The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Recording was a lot of fun! The grand piano at the studio was amazing.. I loved it all. I think the song turned out really well, and everyone else's songs sounded great! We probably won't get the CD for another couple of months because they have to mix everything and cut it, etc.. but when I do get it, I'll let you guys have a listen! :wink2:

*goes and collapses into bed*

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recording was a lot of fun! The grand piano at the studio was amazing.. I loved it all. I think the song turned out really well, and everyone else's songs sounded great! We probably won't get the CD for another couple of months because they have to mix everything and cut it, etc.. but when I do get it, I'll let you guys have a listen! :wink2:

:sneaky2: No CD for another couple of months? Who do you think you are - Mika?

But glad you enjoyed the recording session :naughty:

Yep, im entering for sure!!! Already got a few ideas up my sleeve...........just gotta work on tidying up my room :naughty: Could take a while........:teehee:

Haha, that's exactly why I haven't begun my filming too! :naughty:

(Hows everything going Nic? :) )

Yep, im entering for sure!!! Already got a few ideas up my sleeve...........just gotta work on tidying up my room :naughty: Could take a while........:teehee:

Im off to bedskies......Nighty night!

Pretty darn good thanks Sen! I got kicked out for good today! Yayness!

I can't wait to see your video.. at the very least it'll be original!

Oooooh! Can't wait!

Re tickets for gigs - I'm sure they'll arrange some sort of presale for MFC members - they have elsewhere :thumb_yello:

You would think so... places have...

Heya guys,

I've totally missed it. Mika on morning show? Concerts in November? :shocked:

Hey Liz!

I got it all on tape... do you want it on DVD? :das:

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!

That would be sweet if MFC'ers got some kinda tix deal :wink2:

I bet we will... at the very least we should get presale, which works for us...

Haha, that's exactly why I haven't begun my filming too! :naughty:

Ooooooooh! Are yoou doing a video too??? I can't wait to see yours!

:sneaky2: No CD for another couple of months? Who do you think you are - Mika?

But glad you enjoyed the recording session :naughty:

Haha.. If I was Mika it would be more like 24 months. And don't expect me to tour Australia until I'm good and ready! :naughty:

Oooooh! Can't wait!

Me neither! I can't wait to hear all of the other songs as well.

Re tickets for gigs - I'm sure they'll arrange some sort of presale for MFC members - they have elsewhere :thumb_yello:

:boxed: Re: Pre sale ... 'they' have only been able to arrange for a couple of gigs ... I would rather go for pre-sale in the way that we did last time in Oz .. via the ticket seller ... :dunno:

Hello :pinkbow:

Say, does anyone here know where Tomomi is? I'm trying to reach her.

Hi Petra ... :bye: ... Wendi spoke to me earlier & asked for me to tell you that she doesn't know how to get in touch with Tomomi ... :dunno: ...

:boxed: Re: Pre sale ... 'they' have only been able to arrange for a couple of gigs ... I would rather go for pre-sale in the way that we did last time in Oz .. via the ticket seller ... :dunno:

Hi Petra ... :bye: ... Wendi spoke to me earlier & asked for me to tell you that she doesn't know how to get in touch with Tomomi ... :dunno: ...

Ah damn :sad:. I hope I'll have more luck with silver & DarkLight then. Thank you HK & Wendi :pinkbow:!!!

Good to see your'e entering too :P

Good luck and have fun!! :thumb_yello:

Ooooooooh! Are yoou doing a video too??? I can't wait to see yours!

Yeah. I couldn't resist a bit of film work! I also just got a new editor (Sony Vegas Pro v9), and so can't wait to try it out! =D

Recording was a lot of fun! The grand piano at the studio was amazing.. I loved it all. I think the song turned out really well, and everyone else's songs sounded great! We probably won't get the CD for another couple of months because they have to mix everything and cut it, etc.. but when I do get it, I'll let you guys have a listen!

Awesome!

Hello :pinkbow:

Say, does anyone here know where Tomomi is? I'm trying to reach her.

I have her on msn, you could try sending an email to that account, do you have it? And what do you want to contact her about? I guess there's her actual address?

I had a lot more MQed but apparently it all dissapeared. Sen and EJ, you should totally enter. I had a crazy idea, but lots of people would need to do it for it to be worth while - if a whole bunch of us aussies did it together and it cut between us. Would that be allowed? I would do it if it was like that, and then it would be like we just want a show in Australia. Actually, with the competition is it that you get a show plus meet and greet or just a meet and greet at the next planned show?

Today was halfway day for the 3rd years at uni and it was well fun. This weekend I am working so nooo internet, but I will bring my laptop to my dad's house and have my SWN videos uploading so keep an eye out on my youtube if you please.

Awesome!

I had a lot more MQed but apparently it all dissapeared. Sen and EJ, you should totally enter. I had a crazy idea, but lots of people would need to do it for it to be worth while - if a whole bunch of us aussies did it together and it cut between us. Would that be allowed? I would do it if it was like that, and then it would be like we just want a show in Australia. Actually, with the competition is it that you get a show plus meet and greet or just a meet and greet at the next planned show?

Heya! I looked up the competition details and it said this:

'The top 5 (personally chosen by Mika) will get to attend a meet-and-greet with Mika himself at a live show in their home country.'

