TBWKTM review in De Standaard

celien

There's a review of The Boy Who Knew Too Much in belgian newspaper 'De Standaard'. It's not very positive, but we're used to that in this newspaper :teehee:

Sorry if there are mistakes, I used an online translator!

MUZIEKMANIE —

MIKA

The boy who know too much Universal

Mika heeft zijn tweede plaat al zijn 'adolescente' album genoemd. Het is een verslag van zijn leven toen hij achttien was. Maar veel verschil met zijn succesvolle voorganger horen we niet. 'We are golden', 'Blame it on the girls', 'Rain': het trio dat aftrapt, zet geheid elke party in beweging, door zijn schijnbaar moeiteloze mix van discoritmes en meezingbare refreinen, en zijn immer herkenbare jongensstem.

Daarna neemt de plaat gas terug met het zwakke 'Dr. John' en de melige ballad 'I see you'. En wat wil Mika bewijzen als hij het iets Latijnser zoekt, in 'Blue eyes'? Een aaibare falset heeft de man wel, maar zonder zijn hanige beats stroomt de kitsch gul over de grens van de goede smaak.

Met 'Good gone girl' komt de partytijger gelukkig weer in zicht, waarna Mika afsluit met 'Toy boy' (een pop-meets-Disneynummer), en de afsluiter 'Pick up off the floor', een zwierige ballad. We hebben hem het liefst als entertainer van de dansvloer.

Downloadtips: 'Good gone girl' en 'Rain'

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelId=612ETGK6&word=MIKA

MUSIC Mania --

MIKA

The boy who know too much Universal

Mika called his second album his "adolescent" album. It is a report of his life when he was eighteen. But we don’t hear many differences with his successful predecessor. "We are golden," "Blame it on the girls', 'Rain': The trio that kicks off, each puts a party in motion driven by his seemingly effortless blend of disco rhythms and sing-along choruses, and his always recognizable guys voice.

Then the plate takes gas back to the weak song ‘Dr. John’ and the corny ballad "I see you'. And what does Mika want to prove if he looks for a more Latin song in 'Blue Eyes'? The man has a cuddly falsetto, but without the kitsch the beats are flowing generously on the border of good taste.

Fortunately the party comes back with "Good gone girl”, and Mika finishes with "Toy Boy" (a pop-meets-Disney Number), and ends with "Pick up off the floor," a sweeping ballad. We prefer him as an entertainer of the dance floor.

Download Tips: "Good girl gone 'and' Rain '

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already read it. Well, it isn't review that makes us super happy but yeah, it's 'De Standaard' hé...

I'm curious what 'The Humo' will say...

I don't want to know ..

I have something against Humo since I've only seen them ran down Air Traffic :sneaky2::teehee:

(it won't be that bad with Mika, I hope :roftl:, but still .. they were so not nice :sneaky2:)

I don't want to know ..

I have something against Humo since I've only seen them ran down Air Traffic :sneaky2::teehee:

(it won't be that bad with Mika, I hope :roftl:, but still .. they were so not nice :sneaky2:)

Haha I can understand you perfectly! They can be so cruel and so 'hitting'..