Street Gypsies, Please Help!

Pam Travers

Every year the Roma celebrate and worship their patron saint, Saint Sarah, also known as Sara-la-Kali (Sara the black) in the coastal village of Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer in the Camargue region of the Provence, Southern France.

This traditional and colourful Gypsy pilgrimage is one of the major events on the Provence and Camargue calendar, and takes place on in May 2008.

UNFORTUNATELY since may this year the gypsies have been forbidden to play music in the streets!!!

But you can really show your indignation and support by signing this petition to reintroduce music in the streets for the 2009 edition of the festival

please this is a very important cause, dont let street music die!!

"Preserve The Music at Saintes Maries de la mer"

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stsara09?e

19aujp.jpg2n7jc0j.jpg

296hd9w.jpg

nl8q35.jpg

2ij66mw.jpg

SUPPORT DPM

Alternative Sentencing for Graffiti Artists

petition: http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/graffiti-artists.html

Published by Gedi G on Jul 21, 2008

Category: Justice

Region: United Kingdom

Target: Ministry of Justice / Court of Appeal / House of Lords

Web site: http://www.myspace.com/supportdpm

Description/History:

The aim is to show support for a group of friends that have been incarcerated for graffiti and to express discontent with the policy of imprisoning people that paint graffiti.

In a society where 'street/urban art' is exhibited on the walls of The Tate Modern, London and sold in auction halls around the world the messages are mixed.

Alternative sentencing for the "crime" of graffiti would be far more constructive. Those who are caught, prosecuted and sentenced could give far more back to society through community service, fines and various other means. Alternative sentencing could also save the tax payer the large amount of money that is spent on keeping convicts in prison.

When the only real issue with graffiti artists is the amount of money it costs to clean up their work. Why is the government so happy to spend even more on keeping these artists in prison?

Petition:

We, the undersigned, wish to express our discontent with the incarceration of graffiti artists.

We believe alternative sentencing would provide a far more constructive method of punishment, particularly in the case of Ziggy Grudzinskas, Andrew Gillman, Slav Zinoviev, Matthew Pease and Paul Stewart.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at this very moment this forum has 11, 162 members (of course all are not active anymore but still...)

SO thank you very much to the 3 members who care and believe in music and supported it and the gypsies, because im sure that that petition can and will lift the ban, i fermly believe that, i must admit that i thought more people would sign it since mika is a sort of a gypsy too, thought more people would feel concerned but nevermind, the three of you were and thats all that matters, really, thank you again!!

:tears: i don't have a paypal account nor any money to put in it. i'm sorry or else i would! i really hope the petition works....

best of luck!:wink2:

its totally free, they show you the board where you can pay but you dont have to, all you need to do is to give your email address, you can even remain anonymous and if you dont want to comment you dont even have to, so... its in your hands now...

PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ITS TOTALLY FREE!!! it will take you like 16 seconds!!

its totally free, they show you the board where you can pay but you dont have to, all you need to do is to give your email address, you can even remain anonymous and if you dont want to comment you dont even have to, so... its in your hands now...

PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ITS TOTALLY FREE!!! it will take you like 16 seconds!!

oh i figured it out...cool signed up:bleh:

I suppose this thread only waited to be brought to the attention of many people as possible...or you don't care about glocal events? :ap_rosetinted:

anything for freedom music and folks! :kaf:

this thread was actually waiting for you :)

you know this is probably one of the most beautiful events on earth and it shocked me no one cared, maybe i should have posted pictures of the gypsies in grey underwears or sthg, go figure.

maybe this thread should be dedicated to petitions regarding artists facing injustice problems, i know it doesnt bring much people but 1 signer+ 1 signer+ 1 signer = the world

so there is this bunch of blokes from england who have been arrested and sentenced to 12 months of custody jail and unpaid work because THEY MADE SOME GRAFFITIS, if you want to support them search for supportDPM on myspace and facebook and if you feel like a pirate you can even sign the petition, the guy who created the group said that he spoke to the people in charge and that the petition would actually change something...as they say in a world where they put graffitis in the tate museum you cant arrest people for that!! sooner or later they will catch banksy and put him in jail you ll see!!

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/graffiti-artists.html