Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

Did it took me too long?? :naughty:

This is not my final drawing, but it'll look a lot like this:

Scan1copia.jpg

Oh wow awesome!! Are we allowed to use whatever we want? Like pens, paints, pencils etc.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow awesome!! Are we allowed to use whatever we want? Like pens, paints, pencils etc.

Yup! Crayons, pencils, highlighters, everything... and well... you can see on that drawing the grid from the notebook, so, PLEASE DRAW IT ON WHITE NON-GRIDDED PAPER! 'Cuz it's too hard to remove it in photoshop without compromising your drawing.

Yup! Crayons, pencils, highlighters, everything... and well... you can see on that drawing the grid from the notebook, so, PLEASE DRAW IT ON WHITE NON-GRIDDED PAPER! 'Cuz it's too hard to remove it in photoshop without compromising your drawing.

No problem, woop! I'm so excited :biggrin2:

4. iadoremika [M and ?]

M and the question mark? Cool...I'm excited.

You can download the CARNAVALEE FREAKSHOW font here:

http://www.acidfonts.com/freefonts/carnivalee_freakshow.htm

Click over the name of the font to download it. If someone doesn't know how to install a font, read this:

http://www.myfonts.com/support/help_install_win.html

Oh...I see, that's cool. I thought someone was going to blow it up in Photoshop and then send it to us. Is that still gonna happen?

We haven't decided the colours yet! :no: But you can put the ornaments you want in the letter [as long as they are not too big]

PS: I'm drawing mine, so it can be used as an example.

Okay maybe we can decide a colour(s).

I had suggested purple. And then the Meyer Twins said they liked blue. Then after that I had suggested a lilac purple and a sky blue together. What do you think? Or do you think we should just leave it as black and white?

Did it took me too long?? :naughty:

This is not my final drawing, but it'll look a lot like this:

Scan1copia.jpg

That is so awesome. Great job:wink2:

Okay, just plain white paper...cool:wink2:

Here are a couple of my concerns so far...

1) We should decide on a colour palate soon. That is, if people want colour- or if they just want black and white.

2) I think maybe we should get someone to enlarge the letters in Photoshop. So as they are the same size- I know they will be resized but it still might be a good idea.

3) I think perhaps we should decide on one type of material to use for the letters (if we are doing colour). Just a suggestion but I just think it would be better...

What do you think?

Oh...I see, that's cool. I thought someone was going to blow it up in Photoshop and then send it to us. Is that still gonna happen?

Okay maybe we can decide a colour(s).

I had suggested purple. And then the Meyer Twins said they liked blue. Then after that I had suggested a lilac purple and a sky blue together. What do you think? Or do you think we should just leave it as black and white?

That is so awesome. Great job:wink2:

Okay, just plain white paper...cool:wink2:

1) We should decide on a colour palate soon. That is, if people want colour- or if they just want black and white.

2) I think maybe we should get someone to enlarge the letters in Photoshop. So as they are the same size- I know they will be resized but it still might be a good idea.

3) I think perhaps we should decide on one type of material to use for the letters (if we are doing colour). Just a suggestion but I just think it would be better...

What do you think?

I agree with the first 2.. don't know if I agree with the second yet.. maybe not everyone will have the same materials? And colours... well.. depending if we're doing black and white or a certain colour.

Yup!! :naughty:

What do you think?

1. I think we can play with colours, my choises are: magentas, purples and blues. They don't look bad in my drawing... do they?

2. That's gonna be done, anyone hasn't volunteered yet for that job, so, I volunteer.

3. I'm not sure of that, cuz some people like to use crayons and they do better with crayons than with pens, you know what I mean?? And at the end it won't matter that much 'cuz all the drawings are gonna be enhaced with photoshop.

Yup!! :naughty:

1. I think we can play with colours, my choises are: magentas, purples and blues. They don't look bad in my drawing... do they?

2. That's gonna be done, anyone hasn't volunteered yet for that job, so, I volunteer.

3. I'm not sure of that, cuz some people like to use crayons and they do better with crayons than with pens, you know what I mean?? And at the end it won't matter that much 'cuz all the drawings are gonna be enhaced with photoshop.

1) Magentas, purples and blues...I like:wink2: They looked great in your drawing---I was just unsure if people prefered just plain black and white. I am open to both black/white or colour.

2) Okay cool.

3) Ooops, yeah I forgot about that:wink2:

I agree with the first 2.. don't know if I agree with the second yet.. maybe not everyone will have the same materials? And colours... well.. depending if we're doing black and white or a certain colour.

That is true- and Kary says it can be edited in Photoshop- something I fogot about hehe Ooops

That is true- and Kary says it can be edited in Photoshop- something I fogot about hehe Ooops

Yup, thank God for Photoshop :punk:

I'm off now girls!! I hope all the people involved in this proyect logs in an decide soon everything that is related to the letterings!!

Good night Danika and Louise!

:huglove:

Night night! Sweet dreams :wub2:

I'm off now girls!! I hope all the people involved in this proyect logs in an decide soon everything that is related to the letterings!!

Good night Danika and Louise!

:huglove:

Night night:bye:

Yup, thank God for Photoshop :punk:

So true, so true:wink2:

hmm, guys, i think we really shouldn't digress too much in here, because its difficult for people to catch up with the number of pages extending on and on, so back to the main topic, have we decided officially on the design yet? this is crucial, because what we choose eventually will affect the main theme of the layout pages as well, so we have to decide fast

Seeing how the original 'poll' was buried under all the updates, here's the 'poll' again:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

-~-

...from what i've been following on the thread, most of us are going with no.2 right? do you think we should finalise that decision? i know there was a dateline for this, which is i think next week, but i think we should decide now

-~-

and someone posted a whole bunch of fonts in the thread earlier, do you mind posting them all at one shot again so we can vote on which font to use?

YAY I'm excited too :D

I vote number 2 as well...

Cool! So, Carnavalee it is! :punk:

Here's the official list of the people working here:

1. Ankmet 20
  2. Mozarella
  3. englishrose
  4. iadoremika
  5. MikaL00v3
  6. Marianne84
  7. Guineverer
  8. KaryLovesMika!
  9. Emerald
  10. Meyer Twins
  11. Lovelove mika
  12. Daydreambeliever

13 people. And there are 18 letter in

HOW MUCH DO WE LOVE YOU

Since an account has two ladies [The Mayer Twins] it think it would be fair if each one do one letter. So, doing that, we have 5 more letter without drawer... who wants to do 2 letters?? And what letter everyone wants to do??

I'd quite like the Y, and I can do two letters.

I don't mean to be a pain, but I noticed Louise had been given the ? and another letter (I forget, sorry :P), but wasn't it agreed that the people doing 2 letters would be doing an O and the letter of their choice? It just doesn't seem that fair otherwise :wink2:

I don't mean to be a pain, but I noticed Louise had been given the ? and another letter (I forget, sorry :P), but wasn't it agreed that the people doing 2 letters would be doing an O and the letter of their choice? It just doesn't seem that fair otherwise :wink2:

Oh I'm really sorry I upset you.

Kary decided that the phrase (How Much Do We Love You) needs a question mark at the end for grammar purposes. So I volunteered for it but my intention wasn't to make anyone mad by doing that.

I'm back... couldn't sleep.

Oh, I'm sorry englishrose, I totally forgot about that. As Louise said, the question mark was a thing that came up from nowhere and since she was the one that saw that it was missing, we agreed on giving her the question mark, but if you want to do it, I'm guessing there's not gonna be a problem with Louise!!

OMG!!! We're gone for an afternoon and this thread moves sooooo fast!!!! Okay you put us down for 1 letter a piece. So that's cool. Thanks for that. We'd really like to have an H and M, but those are kinda popular, especially the M. I guess we liked them because they are our initials but we are fine with anything. Also wouldn't mind the L or the ?

Woohoo, we are really moving along with this. Like the magenta's and blues and purples.

We were gone for the afternoon for our early b-day party. Had a b-day cake with Mika on it!!!!!

OMG!!! We're gone for an afternoon and this thread moves sooooo fast!!!! Okay you put us down for 1 letter a piece. So that's cool. Thanks for that. We'd really like to have an H and M, but those are kinda popular, especially the M. I guess we liked them because they are our initials but we are fine with anything. Also wouldn't mind the L or the ?

Woohoo, we are really moving along with this. Like the magenta's and blues and purples.

We were gone for the afternoon for our early b-day party. Had a b-day cake with Mika on it!!!!!

It was the right thing to do!! :biggrin2: You are twins, but you two should probbably would like to do different things! Or am I wrong??

Well, the M and the H are already taken! The L is free... so, what other letter do you want??

1. Ankmet 20

2. Mozarella

3. englishrose

4. iadoremika [M and ?] (Under observation :naughty:)

5. MikaL00v3

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald

10. Meyer Twins [L and V]

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever

13. hotdlp [H]

hmm, guys, i think we really shouldn't digress too much in here, because its difficult for people to catch up with the number of pages extending on and on, so back to the main topic, have we decided officially on the design yet? this is crucial, because what we choose eventually will affect the main theme of the layout pages as well, so we have to decide fast

Seeing how the original 'poll' was buried under all the updates, here's the 'poll' again:

1.Globe, arms going around globe, explosion of confetti, words, things(e.g chicken, hearts, monsters...)e.g:

hmdwlycovermp7kg0.jpg

OR

2.boy holding a crystal ball, INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness.e.g:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

lastscanvk4.jpg

OR

3.drawing of a person with his/her arms stretched out with the globe design on the person's t-shirt OR

4.explosion of a pinata instead of a globe, with confetti bursting out of it OR

5.incorporating a drawing of an umbrella and raindrops into the bursting globe design, e.g:

mikacovercopieog1.jpg

-~-

...from what i've been following on the thread, most of us are going with no.2 right? do you think we should finalise that decision? i know there was a dateline for this, which is i think next week, but i think we should decide now

-~-

and someone posted a whole bunch of fonts in the thread earlier, do you mind posting them all at one shot again so we can vote on which font to use?

