Short article in German Neon

A friend of me just told me there was an article about Mika in the German "Neon" which I already bought almost three weeks ago :naughty: I didn´t notice it before :aah: ...Hope, it wasn´t posted before...

"The stewardess just threw the tortoise into the toilet!"

"When I was nine years old I moved from Paris to London with my parents and my sibblings. Our furniture was carried by a truck, we went by plane. I had a little tortoise that I smuggled in my trouser pocket into the plane. There I put it into a paper cup filled with water so that it was nicer for it. When I didn´t watch it for a moment the stewardess cleared the table and threw the paper cup away - including my tortoise. We didn´t recover it. Even today I sometimes think of that when I´m in a plane."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"When I was nine years old I moved from Paris to London with my parents and my sibblings. Our furniture was carried by a truck, we went by plane. I had a little tortoise that I smuggled in my trouser pocket into the plane. There I put it into a paper cup filled with water so that it was nicer for it. When I didn´t watch it for a moment the stewardess cleared the table and threw the paper cup away - including my tortoise. We didn´t recover it. Even today I sometimes think of that when I´m in a plane."

:yikes:

OMG!

I hope no PETA activists are reading this.. :glasses3:

:roftl:

A friend of me just told me there was an article about Mika in the German "Neon" which I already bought almost three weeks ago :naughty: I didn´t notice it before :aah: ...Hope, it wasn´t posted before...

First of all a tortoise isn't supposed to be in water!:shocked:

Poor little thing, I've had tortoises for many years, they are lovely littel animals!:wub2:

Bad Mika!:sneaky2:

Poor little thing, I've had tortoises for many years, they are lovely littel animals!:wub2:

Bad Mika!:sneaky2:

Maybe it was a water tortoise. Or I just quoted it the wrong way. He didn´t say "full of water" but "filled with water". So perhaps there was just some water in it, not too much...

Maybe it was a water tortoise. Or I just quoted it the wrong way. He didn´t say "full of water" but "filled with water". So perhaps there was just some water in it, not too much...

There is if often a mix up but tortoises are the ones living on land!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoise

What a story... I'd have searched the bins even at that age i think..:aah:

You bet… I would have forced both my parents and the flight hostess to find him!:sneaky2:

We actually lost one of the tortoises outside my country house when I was a kid and I refused to leave the place and my parents had to take extra vacation days!

But eventually we found him; he had walked away at least a kilometre!

We had talked to all the neighbours in the aria and one day he came walking in a family’s garden!:wub2:

In German it´s the same word for both of them. I didn´t even know there was a difference in English. So sorry if it was the wrong word. But from the article I can´t decide whether it was that animal living in the water or outside of it :boxed:

In German it´s the same word for both of them. I didn´t even know there was a difference in English. So sorry if it was the wrong word. But from the article I can´t decide whether it was that animal living in the water or outside of it :boxed:

Oh it's not a big deal, I just happen to have a special interest in those little figures of course!:wink2:

In Sweden we call them vattensköldpadda or just sköldpadda!

Cruel child. :tears: That's why he cries on planes: he feels guilty. Serves him right. :devil:

I've had tortoises for years too and they loved the water. There was a little shallow bowl of water and they got in there by themselves, they loved it. Anyway it's so sad that Mika's tortoise got lost in the plane.

I've had tortoises for years too and they loved the water. There was a little shallow bowl of water and they got in there by themselves, they loved it. Anyway it's so sad that Mika's tortoise got lost in the plane.

Oh your tortoise loved to take a bath? So sweet!:wub2:

Well the more I think about, it based on the size (he placed it in a mug) the more I'm convinced it was a water turtle he had!:wink2:

AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Poor Mikaaaaa! And poor little turtoise! :tears: