hopefully my last

i had to go to the school nurse and everyone that came in the health office would come over and make a comment as she was trying to pull it out.:sneaky2:"ewwwww...aren't you gonna burn it??!"

"spray it with hairspray"

"that's distgusting!"

:naughty:

i ended up having to go to my doctor's clinic and she put me on amoxicillin (which tastes like burnt hair) for ten days just as a precaution.:thumb_yello:

it was a deer tick by the way (got it from lacrosse practice:sneaky2:)

hope you feel better!!:cheerful_h4h:

Haha, thank you.

And yeah it is pretty gross.

I didn't even see the tick on me, never.

I just have this 'bulls-eye' on my back.

I'll take a picture of it..it's crazy!

Look how crazy my side looks right now..

( Ignore the bra-age )

ouch.jpg

See the 'bulls-eye' ?

wow that's pretty big!:boxed: i'm sure they'll have good medicine to help you:wink2:....at first i thought that was your leg and was like..."why does she have a bra on her leg":roftl:

Thank you sooo much everyone! and thank you for all the info, it's much appreciated!:huglove:

I can't go to the doctor until tomorrow, I've been like this for almost a week now. It keeps getting worse and my 'bullseye' is so defined and red now. I have a fever, if I'm not freeezing I'm extremely hot. I really hope I haven't waited too long for antibiotics!:thumbdown::no:

Oh jeez, I hope everything will be okay :huglove::flowers2:

Get well soon!