Help! I cant submit to the WAG contest (For whatever reason)

I cant seem to get my video to work on either youtube or vimeo, which means I cant submit it. PLEASE HELP!:shocked:

Ok..... So FIRST i tried to upload my video to youtube. It was disabled for copyright infringement.

1.) I followed an mfcer's tip and named the video something random and unrelated. I did that TWICE, uploading it a total of three times, and the video was still disabled.

-I do not see how this makes any sense. Mika's management made this mistake of not looking into using youtube as a primary upload source enough. I mean, if the contest is asking people worldwide to make a music video to this song, NO ONE will be able to upload their videos if they have audio from the track imbedded in them, as I know most people do. This creates a major problem for alot of contestants. Team Mika needs to figure this out, and youtube needs to allow us to upload our videos WITH sound for submission.

2.) I then tried vimeo. Once uploaded, the audio was INCREDIBLY out of sync. This is a big problem for alot of people here on mfc, as I have gathered in my research, because alot of us are using lipsyncing which relies on the audio being perfectly insync. For around 4 hours last night, and bright and early this morning, I have been messaging vimeo staff, posting on forums, and tried (unsuccessfully) to download any new encoding thing to fix this problem.

-This is also a problem that needs to be figured out soon by Team Mika of a vimeo staff member, becuase ALOT of people who can not use the youtube route (such as myself, for copyright reasons) are turning to vimeo (which throws off their audio)

Im really sad. I spent 13 hours on this video, and I think its pretty great. I really need to find a way to upload it soon...... or all that hard work wil go to waste. I know I have to be patient, :blush-anim-cl:but I cant stay online waiting for a vimeo staff member or someone with links to youtube to fix this ALL DAY.

I just dont know where to turn. Do you think someone can email team mika? I dont have the adress.:teehee:

Do any of you have similar problems? Please post if so.

Thanks for listening :tears:

-Sammy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy as I told you last night, we have asked Mika's management about the copyright issue with YouTube. We'll let you know if they can speak to Universal about changing the rules with YouTube or offer another alternative.

For Vimeo there are other videos up there that are synched properly so everyone who is having problems needs to at least attempt to convert the file using the recommended compression settings, as I suggested yesterday.

http://vimeo.com/help/compression

This isn't something that Mika's management is likely to be able to change.

Edited by Christine

Sammy as I told you last night, we have asked Mika's management about the copyright issue with YouTube. We'll let you know if they can speak to Universal about changing the rules with YouTube or offer another alternative.

For Vimeo there are other videos up there that are synched properly so everyone who is having problems needs to at least attempt to convert the file using the recommended compression settings, as I suggested yesterday.

http://vimeo.com/help/compression

This isn't something that Mika's management is likely to be able to change.

yeah I have problems with the same :sneaky2: thank u chis :huglove:

Christine....

I headed your advice and checked out those compression things.

Im not a very computer-smart person, and I have no idea how to change ANY of that. Where can I go about doing all that???

Im so confused!!!!!! :shocked:

I probably can't work on it out until tonight but do you think you could send me your original WMM project or even just a small portion of it or some other original video you've got that you made in Movie Maker? I can try to play around with the settings and if I can get it to work I'll give everyone exact instructions on how to do the conversion.

What version of Movie Maker are you using?

In the meantime we'll let you know if Team Mika gets back to us on the YouTube issue, but Calvin Harris had problems getting his own videos reinstated :shocked: so it could take more than a day to sort it out.

I probably can't work on it out until tonight but do you think you could send me your original WMM project or even just a small portion of it or some other original video you've got that you made in Movie Maker? I can try to play around with the settings and if I can get it to work I'll give everyone exact instructions on how to do the conversion.

In the meantime we'll let you know if Team Mika gets back to us on the YouTube issue, but Calvin Harris had problems getting his own videos reinstated :shocked: so it could take more than a day to sort it out.

The file is immense. Its like 4:40 long. Do you think that regular email would work?

Hi, this might be a silly question but I'm just neurotic! Ok, so after you successfully upload it to vimeo and all that jazz, and you go to upload it to mikasounds- it doesn't have to go through the whole upload process, right?

Because I just kinda punched in the vimeo code clicked submit and it was like OKAY DONE! When i was expecting an hour long 1%....2%.....3%...

I didnt try to upload it to mikasounds. Becuase the vimeo file is WAY out of sync. So i need to get that fixed before I can upload it to mikasounds.

A staff member from vimeo was just like..... Hey Sammy, I run this through for you again.

Guess what? It didnt work ;)

I didnt try to upload it to mikasounds. Becuase the vimeo file is WAY out of sync. So i need to get that fixed before I can upload it to mikasounds.

A staff member from vimeo was just like..... Hey Sammy, I run this through for you again.

