Live acts !!

Erroll

ok so in this category, i challenge anyone to suggest any band they have seen that can get even near MIKA live !! i have seen many top acts, and i can honestly say that MIKA at Brixton was the best live set i have ever heard . Suggestions for anything on this planet better ???

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff, I don't know .. better than Mika .. nah .. I don't think you can even compare them, because they are totally different .. But I also love Air Traffic live .. although I've only seen them once, but the fact that I didn't know them before and love them after says enough I guess :wink2:

Forgot to mention that I haven't seen a real show from them, and they're not like Mika .. they just play .. but still good :bleh:

Edited by Guest

I can't say Mika was the best live act I've seen, but it's surely one on my top list. (and it's very difficult to choose, also because of the emotional side...besides the music, seeing one of your fave bands playing live is always fantastic :wub2:)

Scissor Sisters, Nightwish, Bon Jovi, Queen + PR, Rolling Stones,...and Mika, of course (among some others)...

All different, but all so good that I can't choose "THE BEST". :wink2: All I can say is that I absolutely LOVED seeing them all.

Everyone's tastes differ so much, I think it's much too difficult to say who's given better shows than Mika. For me anyway, I would definitely rank Queen, No Doubt/G. Stefani, the Killers, and Rufus Wainwright right alongside Mika as the best live performers. I've seen all of these live and would be hard pushed to say which was the best out of all of them.

But these of course are all my fave musicians, so they may not interest you at all.

Okay here's the deal -------------------------

It is hard to say if one is 'better' then the other -- cause there is no way to compare apples to watermelons *in this case*

For me ~of course it is MIKA and Rufus Wainwright~

MIKA -

Greatest LIVE entertainer, most energy I have ever seen. The MOST fun I have ever had at a concert. SO amazingly talented - and unspeakably beautiful!

but ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rufus Wainwright -

Greatest songwriter on the planet! Shows are NOT 'fun' as in Mika, not participation ..... just sitting there listening to the purest voice outside of a recording studio you could possibly imagine. Mezmerized by his charm, good looks and skills at piano. He leaves you breathless, speechless and aching for more. THEN he gives it to you about 2 hours later outside the stage door. :das:

He truly is one of the MOST generous musicians with his fans that the WORLD has ever seen. JUST another reason to LOVE him all the more!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it!

If you want to have the time of your life - and sing and dance and go wild ..... GO SEE MIKA!

If you want an evening to sit quietly and listen to something that touches your very soul in ways you never drempt possible .... GO SEE RUFUS LIVE. It is life changing!

ok so in this category, i challenge anyone to suggest any band they have seen that can get even near MIKA live !! i have seen many top acts, and i can honestly say that MIKA at Brixton was the best live set i have ever heard . Suggestions for anything on this planet better ???

Paul McCartney. That's all i can say..:bleh:

Mika is extrodinery on stage but Sir Paul at his age still rocks and give such a great enjoyable show.

I saw him live in September and was amazed by him, watching a legend is a once in a lifetime experience, something that i will never forget. :wub2:

The Darkness were always SO awesome live :wub2: but I have to say, even if I don't really listen to Mika anymore, he's a really amazing live artist, I'd go see a Mika gig any day! And I have to mention The Ark, they are just top entertainment BUT with great, deep songs, which is the best mix. But other then that I really love seeing smaller bands in little, smelly venues noone ever heard of, hence my love Stone Gods and The Answer :naughty: