Charlie Winston

Droopsy

Charlie Winston

Interview-met-Charlie-Winston_groot.jpg

Are there any fans of Charlie Winston out there?

I discovered him just a few months ago through the song 'like a hobo'. But I'm loving his new single 'in your hands' even more.

I love his music and voice, not to mention his style :teehee:

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/charliewinston

Videos:

:serenade:

Edited by Droopsy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Now seems like a good time to bump :naughty:

I went to his gig in Brussels last week and what can I say... It was mindblowing... I can't believe he got the whole venue going nuts just by whistling and beatboxing :aah:

I went with a friend who had NEVER been to a gig before, and didn't know anything about him... She became an instant fan :aah: She couldn't believe how great it was :teehee:

Hey Droopsy, have you seen that there will be a gig in Lille at the very beginning of June? :cheerful_h4h: I think you should come:naughty:

At least, I'm planning to go!! I went to see him in Paris and Nancy: it was really great:wub2:

So... I have started a forum about him (http://www.charliewinston.forumotion.net) :blush-anim-cl: But.. In French. It might be a good idea to have categories in English as well...

Merci Ighins! J'ai vu que le thread que j'avais ouvert a été fermé pour cause de doublon.

Voici ce que j'avais noté:

Charlie Winston

winsto11.jpghttp://

Here is a website dedicated to Charlie Winston. This fan club is new and has been created by one of my friends. If you're a fan, don't hesitate to join in!

Here's the link: http://www.charliewinston.forumotion.net

• 1 month later...
Hey Droopsy, have you seen that there will be a gig in Lille at the very beginning of June? :cheerful_h4h: I think you should come:naughty:

At least, I'm planning to go!! I went to see him in Paris and Nancy: it was really great:wub2:

So... I have started a forum about him (http://www.charliewinston.forumotion.net) :blush-anim-cl: But.. In French. It might be a good idea to have categories in English as well...

I know, but I think I'm only going to do that for mika (travelling to other countries for gigs and all), it might get a bit too pricey otherwise :roftl:

Ohw, the fansite is in french :huh:

Loving this video:

And my favorite song live in brussels,

amazing gig and idd a fantastic audience as the uploader already mentioned :teehee:

I really love charlie Winston too!!!

Hope he'll come to switzerland again!! (he did last year but I missed it...:sneaky2:).

It seems he's more famous in France than in the UK or anywhere else.. that's really strange isn't it? :blink:

anyway, his music is great :teehee:

I really love charlie Winston too!!!

Hope he'll come to switzerland again!! (he did last year but I missed it...:sneaky2:).

It seems he's more famous in France than in the UK or anywhere else.. that's really strange isn't it? :blink:

anyway, his music is great :teehee:

It really is! He's famous in Belgium as well, but only the french part! LOL :roftl: I think it may have to do with the song tongue tied, and he speaks a bit of french... they appear to like that (e.g. mika...) Nobody of my friends know who he is :naughty: I love his music tho! :groovy:

Hope he'll come to belgium again as well :thumb_yello:

• 5 months later...

I think I'd like to bump this thread. :bleh: I made a thread for him last night, but I didn't use the search engine, which is really bad of me. It's never worked for me in the past, so I've given up on it - but I guess I should at least try from now on. I really do apologize.

Anyways...

I saw Charlie, and his band, open up for Bedouin Soundclash earlier this month and I have to say I was extremely impressed. They are all so talented. The crowd loved them! (I can't wait to recieve my CD in the mail! :biggrin2:)

One song that I thought was sort of funny was "My Life As A Duck". Listen and you'll realize why. :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

As I've mentioned before I saw Charlie and his band open up for Bedouin Soundclash (a band) last month. After the show his CDs were sold out. But if you paid your money and left your name and address, they'd send you one - which is what I did.

After a month of waiting, I finally got my CD in the mail yesterday! I e-mailed someone last month and they told me that it would take a little while to get the CD because they were going to be sent to France and Charlie would sign them. So when I saw his initals on the outside I was pretty satisfied. But when I opened the insert up and saw a personalized message, I was even more satisfied. Not bad for a CD that cost me $10. :naughty:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Aaaah Charlie ! ;)) There are only a few artists whose I love each of his songs and Charlie is (with Mika, of course) one of the happy few~:blush-anim-cl:

I had known for a long time his Hit song "Like a hobo" but I don't know why, I didn't really went listening to his other songs... A friend of mine insisted on lending me her CD "Hobo" and ... I fell in love :D Really, I hadn't loved a whole CD for such a long time... His CD was like a tapestry of very different things that held together thanks to Charlie & his band. Also, I kind of admire his point of view about life, very interesting. :> His new CD rocks as well :D

I had the chance to go to 2 of his gigs this year in Belgium (AB & Francofolies) and I really loved it ! Especially the Ab one, it was simply magic. Since Mika's in Antwerp, I hadn't felt anything so strong, musically speaking. :) And you have to hear him speaking French (...) :wub2:

The only regret I had was that I had to leave the Ab quite shortly after the end of the gig to take my train back to Liège :'/ I could buy his new EP (With Medi :DD) but I didn't get the chance to see him "saying hello to us" after the gig :') ...

I could meet him at the Francocolies as a young reporter so that was finally fine XD *Yes indeed :blush-anim-cl: * but well, I still think that I'd maybe have loved it better if I had been in a "fan"/"artist" situation 'cause I found the reporters pretty overwhelming at this festival :')

In case you don't know him, I'd advice you to listen to "Like a hobo" but NOT ONLY!! Kick the Bucket, Generation Spent, Boxes (♥), Speak to me, The Great Conversation, Until you're satisfied (and you will be ;D haha), She went quietly...

EACH OF HIS SONGS ARE WORTH LISTENING :> You won't regret it :D

PS: It is sooo weird to me that he isn't known in UK xD I checked everywhere when I was in Edinburgh and I couldn't find his CD ;'> I don't understand why British people don't try to ... hum "get him back"...

Well, I'm not gonna complain about it :D He always comes pretty often to Belgium when he's on tour so I like thinsg as they are ^_^