Our Lady Peace/ Raine Maida

iadoremika

Our Lady Peace is a Canadian band, who is lead by Raine Maida (he's married to fellow Canadian, Chantal Kreviazuk) and he also has a solo career.

-Our Lady Peace-

6a00d83452261669e200e54f3c25078833-.jpg

OLP, the entire band.

VIDEOS

* Innocent

* Superman's Dead

* All You Did Was Save My Life

LINKS

* Our Lady Peace's MySpace

* Our Lady Peace's website 1, website 2

* Our Lady Peace's Youtube channel

* Our Lady Peace's Twitter

-Raine Maida-

raine_lrg.jpgOur_Lady_Peace_Ba1_L060902.jpg

(L: With beard. R: Sans beard.)

VIDEOS

LINKS

* Raine Maida's website

* Raine Maida's MySpace

Edited by iadoremika

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

I love them so much! Found out about them because my dad downloaded some of their stuff along with some other songs he was downloading.. So I listened to it and fell in love.

Whenever I listen to their songs I get nostalgic for my goth days. (Although you're not a true goth when you listen to OLP right? :naughty: )

YES!

I love them so much! Found out about them because my dad downloaded some of their stuff along with some other songs he was downloading.. So I listened to it and fell in love.

Whenever I listen to their songs I get nostalgic for my goth days. (Although you're not a true goth when you listen to OLP right? :naughty: )

Yay! :yay: Love 'em as well!

I wouldn't equate OLP with goths, no. :naughty:

I love Raine Maida, but I could definitely do without Chantal K. :naughty:

Oh that reminds me, I found this great kid on YouTube. He does a lot of covers, including OLP.

I hear ya sista. :naughty:

Pictures. Maybe I should put some, I forgot. :roftl:

That guy is awesome! :eek::thumb_yello:

Today I bought OLP's CD "A Decade". A compliation album of their greatest hits. It also has a song called "Kiss On The Mouth" (which was previously unreleased) and another songs called "Better Than Here" (which was a demo, previously unreleased).

I like it. :thumb_yello:

Our Lady Peace has got to be my all time favorite band!!! :punk:

I have seen them perform only twice but have followed them since they first started!!! They are amazing musicians!!!:band:

Oh and Raine is pretty easy on the eyes too! :mf_lustslow:

A lot of the media cast him as the arrogant guy but to his fans he is awesome!!! At the last performance I saw, he asked if anyone had managed to sneak a camera or a recording device past security...he went up to the second balconcy, grabbed one girls camera and said "We are performing a new song, one that no one has heard and I want you to record it then go home tonight and put it on the internet!!" then sang the song holding her camera, from the second balcony. At that same gig, he left the stage, went up to the third balcony (very small venue, it was awesome!!) and grabbed everyone from the third balcony and pulled them onstage for 2 songs!!! He said they were too far away and felt they would enjoy the show better from there!! What a guy!!:blush-anim-cl:

Our Lady Peace has got to be my all time favorite band!!! :punk:

I have seen them perform only twice but have followed them since they first started!!! They are amazing musicians!!!

1) Oh and Raine is pretty easy on the eyes too! :mf_lustslow:

A lot of the media cast him as the arrogant guy but to his fans he is awesome!!! At the last performance I saw, he asked if anyone had managed to sneak a camera or a recording device past security...he went up to the second balconcy, grabbed one girls camera and 2) said "We are performing a new song, one that no one has heard and I want you to record it then go home tonight and put it on the internet!!" then sang the song holding her camera, from the second balcony. 3) At that same gig, he left the stage, went up to the third balcony (very small venue, it was awesome!!) and grabbed everyone from the third balcony and pulled them onstage for 2 songs!!! He said they were too far away and felt they would enjoy the show better from there!! What a guy!!:blush-anim-cl:

(I inserted numbers in your post, hope you don't mind, to make my reply more coherent).

1) Amen. :mf_rosetinted:

2) How cool?! What song was it? Did it end up on the internet? :naughty:

3) Aahhh that's amazing! Those people (very lucky by the way :naughty:) must've had a blast! :thumb_yello:

these guys are really great!!! Back in 2003 my husband won a contest with Much Music and we got to invite 20 other people to go meet and greet with the guys and also to attend their soundcheck/pizza party. It was a really exciting and memorable experience.

AustinandEmilee1696-1.jpg

AustinandEmilee1697-1.jpg

That's awesome! :jawdrop:

(I inserted numbers in your post, hope you don't mind, to make my reply more coherent).

1) Amen. :mf_rosetinted:

2) How cool?! What song was it? Did it end up on the internet?

3) Aahhh that's amazing! Those people (very lucky by the way :naughty:) must've had a blast! :thumb_yello:

No I don't mind :naughty:

1) Hallelujah :mf_rosetinted:

2)I can't remember the song at all...I was in such a daze staring at him :roftl:

3) The only time in my life I was in the crappy seats for a gig :roftl:

these guys are really great!!! Back in 2003 my husband won a contest with Much Music and we got to invite 20 other people to go meet and greet with the guys and also to attend their soundcheck/pizza party. It was a really exciting and memorable experience.

Right...extremely jealous right now

• 4 weeks later...

A live performance of "Innocent" in...the "more info" says Edmonton.

I love the crowd singing at the end! :original:

The last comment was for the video was, "Our Lady Peace rocks!!! To bad they are from Canada!".

First of all, it would be "too" and not "to". Second of all...excuse me? :sneaky2:

Edited by iadoremika

• 2 weeks later...
A cover of Billy Talent's "Try Honesty".

If you know Billy Talent, you know this sounds very different from the original. :naughty:

That is erm.. different.

I actually like Billy Talent so I'm used to that voice.

I think I prefer the original. :mf_rosetinted:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw the most amazing thing. The Art of Time just did a tribute to Abbey Road and performed the entire album with various vocalists in a tiny theatre. I had a front row seat and Raine Maida's microphone was right in front of me. He did Come Together.

Steven Page and Kevin Hearn from Barenaked Ladies also sang a few songs. It was fantastic.