Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

One of my questions is not likely to be answered :roftl: But who knows... hope dies last, they say... he could make me the happiest person answering it, though... :wub2:

The other one is not very original, hence more likely to get a reply .... if there'll be replies to anything :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my questions is not likely to be answered :roftl: But who knows... hope dies last, they say... he could make me the happiest person answering it, though... :wub2:

The other one is not very original, hence more likely to get a reply .... if there'll be replies to anything :mf_rosetinted:

Of course now I have to ask you what your questions were :naughty:

One of my questions is not likely to be answered :roftl:

ok you no how its like on the n et and stuff and how easily we take things persnoally, how paranoid it is etc. so as you guys dont like me i know your going to tell me wat you really think

i think he did answer one of mine

which was

did you notice taht the sentence in the bukowski note was a performative

and now

fad9qh.png

which is also a performative

so wat you think?

if its the answer, well theidiot is kind of clever

Now I officially don't get the context :roftl:

What time is it in LA? 4:40 pm?

Time for a blog maybe? :wink2:

Sorry :roftl:

Hmm how to explain this...it's be like me saying....ok nevermind I can't think of an example :lol3:

Maybe something like "I should put this in the fridge before it goes bad" and while you're saying that, the food has already gone bad...

I have a feeling I'm totally wrong haha

Yes, 4:41pm now....come on Mika..

Hmm how to explain this...it's be like me saying....ok nevermind I can't think of an example :lol3:

Maybe something like "I should put this in the fridge before it goes bad" and while you're saying that, the food has already gone bad...

Yes, 4:41pm now....come on Mika..

Ah, so the note could be performative in a way for Mika to think while he's writing it, the girl might draw itself... :naughty: ... interesting, and with a philosophical twist :lol3:

Like in Michael Ende's 'Neverending Story', where the old man in the mountain (or on a mountain?) writes down what happens in the very moment and thus makes it happen...

yes you are.

imagine you are a fairy or a witch and you say: this food is going to turn bad right now and the food actually turns bad because you are a fairy then your sentence would be performative but of course performativity has many ways....

a simple expl from wiki: Performativity is a concept that is related to [speech act] theory, to the [pragmatics] of language, and to the work of [John L. Austin] . It accounts for situations where a proposition may constitute or instantiate the object to which it is meant to refer, as in so-called "

so wat do you think?

ps im sorry i asked you...now, really

yes you are.

imagine you are a fairy or a witch and you say: this food is going to turn bad right now and the food actually turns bad because you are a fairy then your sentence would be performative but of course performativity has many ways....

a simple expl from wiki: Performativity is a concept that is related to [speech act] theory, to the [pragmatics] of language, and to the work of [John L. Austin] . It accounts for situations where a proposition may constitute or instantiate the object to which it is meant to refer, as in so-called "

so wat do you think?

Ohhh, so would it be like saying "That ball is going to drop." and then it falls...?

Oh. Do you have anymore examples? I'm just trying to understand it better.

i have plenty, but do you think he did it on purpose?

look the bukowski is performative because the words he writes DO keep him from madness in real...its a very clever one

or a priest who tells two people , you are now husband and wife, after he said it well they are, their status is different, the words he said changed things in real

i have plenty, but do you think he did it on purpose?

look the bukowski is performative because the words he writes DO keep him from madness in real...its a very clever one

or a priest who tells two people , you are now husband and wife, after he said it well they are, their status is different, the words he said changed things in real

Oh ok I get it now, thanks.

Wouldn't Mika's only be performative if you know for certain that they started with a girl?

I never even would've made the connection, so now I'm interested.

You have a better grasp of English than I do Pam.

I still don't really understand - but it's late here!!

dont make fun please im trying to xplain something that would be much easier for me to xplain in french so...

well yes the sentence of mika would only be performative if it would actually happen but its the idea, i mean bukowski wasnt that sane , its just a figure of style you know, we re playing with words so...the fact is that they are going to draw together so if he gives the girl as an idea and she is supposed to draw it...see