"Signed" copies of the album at Play.com

ktwhoopi

I got one of my friends to pre-order me a signed copy of the album from play.com but they've just discovered from Play.com themselves, that no signed orders arrived at all.

I was terribly excited when I read on mikasounds that there were a limited number of signed albums up for grabs, and organised a friend in the UK to order me one, but now it turns out it never happened.

Can anyone shed any light?

KT in Australia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of my friends to pre-order me a signed copy of the album from play.com but they've just discovered from Play.com themselves, that no signed orders arrived at all.

I was terribly excited when I read on mikasounds that there were a limited number of signed albums up for grabs, and organised a friend in the UK to order me one, but now it turns out it never happened.

KT in Australia

It still can happen.

In these kind of things Team Mika (or mika)is known by being last minute

Edited by Moonlightchild

KT in Australia

Mika mentioned the other day in a blog that he had 2,500 CDs waiting to be signed so I'm sure they should be getting them.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=79041575&blogId=508747604

Anyone who has ordered one, please go check your order and see if it still says 'signed' album. My friends in the UK contacted play.com and they said the cd was *not* signed, I'm not just making this u, I did check before I asked the question.

Anyone who has ordered one, please go check your order and see if it still says 'signed' album. My friends in the UK contacted play.com and they said the cd was *not* signed, I'm not just making this u, I did check before I asked the question.

Do you have some sort of confirmation from them initially that you'd ordered the signed copy and not another?

We could make some inquiries as it seems to me that Mika was definitely signing a large quantity. Perhaps they oversold and they're making excuses or someone is just confused because Mika hasn't shipped them to play.com yet.

Well thats really sucks...:sneaky2:

I still think they will be signed though- or not sent out. I'm guessing that when the signed quota ran out they blanket changed the listing to omit the word "signed"

I'm getting my money back if it's not! And not paying postage either

I imagine they'll post them next friday or saturday (should be friday for the north, but probably won't be) so Mika better get his biro out!

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I still think they will be signed though- or not sent out. I'm guessing that when the signed quota ran out they blanket changed the listing to omit the word "signed"

I'm getting my money back if it's not! And not paying postage either

I imagine they'll post them next friday or saturday (should be friday for the north, but probably won't be) so Mika better get his biro out!

Well Im not paying wither...I ordered signed comy...:sneaky2:

my friends rang play.com up and they said there were no signed copies. but they cancelled the order, didn't check with me first, wanted to save me my money i guess, but now i just hope it doesn't turn out that i'm now not getting a signed copy *le sigh* i bet that's what'll happen :boxed:

This is what my friends did:

we phoned them up and found out, then wrote back -

"Well you were right. The distributors failed to send play.com any signed copies whatsoever. So they have cancelled the order. All well and good, but as I said to them, it would have been polite to notify us that they didn't have any signed copies available."

This is what my friends did:

we phoned them up and found out, then wrote back -

"Well you were right. The distributors failed to send play.com any signed copies whatsoever. So they have cancelled the order. All well and good, but as I said to them, it would have been polite to notify us that they didn't have any signed copies available."

I'm glad I followed my instincts on this :roftl: and didn't try to order a signed copy!

You know when Mika told in the blog that he had stacks of CD covers in his hallway….:teehee:

Busy boy as he is I thought he will never have enough time to sit down and sign all those!:naughty:

I'm glad I followed my instincts on this :roftl: and didn't try to order a signed copy!

You know when Mika told in the blog that he had stacks of CD covers in his hallway….:teehee:

Busy boy as he is I thought he will never have enough time to sit down and sign all those!:naughty:

So, I wonder if they deliver normal CDs or fully cancel the order ...:dunno:

So, I wonder if they deliver normal CDs or fully cancel the order ...:dunno:

They might hang on hoping they'll get some- otherwise it would be sensible to tell people, as it would be an administrative pain to have to do all the refunds and argue about postage. And I think most people would return them- on principle, even if they then bought the UK regular edition else where

But if he simply hasn't signed them, it's not play who we should be annoyed with- he must have agreed to it, and it was on MS-

-Like the limited edition gold vinyl and the preordered EP that went down in price or arrived after the gigs it was on sale at

Once is unfortunate, twice is careless (as they say), 3 times is bloody ridiculous