YAY I'm excited too :D

Okay, I'm not involved in the cover art (Even though I would love to if you don't have too many people or need help, just let me know if I can do any letters or anything haha), but I just wanted to say that number 2 is amazing!!!!!!!

:wink2::thumb_yello: haha

Oh I'm really sorry I upset you.

Kary decided that the phrase (How Much Do We Love You) needs a question mark at the end for grammar purposes. So I volunteered for it but my intention wasn't to make anyone mad by doing that.

Noooo, I wasn't upset!!

Well, OK, I was faintly annoyed but I was in a bad mood :roftl:

I really don't mind, though. But maybe for all intents and purposes we should leave it under probation since not everyone participating has signed up for their letters yet, and the good ones are going pretty quickly :naughty:

1. Ankmet 20

2. Mozarella

3. englishrose

5. MikaL00v3

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever

13. hotdlp [H]

Darn, the Y's gone...*writes How Much Do We Love You to see what ones are left*

Errrrrrrr....can I have either an H or an E? Shoot, I can't decide...come back to me :bleh:

Awwwww!! I'm sorry!! :huglove: I copied/pasted from the yearbook thread!!

So!!

1. Ankmet 20

2. Mozarella

3. englishrose

4. iadoremika [M and ?]

5. MikaL00v3

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald

10. Meyer Twins

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever

13. hotdlp

i hope it's not too late to join the cover art team! i'll sign up in the yearbook thread. if there's a letter left please let me know so that i can join in:thumb_yello:

1. Ankmet 20

2. Mozarella

3. englishrose

5. MikaL00v3

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever

13. hotdlp [H]

I will take two Os then, since there are so many Os, and people don't seem to like the letter O that much.. :bleh:

after we have assigned letters, we have to think about the admin stuff e.g: opening up the font in photoshop and standardizing the font size and then placing each letter on a jpeg image such that you guys can either:

1. edit them in photoshop

2. print it out, design in by hand, then scan it back in - but this might affect the font size a little...

I think one person should do the standardizing so that there wouldn't be weird font sizes due to different programmes used.

and about the colours used, i think we should keep it really simple so that when put together, the fonts don't clash with the design, and its still readable.

so lets just keep it at four colours? what do you think?

Noooo, I wasn't upset!!

Well, OK, I was faintly annoyed but I was in a bad mood :roftl:

I really don't mind, though. But maybe for all intents and purposes we should leave it under probation since not everyone participating has signed up for their letters yet, and the good ones are going pretty quickly

It's already under observation! :bleh: It's the fair thing to do, and again, excuse us.

Darn, the Y's gone...*writes How Much Do We Love You to see what ones are left*

Errrrrrrr....can I have either an H or an E? Shoot, I can't decide...come back to me

Does it matters in which word are the H or the E located??

i hope it's not too late to join the cover art team! i'll sign up in the yearbook thread. if there's a letter left please let me know so that i can join in:thumb_yello:

Feel free to join us!

I will take two Os then, since there are so many Os, and people don't seem to like the letter O that much.. :bleh:

after we have assigned letters, we have to think about the admin stuff e.g: opening up the font in photoshop and standardizing the font size and then placing each letter on a jpeg image such that you guys can either:

1. edit them in photoshop

2. print it out, design in by hand, then scan it back in - but this might affect the font size a little...

I think one person should do the standardizing so that there wouldn't be weird font sizes due to different programmes used.

and about the colours used, i think we should keep it really simple so that when put together, the fonts don't clash with the design, and its still readable.

so lets just keep it at four colours? what do you think?

Ok, so, the O is for you!

Yesterday we talked about what your saying, I volunteered for organizing the letters in photoshop and making them look the same size. I don't know what method do you guys wanna use, but what I did was looking at the word in my screen and trying to replicated it as accurated as I could (Yesterday I sketched one as an example)

Scan1copia-1.jpg

W.jpg

And about the colours, I sugested working with shades of magentas, purples and blues.

Assigned Letters So Far:

1. Ankmet 20

2. Mozarella

3. englishrose [E]

4. iadoremika [M and ?] (Under observation )

5. MikaL00v3

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer [O]

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever

13. hotdlp [H]

14. findingmywords

15. Louiza

People keeps joinging us! Seems that at the end, no one is doing two letters! :naughty: