The Vegetarian Thread!

MIKA_OBESSED

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, hello then :naughty:. Any vegetarian recipies to share :original:?

Hello lol.:naughty:

Linda McCartney's Cook book's have fantastic recipes.The first one I made were Red Enchilada's which had veggie burger,cheese,onions,and black olives.It's delicous and definatley a good first veggie food to make.:thumb_yello:

If anyone wants a link to the recipe I have it.For more you can Google 'Linda McCartney food'. :wink2:

If anyone is scared to try their first veggie meal, something to try is to make something that requires meat, but then substitute Morningstar crumbles or something similar. My boyfriend and I love to buy Hamburger Helper and prepare it with Morningstar Crumbles. It's delicious and works out exactly the same ration wise! (hamburger helper requires one pound or ground beef, one bag of Morningstar Crumbles=one pound!)

Hello lol.:naughty:

Linda McCartney's Cook book's have fantastic recipes.The first one I made were Red Enchilada's which had veggie burger,cheese,onions,and black olives.It's delicous and definatley a good first veggie food to make.:thumb_yello:

If anyone wants a link to the recipe I have it.For more you can Google 'Linda McCartney food'. :wink2:

Thank you. I would like a link to the recipe, shall I pm you for that? I might consider Linda's book also. I am not a starting veggie, been a veggie for years but I always buy the standard things you can buy in the shop (tofu, veggie burgers etc.) since I am not the type who likes to cook for hours. It would be nice to surprise someone (and myself) with something new :original:.

• 9 months later...
Thank you. I would like a link to the recipe, shall I pm you for that? I might consider Linda's book also. I am not a starting veggie, been a veggie for years but I always buy the standard things you can buy in the shop (tofu, veggie burgers etc.) since I am not the type who likes to cook for hours. It would be nice to surprise someone (and myself) with something new :original:.

You can't surprise yourself, don't be ridiculous :naughty:

Wowww, I just realised how old this thread is :naughty:

But for another, any time I wanted to eat meat, I'd ask myself "is my desire to taste meat worth the painful death of an animal that's necessary for me to eat it? Am I willing to say that an animal's life is worth less than my food craving?"

And so far the answer has always been "no." :bleh:

Haha, that's exactly how I became vegetarian, there is a quote somewhere almost exactly like that, and I was just reading a list of quotes about veganism one day and when I read that one I was suddenly like "okay, think I won't eat meat anymore" :naughty: