keti

Guest whalesfood
I saw a HUUUUUGE AW book with his diaries. It's got like 800 pages or something, and it's rather expensive. I'll ask my parents to get me it as a Xmas present :teehee:

i actually have that. it's a really nice set. he was so great. i always find myself buying books with him. have you ever read his philosophy of andy warhol a to b and back again? i really enjoyed reading it. he was very funny. i laughed for most of the book.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have that. it's a really nice set. he was so great. i always find myself buying books with him. have you ever read his philosophy of andy warhol a to b and back again? i really enjoyed reading it. he was very funny. i laughed for most of the book.

Do you really? :boing: That's so cool. I asked my parents if they'd buy me it for New Year and they said yes :boing:

I haven't read his philosophy, but I bought a book called "Andy Warhol: A Novel" yesterday. It's meant for a present actually, but I'll buy another one for myself. Is that the same thing as Philosophy?

Warhol :wub2:

Another fan :D

Guest whalesfood
Do you really? :boing: That's so cool. I asked my parents if they'd buy me it for New Year and they said yes :boing:

I haven't read his philosophy, but I bought a book called "Andy Warhol: A Novel" yesterday. It's meant for a present actually, but I'll buy another one for myself. Is that the same thing as Philosophy?

Another fan :D

yay! you'll really enjoy it!

that's a different one i think

loooooooove his works. My mum have a book with some of his works same with Salvador Dalí. Have checked em out a few times

I like Andy Warhol!

I read some books about him and watched movies.

And surprisingly, I like DALI too, and have some books the same as your mum. I guess your mum might be me ...!?!?:biggrin2:

warhol.jpg

I find Andy Warhol to be more fascinating than his art. I'm much more of a Frida Kahlo fan myself, but I remember reading a biography book about him about a year ago. The picture above was from the book and it was taken when he was obviously very young.

This was one of the shoes too that I liked from the book, but it looks dull when I scanned it but still...

warholshoe.jpg

And I really liked the movie Factory Girl. It was sad though and I felt really bad for Edie Sedgwick after watching it.

These quotes were in the intro of the book about him...

"Warhol made a career out of appropriating famous images and products in order to promote his own reputation. His food tins, pretty faces, and mangled cars – all metaphors of contemporary life style – imply that our era is relatively devoid of intellectual and spiritual value. He negated the uniqueness of art objects by “manufacturing” virtually identical paintings and sculptures in quantity. He even called his studio a “Factory,” implying that he was primarily concerned with mass-production, commerce, and the process of making money."

Thank you for sharing these pics. What a beautiful shoe:wub2:

warhol.jpg

I find Andy Warhol to be more fascinating than his art. I'm much more of a Frida Kahlo fan myself, but I remember reading a biography book about him about a year ago. The picture above was from the book and it was taken when he was obviously very young.

This was one of the shoes too that I liked from the book, but it looks dull when I scanned it but still...

warholshoe.jpg

And I really liked the movie Factory Girl. It was sad though and I felt really bad for Edie Sedgwick after watching it.

These quotes were in the intro of the book about him...

"Warhol made a career out of appropriating famous images and products in order to promote his own reputation. His food tins, pretty faces, and mangled cars – all metaphors of contemporary life style – imply that our era is relatively devoid of intellectual and spiritual value. He negated the uniqueness of art objects by “manufacturing” virtually identical paintings and sculptures in quantity. He even called his studio a “Factory,” implying that he was primarily concerned with mass-production, commerce, and the process of making money."

Can you please tell me which book is it?:wub2:

He had lovely fingers:teehee:

And OMG, that shoe!:mf_lustslow: I love it! Reminds me of some shoes Lady GaGa wears.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/andy-warhol-as-a-philosopher-of-art

“Andy had, by nature, a philosophical mind. He was really doing philosophy by doing the art that made him famous. […] What makes Warhol important was his challenge to the impurist tradition itself.”

“Pop art was not a frivolous repudidation of Abstract Expressionism—playful, figural, and superficial where Abstract Expressionism was soulful, abstract, and deep. It was the next step—as it turned out, the last step—in art’s investigation of its own nature.”

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/01/11/100111fa_fact_menand#ixzz0c3MAQzDm