Guess what? It didnt work ;)

Blah what a pain. Mine's a little off but nothing too bad. At least you have some time to figure it out before the deadline!

OK, Mika's posted a blog about the competition with these new rules, which

include all you under-16s!

Useful Info and Basic Rules

- The competition runs from on Weds Aug 5th and closes at midnight on Sept 20th 2009.

- It's not possible to download the full track, we suggest you play the full length video from www.mikasounds.com and film you, your friends or you and your friends dancing along.

- Create your video and upload it at www.vimeo.com or www.youtube.com and then you can upload your entry @ www.wearegolden.com.

- Don't worry if you haven't got a film studio in your bedroom - we won't be judging the entries based on technical quality -we just want to see you being creative and having fun!

- Your video can feature more than one fan but it can only be entered once, and only the fan whose profile it is added to will get the Mika's Magic Numbers points.

- If you are under 16 you will need to fax a letter of consent for you to enter signed by a parent or guardian to +44 207 471 5289 before submitting your video and entering the competition. Please also make sure you are fully clothed in the video.

- We reserve the right not to publish any video that we feel to be inappropriate.

- There will be five winners chosen, and they'll all win a meet & greet with Mika at a show in their home country on his forthcoming tour.

- In the event that any of the winning entrants are under 16 then such win is subject to receipt by us of signed consent from the parent or guardian of the winning entrant for them to attend the concert. Alternatively they must attend with a parent or guardian who is over 18.

So get filming and have fun!

Click here to read the full competition terms and conditions

This is the latest set of rules and they have said that people should film the soundtrack from Mika's video rather than embed the track, so I don't expect they will address the issue with YouTube disabling embedded tracks.

You will either have to take their suggestion or continue trying to get the Vimeo video synched up as closely as possible.

Ok, well im NOT refilming my video. It revolved around the embedded track.

Do you think if I sent you the file (which is wmv) you could try to fix some of the suggested settings for vimeo. I know this is a hassle, and im SOOO sorry, but I have NO idea how to do any of this and i really need this fixed. The video is USELESS without the lipsyncing. :tears: Im so afraid this wont be fixed and I will have nothing to send in!

Ok, well im NOT refilming my video. It revolved around the embedded track.

Do you think if I sent you the file (which is wmv) you could try to fix some of the suggested settings for vimeo. I know this is a hassle, and im SOOO sorry, but I have NO idea how to do any of this and i really need this fixed. The video is USELESS without the lipsyncing. :tears: Im so afraid this wont be fixed and I will have nothing to send in!

I will try. :thumb_yello:

Otherwise I think an alternative to what they've suggested that may work is to film Mika's video and use that audio track to synch up with your video. This might also get nabbed by YT so I can't promise you it will work but it will have a better visual effect I think than people just filming while the music plays in the background.

We'll see which options work the best. There is lots of time and I think Mika or people close to him are going to keep a close eye on this project so don't worry too much about not getting attention for submitting early.

I just want to give you a big bunch of flowers for your never ending patience!:wub2:

:flowers2::flowers2::flowers2::wub2:

Thank you so much, Christine :):wub2:

Youv ehelped me so much the last few days.

How can I send the file to you??

I will set up an account tonight on my webspace so you can transfer the file. Once you're logged in it's just like moving files around on your own computer so it should be easy.

Do you know how large the file is? What version of Movie Maker are you using?

I just want to give you a big bunch of flowers for your never ending patience!:wub2:

Thanks Sienna. :biggrin2:

Here, here!

Chrstine, you are incredibly kind. Thank you sOOO much. From the looks of vimeo and youtube, changing my settings the way you suggested might just be my only way out of this sticky situation.

Thanks so much Christine :):wub2::flowers2::pinkbow::original:

This is the latest set of rules and they have said that people should film the soundtrack from Mika's video rather than embed the track, so I don't expect they will address the issue with YouTube disabling embedded tracks.

I just tried importing the official video into windows movie maker and it worked :blink: and then i dragged it all to the audio/music part of the timeline and it became audio and not video. so would that count as not infringing on their copyrights? youtube will still probably turn down the video, so idk how my comment is helping but i thought it was neat how the video just became audio overlay for the whole video.

good luck to everyone trying to upload :thumb_yello:.. and i'll be in the same boat in a few days i bet :sneaky2:

I just tried importing the official video into windows movie maker and it worked :blink: and then i dragged it all to the audio/music part of the timeline and it became audio and not video. so would that count as not infringing on their copyrights? youtube will still probably turn down the video, so idk how my comment is helping but i thought it was neat how the video just became audio overlay for the whole video.

good luck to everyone trying to upload :thumb_yello:.. and i'll be in the same boat in a few days i bet :sneaky2:

I was wondering the same :blink: