Great Danish Album Review

Dark Angel

Just did a quick google translation... :naughty:

Mika - The Boy Who Knew Too Much

9de280502b8b_125348647277_0.47_nyhedstor.jpg

5 stars out of 6

Release date: Monday 21-09-2009

How often you find a popalbum which is extravagant? Which is original? As playful? And that is endlessly talented? At one time, mind you. Mikas's second album is all. Of course, one is tempted to say. With the nice ep, Songs For Sorrow, and between games (where Toy Boy and Blue Eyes is on The Boy Who Knew Too Much) he meets every expectation you might have on the debut Life In Cartoon Motion. Mikas world is colored, spanked filled with numbers - as the first single "We Are Golden - pursuing one. Because they are so well put together, both in composition, text and arrangement. Rebated, huge chorus, a wealth of tools he prefers to walk you through and pull you right up to the limit of what you thought you could hold out. Without being pompous or nauseating. On the contrary. Detail and inventiveness is both ballads (I See You and Pick Up Off The Floor, and the very fine By The Time (duet with Imogen Heap)) and the energetic fast-paced tracks. Mikas universe is unique, but the element of surprise has diminished a bit, and some of the texts are not quite on a level with himself. But it's a luxury problem. Because there are not many who can reach him to the suspenders on the popscene of the year of 2009. One might think that Mikas style is exaggerated, giddy more than ever, over the top. But then you have to be so difficult in a bad mood. For Mika takes the pop up on top - and reminds us that pop is more than lightly dressed girls, and that the high emotions are not reserved for stadium rock.

http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/34679

Edited by Dark Angel

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4? :blink:

"Avisen The Guardian tildelte bundkarakter, mens den sønderlemmende kritik på visse musikmedier på nettet mindede om personangreb." :shocked:

'Rains' never heard about that one :roftl:

Ja det var jo så tilbage i 2007, ved ikke lige hvad de har sagt denne gang.

De synes vel der var så meget regn i den sang at den skulle i flertal :dunno: