Mika's DVD Mentioned on Afterelton.com

superstar

A small tidbit on PDP DVD on the website "afterelton.com", a news site about gay men in the media.

It says:

MikaLIVE_468x580.img_assist_custom.jpg

If all that weren't enough music, gay-vague musician Mika releases his new live DVD, Mika Live au Parc des Princes. He never quite caught on in the U.S. after the success of his debut single "Grace Kelly," but heaven knows gay music fans are the most steadfast in the world; whether or not he ever breaks out in this country, there will always be a cadre of devoted queer followers here to snatch up his every new release.

Link:

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/alonsoduralde/new-dvds-mamma-mia-dr-horrible-hamlet-2-mika-woman-boys-briefs-5

Just wanted to share. :wub2:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some people need to get their minds out of the rainbow arsed gutter.

I agree.

I mean, gay men can be quite attractive (:naughty:) but that website is a little too disturbing. I'd hate to see who visits it frequently...:blink:

A small tidbit on PDP DVD on the website "afterelton.com", a news site about gay men in the media.

It says:

MikaLIVE_468x580.img_assist_custom.jpg

If all that weren't enough music, gay-vague musician Mika releases his new live DVD, Mika Live au Parc des Princes. He never quite caught on in the U.S. after the success of his debut single "Grace Kelly," but heaven knows gay music fans are the most steadfast in the world; whether or not he ever breaks out in this country, there will always be a cadre of devoted queer followers here to snatch up his every new release.

Link:

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/alonsoduralde/new-dvds-mamma-mia-dr-horrible-hamlet-2-mika-woman-boys-briefs-5

Is that supposed to be a pro-gay website? If it is, I'd hate to see an anti-gay site! That piece of writing is a disgrace! Mika's music isn't gay, and whatever sexuality Mika is, should be his business and no one else's! It's his music that's important, and his music is awesome!! Mika deserves much more respect than he seems to get! I'm longing for the day when everyone realises what a treasure he is!

Mika:glasses2:

teeee heeeeeee :roftl:

"gay vague".... :blink::naughty:

I disagree with the definition gay music...

if it ever existed smt called gay music, that's not mika's. NOT cause I think it limits its target, NOT cause there's smt wrong with being gay or being proud of it (I'll try and overlook some of the comments above..), NOT cause I don't wanna label mika and his art, BUT cause mika's music is just good music. ditto. pop music, if ya wanna give it a gender.

thanks for sharing :)

Didn't know what " gay-vague" meant, found these definitions on the net: :blink:

1) "This refers to when you can’t tell if a man is gay or not."

http://www.halfsigma.com/2005/06/gay_vague.html

2) "It seems that gay vague is an advertising term for characters that straight people wouldn't catch onto, but that gays clearly identify as friends of Judy."

http://modernfabulousity.blogspot.com/2005/03/fab-phrase-gay-vague.html

Edited by mari62

Describing Mika's music as "gay" isn't a bad thing in my opinion. As you all might know "gay" doesn't only mean "homosexual" but also things like: cheerful, lively, exuberant, lighthearted (as my dictionary tells me). And I think that discribes Mika's music quite good... So.. ah well.. just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:

And for this article... I think it's good that Mika gets mentioned! But I guess you all agree! :naughty:

TFP

If that is what they really think about M's music, I hope he will never catch on in the States :sneaky2:

He's more than that :wub2:

more than a friend of judy..? :blink:

looove the definition! :naughty:

and nope, jose ole, gay is not a bad thing AT ALL. if it's meant as cheerful or if it's meant as homosexual. :wink2:

more than a friend of judy..? :blink:

:doh::no: Why should gay people like Mika's music? just because he is considered a "gay-vague" musician? I don't think it's fair :sneaky2:

Mika's music is more than that and the gay community likes it because it rocks! :punk:

:kachinga:

But honestly guys,

Do we not find it a BIT weir that I know Mika's height, weight, birthday, hometown, and all of his family member's names,

but I don't know his orientation?

That spells out g-a-y or b-i.

No, we don't. Because we don't care :glasses2:

Describing Mika's music as "gay" isn't a bad thing in my opinion. As you all might know "gay" doesn't only mean "homosexual" but also things like: cheerful, lively, exuberant, lighthearted (as my dictionary tells me). And I think that discribes Mika's music quite good... So.. ah well.. just my opinion :blush-anim-

José! how dare you disagree with me!:shocked:

there goes your chocolate covered cookies :mf_rosetinted:

lol. i see where you're coming from and i agree :thumb_yello:

but they made it sound like only gay ppl listen to his music and i just didn't like the way they write.. i dunno maybe just me..

:doh Why should gay people like Mika's music? just because he is considered a "gay-vague" musician? I don't think it's fair

Mika's music is more than that and the gay community likes it because it rocks! :punk:

true!

:doh::no: Why should gay people like Mika's music? just because he is considered a "gay-vague" musician? I don't think it's fair :sneaky2:

:kachinga:

could it be the gay community likes it also cause our boy's looks are not exactly hurting the eyes...? :roftl:

But honestly guys,

Do we not find it a BIT weir that I know Mika's height, weight, birthday, hometown, and all of his family member's names,

but I don't know his orientation?

That spells out g-a-y or b-i.

:fisch:

no press release, but everyone's got their own idea, I guess. but that's not the point here, I agree with dilek.

and nope, jose ole, gay is not a bad thing AT ALL. if it's meant as cheerful or if it's meant as homosexual. :wink:

You are right.. and in this context they are probably referring to the "homosexual" gay... But if anyone says that Mika's music is gay, we can just agree with that person.. :naughty:

José! how dare you disagree with me!:shocked:

there goes your chocolate covered cookies :mf_rosetinted:

lol. i see where you're coming from and i agree :thumb_yello:

but they made it sound like only gay ppl listen to his music and i just didn't like the way they write.. i dunno maybe just me..

Haha sorry Dilek :bow::naughty:

I think (hope) they mean that it's music gays would like to listen, because it's so cheerful and colourful... And if they really mean that only gay people listen to his music they should come to the fanclub! Vewy vewy much hetrosexuals here! :naughty:

I wouldn't like him anyless if he was gay, but I do want to know.

you wouldn't but i sure some would:wink2:

it will destroy him in this stage of his carrier because music industry is all about selling stuff to fangurls who wants to be Mrs Penniman someday:mf_rosetinted:

also i prefer him being mentioned with his talent and as far as i'm concerned being gay is not a talent. once he comes out they won't stop talking about it.

Huh, I'm being realstic

I guess the point is a bit more, head out of cloud number 9, he gets critiscized a lot,

perhaps I didn't make myself clear.. I was not saying this is not the point as in lets leave it I don't care it's his biz. I hope he's not gay, or I know he's not or else. :wink2:

I respect he doesn't want to talk about it: it's a free world and he's not hurting me personally not do so. I think this choice doesn't make his life easier anyway, BUT again, it's his life and I totally respect it. like I'd respect someone else's. I may agree or not, but I respect it.

I am not on cloud # 9: sadly i cannot fly, thought I'd very much love to. :naughty:

what i meant is the article is about the fact his music is gay. and I don't think it's, agreeable or not. it's got gay wired lyrics, he performs a flamboyant way and stuff, but IMHO his music is not gay. and that's what i think some people posted re. the line this is not the matter here. :wink2:

You are right.. and in this context they are probably referring to the "homosexual" gay... But if anyone says that Mika's music is gay, we can just agree with that person.. :

Haha sorry Dilek :bow::naughty:

I think (hope) they mean that it's music gays would like to listen, because it's so cheerful and colourful... And if they really mean that only gay people listen to his music they should come to the fanclub! Vewy vewy much hetrosexuals here! :naughty:

you see? people's mind is different. :bleh: that's a positive thing.

perhaps I didn't make myself clear.. I was not saying this is not the point as in lets leave it I don't care it's his biz. I hope he's not gay, or I know he's not or else. :wink2:

I respect he doesn't want to talk about it: it's a free world and he's not hurting me personally not do so. I think this choice doesn't make his life easier anyway, BUT again, it's his life and I totally respect it. like I'd respect someone else's. I may agree or not, but I respect it.

I am not on cloud # 9: sadly i cannot fly, thought I'd very much love to. :naughty:

what i meant is the article is about the fact his music is gay. and I don't think it's, agreeable or not. it's got gay wired lyrics, he performs a flamboyant way and stuff, but IMHO his music is not gay. and that's what i think some people posted re. the line this is not the matter here. :wink2:

you see? people's mind is different. :bleh: that's a positive thing.

I don't think you grasp what that saying means :naughty:

Well, potatoe potato. His music isn't gay to me either. *shrug*