Burlesque, pin up, showgirl, Cabaret and vaudeville Thread

Lolliepop_girl

Honestly I never pay so much attention to the music of his movies, I’m more visual!

:mf_rosetinted:

Shure we do!:punk:

Johnny-Depp---Edward-Scissorhands--C10103916.jpeg

:wub2:

I have been meaning for look at all my favourite movie people and see who they're working the most with.

So far I've only been looking at Greg Wells :wink2:

What exactly IS the story with Scissorhands?

I thought it was a bit scary because of the young ones who wern't allowed to see it but a friend told me otherwise. Which is correct?

I must say that I do preferJohnny Depp's darker characters (sweeney Todd and the likes) to the pirate type character (Roo from Chocolate and Jack Sparrow). I do like POTC though :D

"I love those moment's (chances to do good) I like to wave at them as they pass by..." :das:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous!

LOL Chikadee, it's not your day is it? :bleh:

In terms of finding pics, no, it's not!

You've never checked out the composers on film scores before? There are some fantastic composers out there, and as someone not really into classical music, I'd have to say that film score for me is the new classical music.

"The Mission" - scored by Ennio Morricone is one of my favourites. Everybody pretty much knows John Williams' score to Star Wars, but he's done a whole bunch of other really well known ones, like Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park for instance... Then there's Howard Shore, who scored Lord of the Rings, amongst other things. Hans Zimmer, who did Gladiator, amongst other things. James Horner, who did Braveheart and Titanic, amongst other things. I could go on and on.... In fact, I wonder if there's already a thread for this?....

Anyway, Tim and Danny have collaborated a lot but they don't work exclusively together. Danny scored for Men In Black, but that was Steven Spielberg directing. But there is something quite distinctive about his music, and I love it. And if you look on IMDb at all the movies Tim's directed, the overwhelming majority are scored by Danny Elfman.

In terms of finding pics, no, it's not!

You've never checked out the composers on film scores before? There are some fantastic composers out there, and as someone not really into classical music, I'd have to say that film score for me is the new classical music.

"The Mission" - scored by Ennio Morricone is one of my favourites. Everybody pretty much knows John Williams' score to Star Wars, but he's done a whole bunch of other really well known ones, like Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park for instance... Then there's Howard Shore, who scored Lord of the Rings, amongst other things. Hans Zimmer, who did Gladiator, amongst other things. James Horner, who did Braveheart and Titanic, amongst other things. I could go on and on.... In fact, I wonder if there's already a thread for this?....

Anyway, Tim and Danny have collaborated a lot but they don't work exclusively together. Danny scored for Men In Black, but that was Steven Spielberg directing. But there is something quite distinctive about his music, and I love it. And if you look on IMDb at all the movies Tim's directed, the overwhelming majority are scored by Danny Elfman.

Well I DO know that Hans Zimmer did the lion king (amongst others :das:)

But yeah, I haven't really looked at them very much.

Just the lion king because I was obsessed with it and lions and all matter of cat handling before I 13 :wink2:

x

Here's the link to the Wikipedia article about him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busby_Berkeley

Back in the Golden Days of Hollywood he staged these huge, elaborate musical numbers with lots of showgirls in gorgeous costumes and with very precise choreography and the girls would make shapes and patterns etc... Just gorgeous!

As soon as I saw the kinds of people you were posting in this thread, I thought of this lady...

Sherilyn Fenn. If I was on Rove and he asked me who I would turn gay for, she would definitely be on my list! (Hope this photo is not too saucy... There were plenty worse!)

Pinup4SherilynFenn.jpg

sherilynfennbig.GIF

Audrey Horne in Twin Peaks. :cheerful_h4h:

Marlene Dietrich

Marlene%20Dietrich%20Songs.jpg

Rita Hayworth

Rita_Hayworth.jpg

rita_hayworth.jpg

:wub2:

Edited by S&M