Mika on C89.5 on Monday morning, ticket give away.

RAK1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I never hear Mika on the radio here. C89.5 is the dance music station, so that makes sense. I remember the last time he was in Seattle, I saw people with backstage passes given to them by this station. Hmm...maybe I should listen to it more often. :biggrin2:

Thank you for posting!

Edited by DaMango

I woke up much earlier than usual this noting to catch Mika's interview. He wasn't actually in the studio, they were interviewing him by phone. The DJ only asked him about 3 questions, and they went something like this:

"So Mika, you're playing in Seattle tonight, how does it differ from last year's show?"

"Mika, you have a new album out. Can you tell us a bit about that?"

and

"We've been playing your new single Blame it on the Girls. Can you tell us more about that?"

So yeah, nothing too groundbreaking, but it was nice to hear his groggy morning voice. :naughty: He was at the airport, so it got a bit noisy at the end.

Actually, he did give one tidbit of info that was new to me. When talking about BIOTG, he said that he read a Bill Gates interview, where Bill said, "Only losers blame everything on their parents." Mika, who was 16 at the time, said that he thought it was easy for Bill to say, because he's the richest man in the world! Then he went on to say that the song is about being a teenager, and blaming you problems on everyone else.

That's about it. I hope Mika's not too exhausted at tonight's show. He had to get up pretty early today.