Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

OOOoooOoh, how sweet!!! Thanks for posting!!:punk::wink2:

What's the name of the book? It reminds me of something...

errrrrrm, it's called 'Guess how much I love you' and it's a little bunny and a big bunny and it like has pop up bits.

Anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... Tu voulais pas plutôt dire: c un village pa une ville? lool

Moutier, trust me, ca craint un max (ya franchement pas grand chose à y faire... snif)... M'enfin, au moins, c pas trop loin de la vraie "civilisation" phew:bleh:

mdrrire

nn mai vien chez moi et tu verras ce ki crain le +

ya ke d vieu et d fous ici

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

so here are the main designs discussed:

MAIN DESIGN:

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

and about the How Much Do We Love You, Mika? lettering:

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?

The other ones are very good but the one that I think completes the idea and puts all together is yours, so, there's my choise.

About the lettering, I suggested the idea of drawing it 'cuz like that we all have a chance to really make part of the cover and I still want to!! And I was thinking... it could go a little messy, I like the idea of the circus font, so I ran and search for one that could be our base, so, if we are drawing the letters, we are not going to copy them but we could use them as a guide.

http://www.dafont.com/circus.font

People, I have something for you.

It's not COMPLETLY off topic and it's kinda sweet.

Here goes :

'Then he looked beyond the thorn bushes out into the big dark night. Nothing could be further than the sky. ''I love you right up to the MOON'' he said, and closed his eyes. ''Oh, that's far'' said Big Nutbrown Hare ''That is very very far''. Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him goodnight. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile,''I love you right up to the moon ... AND BACK''. '

It's from a book and it reminds me of the bit that you were talking about putting on the back where the kid says I love you this much and he stretches out his arms.

Really, really gorgeous!!*melts* :wub2:

The other ones are very good but the one that I think completes the idea and puts all together is yours, so, there's my choise.

About the lettering, I suggested the idea of drawing it 'cuz like that we all have a chance to really make part of the cover and I still want to!! And I was thinking... it could go a little messy, I like the idea of the circus font, so I ran and search for one that could be our base, so, if we are drawing the letters, we are not going to copy them but we could use them as a guide.

Had a look at yr font thingie. It does really look circusie (don't think that exists lol) do you have any others ?

Thanks guys! i'm really glad the drawing agreed with what everyone was envisioning! well, like what KaryLovesMika! said, we probably should do a vote or something so that we can properly decide which idea we're sticking to and concentrate our brain juices to the idea : )

so here are the main designs discussed:

MAIN DESIGN:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

just reply back to the thread with your choice, and also don't hesitate to contribute more ideas/sketches! more is always good

-~-

If we are going ahead with the crystal globe idea, i've taken note of your suggestions to improve the design, so that in the event we choose the crystal ball design, then i can do the design properly for you guys :)

and about the How Much Do We Love You, Mika? lettering:

I agree we should all do one letter each, and also someone suggested in a circus type font? i think a good way to standardize is to find a circus-y type font and blow it up in photoshop, then give each letter to one person and then each of us can design the insides of the letter, what do you all think?

Ooooo, that sounds neat. We really love your drawing Guineverer.:thumb_yello:

That lettering is cute!!!!!

thannnx !

just lookin through quickly, I like the one called Carnivalee Freakshow but it's not very circusie ...

I know, I liked a lot that one too! The other one is veeery circusie... but maybe this one could work better in terms of creativity for us.

it does look pretty complicated to do by hand but are we all gonna use the same font ?

I think so, 'cuz if we all do what ever we want without having parameters, it could look bad, don't you think? We use the same font, but the coloring and the ornaments goes with every person, that's my idea.

I think so, 'cuz if we all do what ever we want without having parameters, it could look bad, don't you think? We use the same font, but the coloring and the ornaments goes with every person, that's my idea.

Yeeah, I agree. Then we could all have the same model but like, different personalities. This is gonna be so goood :D

Yup, yup, agree with that :thumb_yello:

yeah exactly! :D

this font:

http://www.fontspace.com/jester-font-studio/ringmaster

was what i was looking for, but yeah, its a little too complicated..

perhaps if we use something like this:

http://www.fontspace.com/lee-gordon/bosox

it'll be easier for us to design it?

yeah exactly! :D

this font:

http://www.fontspace.com/jester-font-studio/ringmaster

was what i was looking for, but yeah, its a little too complicated..

perhaps if we use something like this:

http://www.fontspace.com/lee-gordon/bosox

it'll be easier for us to design it?

Wow, I really like that Circus font!!! Ringmaster is great, but I think it would do a bit too much with the drawings and all that...

The "bosox" one is cool too!:punk:

I have posted that idea before, but do you think it would be possible to work with white for the letters? Given that the rest of the cover will be pretty much colourful? Just tell me what you all think:wink2:

Edit: and of course it would be cool to concretely do the cover by drawing each one or two letters!!!:D

Wow, I really like that Circus font!!! Ringmaster is great, but I think it would do a bit too much with the drawings and all that...

The "bosox" one is cool too!:punk:

I have posted that idea before, but do you think it would be possible to work with white for the letters? Given that the rest of the cover will be pretty much colourful? Just tell me what you all think:wink2:

Edit: and of course it would be cool to concretely do the cover by drawing each one or two letters!!!:D

I thought white would be simple and nice too, something like the style used for amelia's magazine, but since its a group kinda thing, so sharing the letters is a good collab idea too.. i guess we can regulate the designs to be confined to just a few colours so that it'll be simpler, e.g just black and white

I don't understand what you meant by to 'do the cover by drawing each one or two letters'?