Mika in Mexico city "Los 40 principales"

mikalollipop_karla

Lucky lucky lucky Mexico! I'm glad for you!!! A little jealous?? Yeah, maybe. :teehee: But happy!!!

Carla, estoy muy contenta por ustedes, espero que puedan al menos verlo de cerca (aunque me parece que mejor debería hacer un concierto grande en vez de ir a hacer solamente promoción), toda la suerte!!!!! :thumb_yello: Y sacá muchas fotos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it all works out for you and that you all get to the gig...it is a real bummer that you can't buy tickets though:shocked: Good luck with winning them...it would be nice if there were some way that you could get them...rather than random people who probably aren't that bothered:shocked:

I wouldn't wait at the airport though, I am of the same mind of Sara. I realise that I am coming from the fortunate standpoint of having seen Mika a lot of times.....but waiting to see him at points that he is not 'at work' is just something that I wouldn't do personally. When he is at a gig or in the vacinity of one, that is different.....but not when he is just going about his business.

uhh yes, you are right girls, I guess it's not that good our idea, but, if is not in the airport, where we can go an say hello? :(

any recomendations?

I really feel for you......and I know that from the moment that he is on your soil you will be desperate to see him......that is only natural.:wub2::mf_lustslow:

If you cant get tickets to the actual performance just go to the venue. Either before, or after, or possibly both, you stand a pretty good chance of seeing him. I am quite sure that he would be a lot more amenable to seeing you there. He is always polite, and I am sure that if he did see you at the airport he would be polite......but he might not be best pleased. But I am sure that he is very aware that there are fans in Mexico that are desperate to see him. I am sure he will spare you some time....if he can.....at the venue.:thumb_yello:

Good luck:wub2:

Am I the only one who finds this 'waiting for him at the airport' a bit...erm...not so cool?

Now, don't get me wrong, I have all the sympathy in the world for the Mexican fans, who've been waiting for so long (as any other South and Central American fans) to see him, so I can totally understand that everyone is really excited, and can't wait to see him. I TOTALLY get that, and I really feel for you. The thing is, he'll be tired, at an airport after a flight, and honestly, I personally don't think that it's the best idea to approach him there.

He said not long ago in a radio interview that he'd been approached by fans at some airport (was it in China? Or in Japan?) and he did not sound very impressed by it, to be honest....I would leave the approaching him thing for when he's actually working.

Waiting for him at the airport is just not really something that I reckon we should be doing, as respectful fans, IMHO. I don't mean to upset anyone with this post, please take it for what it is :blush-anim-cl:.

I agree with you...you don't want to see the "cranky" mika :wink2:

Hey you Mexican fans, I am so glad to hear he is going to visit. You might need to spend all day waiting at the airport to catch up with him after his flight...don't think he will tell you the details on twitter :tee hee:

Mika will always do what we don't expect of him :fisch:

For the people who are trying to win tickets, I feel your pain. It is so tough to be a fan for so long, have Mika so close, and then not get to hear or see him. Oh believe me, I have done that. :a ah:

Iiieck, yes. It's like... ugh. I can't put it into words. Like being a vampire newborn maybe :think2:.

But good luck in the contest!:thumb_ yello:

GOOD LUCK FROM ME AS WELL!!!!!!

Es genial, Karla! Estoy muy contenta por todos los mexicanos :wu b2:

Espero que podáis verle y disfrutarle! :win k2:

Whatever you are saying, I probably second it :naughty:

Am I the only one who finds this 'waiting for him at the airport' a bit...erm...not so cool?

Now, don't get me wrong, I have all the sympathy in the world for the Mexican fans, who've been waiting for so long (as any other South and Central American fans) to see him, so I can totally understand that everyone is really excited, and can't wait to see him. I TOTALLY get that, and I really feel for you. The thing is, he'll be tired, at an airport after a flight, and honestly, I personally don't think that it's the best idea to approach him there.

He said not long ago in a radio interview that he'd been approached by fans at some airport (was it in China? Or in Japan?) and he did not sound very impressed by it, to be honest....I would leave the approaching him thing for when he's actually working.

Waiting for him at the airport is just not really something that I reckon we should be doing, as respectful fans, IMHO. I don't mean to upset anyone with this post, please take it for what it is :blush-a nim-cl:.