I think it means when he comes and does the next show in the country of the winner, you get to meet n greet Meeks at the end of the show. But how awesome would it be if you got to win your own live show in your home-town :mf_lustslow: That'd be frikkin awesome!!!

It'd be OMG THE BEST THING EVER to win, but i'd be so nervous and stutter and make an arse of myself in front of him :aah:

I reckon it'd be worth a try if those who arent interested in making your own video, try and work on a group video. Ya gotta be in it to win it i say!!! Plus we so need an aussie to be one of the winners :P

Bonzaboy: All i have at the moment to work with is a scabby editing programme that came with my dad's camera, and windows movie maker :naughty: Am hoping my bro can hook me up with a better programme soon!!! But we have til the 20th september, which is gooood!

Oh and MFC not work for anyone this morning?? It came up on mine that the site was moving or something??? Weird! :blink:

Just re-read the competition details AGAIN and found this part on mikasounds:

**Your video can feature more than one fan but it can only be entered once, and only the fan whose profile it is added to will get the Mika’s Magic Numbers points.**

and:

**There will be five winners chosen, and they’ll all win a meet & greet with Mika at a show in their home country on his forthcoming tour.**

And it sucks about this:

**It’s not possible to download the full track, we suggest you play the full length video from http://www.mikasounds.com and film you, your friends or you and your friends dancing along.**

I was kinda hoping his song would be available to use, instead of only having a recording playing off the computer :( Ah well!!

Heya! I looked up the competition details and it said this:

'The top 5 (personally chosen by Mika) will get to attend a meet-and-greet with Mika himself at a live show in their home country.'

I think it means when he comes and does the next show in the country of the winner, you get to meet n greet Meeks at the end of the show. But how awesome would it be if you got to win your own live show in your home-town :mf_lustslow: That'd be frikkin awesome!!!

It'd be OMG THE BEST THING EVER to win, but i'd be so nervous and stutter and make an arse of myself in front of him :aah:

I reckon it'd be worth a try if those who arent interested in making your own video, try and work on a group video. Ya gotta be in it to win it i say!!! Plus we so need an aussie to be one of the winners :P

Bonzaboy: All i have at the moment to work with is a scabby editing programme that came with my dad's camera, and windows movie maker :naughty: Am hoping my bro can hook me up with a better programme soon!!! But we have til the 20th september, which is gooood!

Oh and MFC not work for anyone this morning?? It came up on mine that the site was moving or something??? Weird! :blink:

WMM isn't that bad, if you know what you're doing with it. Feel free to msg me if you need any help. Absolutely an Aussie needs to be one of the winners!

The forum was down because they were changing over to a new server. This one is supposed to be just for our forum, will run alot faster and crash less when we have an influx of members online at once. =]

Just re-read the competition details AGAIN and found this part on mikasounds:

**Your video can feature more than one fan but it can only be entered once, and only the fan whose profile it is added to will get the Mika’s Magic Numbers points.**

and:

**There will be five winners chosen, and they’ll all win a meet & greet with Mika at a show in their home country on his forthcoming tour.**

And it sucks about this:

**It’s not possible to download the full track, we suggest you play the full length video from www.mikasounds.com and film you, your friends or you and your friends dancing along.**

I was kinda hoping his song would be available to use, instead of only having a recording playing off the computer :( Ah well!!

I ever expected him to have the song available for us to download and use, but I've ripped the track from the video for use in the vid. I'll PM it to you if you want it. =]

WMM isn't that bad, if you know what you're doing with it. Feel free to msg me if you need any help. Absolutely an Aussie needs to be one of the winners!

The forum was down because they were changing over to a new server. This one is supposed to be just for our forum, will run alot faster and crash less when we have an influx of members online at once. =]

I ever expected him to have the song available for us to download and use, but I've ripped the track from the video for use in the vid. I'll PM it to you if you want it. =]

I suppose with the new release of his album the forums will be running wild and everyone will be on, so the server needed to beupdated! Good thinking.

That would be AWESOME if you could send me a copy of his song :D Thanks heaps!!! Ive seen that a few people have already uploaded theirs onto youtube.......ive found a couple that are pretty good so far.

Thanks for the help :)

I suppose with the new release of his album the forums will be running wild and everyone will be on, so the server needed to beupdated! Good thinking.

That would be AWESOME if you could send me a copy of his song :D Thanks heaps!!! Ive seen that a few people have already uploaded theirs onto youtube.......ive found a couple that are pretty good so far.

Thanks for the help :)

No probs. I've Pm'd you. =]

In other news, I did my first Chroma Key today! (Chroma key is pretty much a green [or in my case, blue] screen effect with video editing)

It was pretty crappy, and involved a minute version of my mother dancing on top of my piano, but hey, it can only get better! =D

No probs. I've Pm'd you. =]

In other news, I did my first Chroma Key today! (Chroma key is pretty much a green [or in my case, blue] screen effect with video editing)

It was pretty crappy, and involved a minute version of my mother dancing on top of my piano, but hey, it can only get better! =D

Awesome......good to see your off to a good start. I bet by the time its ready to hand in it'll look fantastic!!!

Awesome......good to see your off to a good start. I bet by the time its ready to hand in it'll look fantastic!!!

Thanks! I bet yours will be awesome too!

I'd continue filming, but it's getting dark, and my makeshift bluescreen (a blue sheet taped to a wall outside) needs plenty of light to work properly. And I don't have enough lamps to ensure that there'd be no shadows...lol