NaNoWriMo

NuttyGummy

I wrote around 3000 words but now after reading it again I think it's the most boring crap I've done in a long time!:sneaky2:I don't know....

As NuttyGummy said, never read over what you wrote! Most horrible mistake. :D Don't we writers always think what we just wrote is crap?

The nearest thing I do to reading my NaNo story is scanning through some pages to get into the mood again or to remember what I already said or didn't (I'm not a very organised kind of person when it comes to writing - no notes etc.).

And I'm definitely writing in my own language, Swedish; I could never get the right nuances or mood choosing English.

I read and write a lot in English but it's not my creative language, it's like if I was a painter with only half of my colours!

That's exactly how I feel as well. I love English, mostly as a communication tool and to read, and I honestly think I'm not too bad at it either, but I'm just not good enough to write a novel in English.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds very intriguing. I would love to do it, only problem being, I have so much writing to do for school, that finding the time to write 50,000 words for fun may be a challenge. :blink:

Though my Mika Oakland Gig report (the VERY condensed version) was 5000 words. I'm sure I could easily make it 50,000 if I went into absolute details. :biggrin2::naughty:

That's exactly how I feel as well. I love English, mostly as a communication tool and to read, and I honestly think I'm not too bad at it either, but I'm just not good enough to write a novel in English.

And we are wise enough to realise it!:thumb_yello:

This sounds very intriguing. I would love to do it, only problem being, I have so much writing to do for school, that finding the time to write 50,000 words for fun may be a challenge. :blink:

Though my Mika Oakland Gig report (the VERY condensed version) was 5000 words. I'm sure I could easily make it 50,000 if I went into absolute details. :biggrin2::naughty:

Hmmm, maybe the title of your story should be Mika's Music and art?:teehee:

I'm just kidding!:biggrin2:

The moment you force yourself to come up with something, is the moment you won't.:aah:

Haha, I come up with my best ideas when I'm writing something else. :roftl: That's probably why I was able to write so much during highschool. Procrastination can be a wonderful thing.

Oh, I got a little carried away with the nanowrimo merch I bought today. :blush-anim-cl: I wanted a poster but didn't have enough money for that and all the shirts I wanted to buy. Pluss I wanted one of their hoodies, maybe they'll still have the poster I want in stock the next time I have money.

Wow, I just reached the 35k! :yay: That's 10k above my original goal for this week. (Hell, this means I wrote 23k in one week.) Now I'll be able to sleep well. :)

How about you, guys?

Wow! Good for you! I'm just over 19k. I'm hoping to hit middle mark before bed tonight.

I've almost reached the 44k. :) How's it going for you guys?

Yay! It's so exciting to get to those last few thousand words.

As of today I am 15,000 words behind. But I'm not giving up.

I'm going to a write in tonight (not sure how much writing we'll get done) and I jotted a few notes down in a notebook. I also have a three day weekend coming up. I'm hoping if I start to threaten myself with cleaning my apartment (Which has started to get messy since November) I will feel like writing. :biggrin2:

Yay! It's so exciting to get to those last few thousand words.

As of today I am 15,000 words behind. But I'm not giving up.

I'm going to a write in tonight (not sure how much writing we'll get done) and I jotted a few notes down in a notebook. I also have a three day weekend coming up. I'm hoping if I start to threaten myself with cleaning my apartment (Which has started to get messy since November) I will feel like writing. :biggrin2:

Hello all busy writers!

The thing is, I went into this with too little information, and thank you for setting me straight about it, NuttyGummy!:wub2:

I thought it was some kind of writer’s contest where you were up against other writers and would have the possibility to get your story published. Silly me!

But know when I understand the whole concept I’m a little doubtful about posting it when I have finished it (which I haven’t yet:blush-anim-cl:).

I kind of like got a little in love with my story and I’m thinking about maybe send it to a real publisher instead.:teehee: So far it's just a thought!

I have done that before with other stories but got them refused so maybe it’s time to give it a try again? At least this got me back to writing again and that’s a good thing!

Good luck to all of you! Happy writing!:thumb_yello:

Thank you for being so patience with all my questions!:huglove:

Hello all busy writers!

The thing is, I went into this with too little information, and thank you for setting me straight about it, NuttyGummy!:wub2:

I thought it was some kind of writer’s contest where you were up against other writers and would have the possibility to get your story published. Silly me!

But know when I understand the whole concept I’m a little doubtful about posting it when I have finished it (which I haven’t yet:blush-anim-cl:).

I kind of like got a little in love with my story and I’m thinking about maybe send it to a real publisher instead.:teehee: So far it's just a thought!

I have done that before with other stories but got them refused so maybe it’s time to give it a try again? At least this got me back to writing again and that’s a good thing!

Good luck to all of you! Happy writing!:thumb_yello:

Thank you for being so patience with all my questions!:huglove:

No worries.

There is a spot where you can scramble your whole novel before you verify the word count. I would have to search around for it, I haven't used it yet.

There are some people on there who have gotten their novels published after they wrote it, so you never know. You might write something worth submitting to an agent.

Here is a link to a contest going that they posted in their blog on nanowrimo. Not done through the nanowrimo people though.

If it's a young adult novel you can send them your title and the first 250 words of your novel. If you get first place I think you can pitch yout book to them. No guarantees but it would still be cool to pitch your book, even if nothing comes of it.

If you're in the first 20 I think you get a copy of a book written by the agent running the contest.

http://www.writingclasses.com/ContestPages/YAPitch.php

BLOODY HELL! Guys, I did it! I just finished my novel which is at 50,028 words. How awesome is that?

I hope it is going equally well for the rest of you!

Oh my gosh, oh my, wow. *wanders off being totally overwhelmed*

Yay! Good for you! It's the greatest feeling, isn't it?

I finally reached 25,000 words last night. I need to step it up this last week and a half.

• 2 weeks later...