I know people from bands who didn't mind that. I was told it would be a bit weird to see that people know where you are staying (in case of the hotel) or where you will be arriving (airport) but still, none of them really minded it. I was told that they thought this would much rather show how much the people appreciate your work and you being here. Of course I'm just talking about some indie-bands and not Tokio Hotel or some other currently popular boy band. And I'm also not talking about stalkers who camp ar the airport or in front of the hotel. :dunno: (That would be creepy :blink:.) After all, we are just fans. And we are ****ING EXCITED that Mika FINALLY comes to our country. I would not wait at the airport or anything but I can just say that because I'm in the fortunate position to live in a territory which is constantly toured by my favourite bands. Hell, 30 Seconds to Mars will play close to me in 2 weeks and it's sold out. I don't have tickets yet (staying optimistic though) but, REALLY, if i was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 30stm fan and this was the one & only time they were playing here and I couldn't get tickets (the venue in this case is also just 400 vcapacity and it's their ONLY gig here!!!), then... :dunno:. I'm not saying I*d do it, I*m just saying that saying "Oh, I would never ever do anyting like that!" would be an utter lie :dunno:. Disrespectful is something else. Waiting at the airport is NOT disrespectful. Mika chose this job. And waiting there doesn't hurt him, may he be tired or not. Ok, mobbing him like it has happened at other gigs is of course ****ty****ty****ty and NOT NICE AT ALL but if it happens in a NICE way, then it IS ok. Argentinean fans waited for the Kooks at the airport in Buenos Aires a few months ago and it was TOTALLY ok as it seems. They were waiting with guitars and played their songs :lmfao:. Waiting there, saying hi, asking for a signature and maybe waving a Hello-Mika-welcome-sign doesn't hurt :dunno:. Mobbing him, following him to the loo or other things hurt though but I think / hope that people are intelligent enough to know that. "Disrespectful" are many other things which have already been done to Mika (by MFCers).

If you cant get tickets to the actual performance just go to the venue. Either before, or after, or possibly both, you stand a pretty good chance of seeing him. I am quite sure that he would be a lot more amenable to seeing you there. He is always polite, and I am sure that if he did see you at the airport he would be polite......but he might not be best pleased. But I am sure that he is very aware that there are fans in Mexico that are desperate to see him. I am sure he will spare you some time....if he can.....at the venue.:thumb_y ello:

Good luck:wub2:

I have never been fortunate enough to actually TALK to him before or after a gig. :boxed: He has time for the fans but his time is limited and it's not guaranteed that everyone gets their turn :dunno:. That's not meant to encourage people to go to the airport instead; all I'm saying is that, as you also said, meeting him is not guaranteed. Musicians on PR tour usually run on a tight schedule :boxed:

thank you very muchh Kath :D we will do our best without to make him unconfortable :)

is the cranky Mika really bad? xD

Vayan al aeropuerto y afuera del lugar donde va a tocar, en serio, es su oportunidad de verlo y no la pueden dejar pasar! Es probable que vaya a venir despues a dar un concierto en forma (yo por el momento vivo en Cancun) pero esta es la primera vez que viene y aunque no ganen los tickets (que puede ser probable que no los ganen :boxed:) tienen que hacer lo posible por al menos verlo o hacer el intento (sin aturdirlo) pero haganlo, en serio!!

I know people from bands who didn't mind that. I was told it would be a bit weird to see that people know where you are staying (in case of the hotel) or where you will be arriving (airport) but still, none of them really minded it. I was told that they thought this would much rather show how much the people appreciate your work and you being here. Of course I'm just talking about some indie-bands and not Tokio Hotel or some other currently popular boy band. And I'm also not talking about stalkers who camp ar the airport or in front of the hotel. :dunno: (That would be creepy :blink:.) After all, we are just fans. And we are ****ING EXCITED that Mika FINALLY comes to our country. I would not wait at the airport or anything but I can just say that because I'm in the fortunate position to live in a territory which is constantly toured by my favourite bands. Hell, 30 Seconds to Mars will play close to me in 2 weeks and it's sold out. I don't have tickets yet (staying optimistic though) but, REALLY, if i was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 30stm fan and this was the one & only time they were playing here and I couldn't get tickets (the venue in this case is also just 400 vcapacity and it's their ONLY gig here!!!), then... :dunno:. I'm not saying I*d do it, I*m just saying that saying "Oh, I would never ever do anyting like that!" would be an utter lie :dunno:. Disrespectful is something else. Waiting at the airport is NOT disrespectful. Mika chose this job. And waiting there doesn't hurt him, may he be tired or not. Ok, mobbing him like it has happened at other gigs is of course ****ty****ty****ty and NOT NICE AT ALL but if it happens in a NICE way, then it IS ok. Argentinean fans waited for the Kooks at the airport in Buenos Aires a few months ago and it was TOTALLY ok as it seems. They were waiting with guitars and played their songs :lmfao:. Waiting there, saying hi, asking for a signature and maybe waving a Hello-Mika-welcome-sign doesn't hurt :dunno:. Mobbing him, following him to the loo or other things hurt though but I think / hope that people are intelligent enough to know that. "Disrespectful" are many other things which have already been done to Mika (by MFCers).

Yes, exactly. You can do whatever you want and I'm sure Mika wont feel bothered. It's the first time you'll see him and I don't blame you because I haven't seen him either, yet and I know you wont be all fangirlie on him!!!! you go and try to see him, in case you don't win the tickets, it's your one and only opportunity to see him!

Thank you :pinkbow:

I wouldn't wait at the airport though, I am of the same mind of Sara. I realise that I am coming from the fortunate standpoint of having seen Mika a lot of times.....but waiting to see him at points that he is not 'at work' is just something that I wouldn't do personally. When he is at a gig or in the vacinity of one, that is different.....but not when he is just going about his business.

Yeah, that is why I made the point of saying that I wasn't trying to upset anyone, and that I totally understand how desperate they will be to see him. Yet he said it himself in that interview (for anyone willing to hear and read between the lines) that being welcome at the airport wasn't exactly high in his list of priorities. Which I can understand.

uhh yes, you are right girls, I guess it's not that good our idea, but, if is not in the airport, where we can go an say hello? :(

any recomendations?

I think that what Kath said is the best option. Even if you don't get tickets, which i REALLY REALLY hope you DO, and maybe they can organise something for MFC'ers, go to the venue. He will for sure make time there, and be in a good frame of mind.

I agree with you...you don't want to see the "cranky" mika :wink2:

Exactly :naughty:,

Petra, Ana, your post are too long (and complex, touching on many different issues that would take all day to debate, Petra :naughty:) but just to say that neither of us KNOW what Mika will find intrusive or not, but one thing is clear: he made the comment a couple of months ago in an interview, and from that comment it seemed like he wouldn't enjoy it. So that's my cue.

And of course Mika is always nice and polite to fans, that is not the question. The question is that he's not working when he's at the airport, and unless he tells us "I am on flight XYZ landing at Airport ABC", he is not inviting us to go, and I think that he should be respected. Petra, the fact that he's been disrespected before has no bearing in whether this is a good idea or not.

And what other people or bands think doesn't either. So far, we have more clues about Mika not liking it than we do about him liking it.

Obviously everyone is free to do as they want, and they will. I'm not standing here ordering people what to do. I am just giving my little humble opinion on what I think will be nicer or better perceived by him, that's all.

Mika is in Mexico for only one day.

Go where ever you think you have the best opportunity of seeing him & offering Mika support.

The first time I saw The Beatles in the early sixties was at the airport with thousands of other Beatle Fans.

We loved it!

The Beatles loved it!

Mika will appreciate every Mexican Fan that shows up somewhere today.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I know that you Mexican Fans have felt really left out.

As it is Mika is only there a very short time & there is no tour including Mexico.

I am so happy that Mika is actually stepping foot on Mexican soil.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Edited by Kodes100

estoy tan feliz por ustedes!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!:boing:

i can't believe that maybe it's our time!!!! (Finally Central and South america might get their chance to enjoy him!:mf_lustslow:)....i just hope, with this visit, he gets excited enough to keep visiting countries he's never been before, and we have finally our opportunity, at least, to have a picture with him!!:wub2:....

take a lot of pics, meet him everywhere you can, and DISFRUTEN ESTE MOMENTO TODO LO QUE PUEDAN!!!!!!!!:boing::boing::boing::boing:

Mika is in Mexico for only one day.

Go where ever you think you have the best opportunity of seeing him & offering Mika support.

The first time I saw The Beatles in the early sixties was at the airport with thousands of other Beatle Fans.

We loved it!

The Beatles loved it!

Mika will appreciate every Mexican Fan that shows up somewhere today.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I know that you Mexican Fans have felt really left out.

As it is Mika is only there a very short time & there is no tour including Mexico.

I am so happy that Mika is actually stepping foot on Mexican soil.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

estoy tan feliz por ustedes!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!:boing:

i can't believe that maybe it's our time!!!! (Finally Central and South america might get their chance to enjoy him!:mf_lustslow:)....i just hope, with this visit, he gets excited enough to keep visiting countries he's never been before, and we have finally our opportunity, at least, to have a picture with him!!:wub2:....

take a lot of pics, meet him everywhere you can, and DISFRUTEN ESTE MOMENTO TODO LO QUE PUEDAN!!!!!!!!:boing::boing::boing::boing:

:thumb_yello:

Just don't take his clothes off...:mf_rosetinted:

si lo se pues ya casi me voy por el haha :naughty: no pues tenemos conflictos con los boletos solo dejaran pasar a mayores de 18 lo cual es injusto por que solo me faltan 2 años mas :crybaby:

Q mal Karla!!

q alguien t preste el id

y dile a Mika q use su traje espacial, por aquello de la influenza haha es broma

aww como me gustaria estar en Mx para presenciar su primera visita!

Vivo en Qrto..y si me dijeran en donde va a tocar...y con gusto voy y los acompaño!!! Tengo mucho tiempo esperandolo y mi mama tambien ..(Como todos) pero bueno si alguien me resuelve la duda...pues que mejor.

--------

I Live in Queretaro City (A very near city from mexico city) , and if you can tell me where he´s going to play I will gladly accompany you! ... I have been waiting a long time !! & my mommy too!!.. (As we all) well if someone solves the doubt ... for better.

Omg the first time that Mika is going to Mexico!!

and I am not there!!!

Diviertanse!!!

Va a amar Mexico!:thumb_yello:

Sii!!! tambien eres mexicana?

although i just saw him 2 days ago, I wish I could

see him in Mexico, my country, besides it will be is first time there!!

I can picture his face when he arrives to the airport and steps on mexican

territory :) he should have arrived already, I think, how lovely!!!!

y que VIVA MEXICO !!!!!

Hi guys, I personally am very excited, is the first time he comes and he said on his twitter, so is he, that's great, and I will do the best in take lots of pictures and follow each step of what will to do here in Mexico, and also the reports of the fan club here in Mexico, and because the idea of going to the airport still remains, but nothing confirmed yet, besides the tickets delivered until tomorrow, which is worth only for he:wub2: :wub2:

:boing: :boing: :boing: :boing:

untitled10.jpg

Hola quisiera saber a que hora se va a presentar mika en los 40 principales??? i want to know what time will going present in the 40 Principales??

Vivo en Qrto..y si me dijeran en donde va a tocar...y con gusto voy y los acompaño!!! Tengo mucho tiempo esperandolo y mi mama tambien ..(Como todos) pero bueno si alguien me resuelve la duda...pues que mejor.

--------

I Live in Queretaro City (A very near city from mexico city) , and if you can tell me where he´s going to play I will gladly accompany you! ... I have been waiting a long time !! & my mommy too!!.. (As we all) well if someone solves the doubt ... for better.

hola! yo tambn vivo en queretaro y quiero ir a verlo a los 40 principales pero no tengo idea de a que hora se va a presentar, tu sabes algo??? por fas si sabes dime o si vas a ir

hola! yo tambn vivo en queretaro y quiero ir a verlo a los 40 principales pero no tengo idea de a que hora se va a presentar, tu sabes algo??? por fas si sabes dime o si vas a ir

No sé nada...se donde es...pero ni la hora tengo...

Creo que es en el cabaret amapola...esta en insurgentes pero quien sabe si sigan dando boletos...y la hora la desconosco ojala alguien nos aclare nuestras dudas :thumb_yello: