Figure Skating

Lots of people here .. anyone that loves/watches it?

I do :mf_rosetinted:

Basically I just LOVE Brian Joubert :blush-anim-cl:

(and Kevin van der Perren too, but that's mainly because he's from my country :naughty:).

Men's European Championships ended yesterday, Brian gold! :biggrin2: (Kevin bronze!!)

This is his short program, you just NEED to watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5eSRZ6s30&feature=related

Music is Safri Duo - Rise

If you are interested, this is his long program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5eSRZ6s30&feature=related

Music from The Matrix

And .. from early December, the gala ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfMa4VMOyQ8

(my favorite part is from around 6.00 minutes, but the rest looks good too :wink2:).

And a picture ...

JB022.jpg

Or maybe 2 ... :P

9821299_1180709433.jpg

Anyone that shares my passion?

Or maybe other riders that you like? Pairs, Ice Dancers, Woman? Let me know!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did watch it yesterday! Brian Jouber is definitely fantastic and I was positively surprised that it was the end of the Russian domination. I always preferred the French/Italian style.

We had a fantastic couple Dorota Zagorska/Mariusz Siudek a few years ago and now they run a figure scating school for children in my hometown!!!! I might consider having children just for the sake of signing them up to that school:roftl:

And I myself loooooooove scating and have many possibilities in winter!!! Great sport, I recommend to everyone!

Nice!

I must say that Plushenko was my all time favorite .. but Joubert at the moment .. wauw! :shocked: His short program now was so great! And I loved his long program! Much better than the thing he did in the Cup Or Russia :blink: So glad he has changed it :naughty:

I was a fan in 1997 when Alexei Yagudin was the big name. I loved everything about what he did.

Then, there was all that arguing over rules and scoring and changing the judging, so I just gave up on it.

Still, it's always good to see someone do something beautiful on ice.

Ow, I started to watch it around the time that Yagudin was stopping, I've seen him one year I think (means European & World Championships because they don't show much else :bleh:). And then Plushenko came .... (he already was there, but he started to get big after Yagudin had stopped :wink2:).

And I loved Plushenko! :biggrin2:

And then Joubert came .. and he was nice but nothing like Plushenko .. But I must admit that the last thing I've seen from him .. yes, he's getting there .. (of course they're 2 different people & skaters, but Joubert is improved A LOT).

Oh...he is good!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

I'm a real oldling - I liked John Curry (Olyimpic, World & European champion 1976)and Robin Cousins (ditto1980)

i haven't watched ice skating for years :blush-anim-cl:

Aaaaaaaw ... In one of the videos (think the last one) they're talking about Curry .. but I must say that it's before my time :blush-anim-cl:, I wasn't even born .. :roftl: So I don't know those guys.. sorry..

Aaaaaaaw ... In one of the videos (think the last one) they're talking about Curry .. but I must say that it's before my time :blush-anim-cl:, I wasn't even born .. :roftl: So I don't know those guys.. sorry..

This is Curry at the olympics in 1976. Technically, I think the sport has moved on a lot since then, but Curry was technically as good as anyone in his day and his artistry was unique - the others just strung things together, Curry choreographed to the music, as if he was a ballet dancer - and changed the sport:thumb_yello:

He wanted to be a ballet dancer but his dad wouldn't let him :thumb_yello:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-utXsdR9CQ

I love ice skating I watched Brian's performace on ice 2 days ago !

He is the master of the ice what can I say :biggrin2:

Yesterday I watched Ice Dancing it was wonderful !I loved the Russians,The French (who had a circus theme :wub2:) and the Kerr brothers most

I think Russians and French are best at skating they are very talented !:wink2:

Jeeej! :biggrin2:

I haven't seen the ice dancing (or anything apart from the men, and the men also only the last group) this year .. I usually watch it (or it's on tv while sitting at my computer orso) but I have no time anymore .. :roftl:

:drool: joins the thread. i didn't see it until now.

i like brian joubert too but here's this guy that has a promising start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueN6DWgOT1E adrian schultheiss.:wub2: i really like him.

i'm into skating, but i'm no good :no: i just managed to do some spins, and after a few tries, there was one that seemed awesome but my bum ended up on ice (ouch) :naughty: but this is the sport i loved since i was 4, and my ice-skating "hero" will always be surya bonaly :wub2:

:drool: joins the thread. i didn't see it until now.

i like brian joubert too but here's this guy that has a promising start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueN6DWgOT1E adrian schultheiss.:wub2: i really like him.

i'm into skating, but i'm no good :no: i just managed to do some spins, and after a few tries, there was one that seemed awesome but my bum ended up on ice (ouch) :naughty: but this is the sport i loved since i was 4, and my ice-skating "hero" will always be surya bonaly :wub2:

He is from Sweden!:thumb_yello: