Never mind the buzzcocks: Mika, Ozzy and pigs...

Niki27

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like a quiz show about music really. Isn't the Buzzcocks a band or something? I can't remember.

But it is seriously so funny :naughty: I almost die laughing whenever I watch it :naughty: You should check out some more clips on youtube...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I only thought what calvin harris said about the 4/four thing was hilarious, :lmfao:

Yeah! And he stuck up a little for M :naughty:

When Patrick Wolf was on there before he said something mean about Mika :sneaky2:

Yeah but he took waaay too long to answer for my liking, :naughty: in a heartbeat I'd be like HE'S THE NICEST PERSON EVAH.

I remember that :sneaky2:

didn't he call him a w*nker or something of the sorts?

What's it about!? WHATS A BUZZCOCK?

Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a comedy pop quiz and it takes its title from the Sex Pistols album Never Mind the Bollocks and the punk band The Buzzcocks.

I would love to see Mika on "Never Mind The Buzzcocks". I think it would be hilarious:naughty:

I think it'd be great, but Phil Jupitus has made it quite clear on a number of occasions that he detests Mika.

Tbh, Phil Jupitus rarely gets a laugh out of me - Bill, Noel and Simon were always vastly more amusing.

If Phil left then I reckon Mika would be great on it, but if Phil's still there he'd just abuse him.

I usually have a pretty good sense of humour when it comes to Mika jokes, like Noel's Mr Kipling comment was funny, but the things Phil was coming out with weren't, they were just abusive. There's a difference between taking the mickey and being abusive. I think he got Mika confused with Dale Winton too. PFFT.

Yeah but he took waaay too long to answer for my liking, :naughty: in a heartbeat I'd be like HE'S THE NICEST PERSON EVAH.

I remember that :sneaky2:

didn't he call him a w*nker or something of the sorts?

Yeah that's true.

And I think he said Mika was a W*nker on a blog :dunno: I'll try and find the clip of PW on there

I love that show, and thought what they said was funny. :biggrin2:

If comedians and or nobodies couldn't mock people who are more famous than them anymore, I think we would have a HUGE problem. :wink2:

And you just gotta love Noel :wub2:

I love that show, and thought what they said was funny. :biggrin2:

If comedians and or nobodies couldn't mock people who are more famous than them anymore, I think we would have a HUGE problem. :wink2:

And you just gotta love Noel :wub2:

Tbh, I love that show so much (though have never been a fan of Phil, he just seems constantly bitter and it's gettig tiresome) and it wasn't WHAT he said, but it was the offensive outdated 1970s homophobic voice that he put on.

That was more of the issue for me, rather than what was said.

I can always measure if I'm having a fan girl fit or not by thinking 'would I laugh if it was about Patrick Wolf?' and the answer is no, I would not. So if I'm not laughing at him abusing someone I dislike, then it's not funny IMO.

But whatever, Phil's career has been over for a while now, he can go back to doing voiceovers on Dave.

Tbh, I love that show so much (though have never been a fan of Phil, he just seems constantly bitter and it's gettig tiresome) and it wasn't WHAT he said, but it was the offensive outdated 1970s homophobic voice that he put on.

That was more of the issue for me, rather than what was said.

I can always measure if I'm having a fan girl fit or not by thinking 'would I laugh if it was about Patrick Wolf?' and the answer is no, I would not. So if I'm not laughing at him abusing someone I dislike, then it's not funny IMO.

But whatever, Phil's career has been over for a while now, he can go back to doing voiceovers on Dave.

Yeah sometimes I question if I am disliking a negative take on Mika because of my Fangurl status,

Then I question if it's just not funny :huh:

In his defence, doesn't he sound like this (i.e. like an arrogant full of himself gay diva) all the time even when not trying to? :naughty:

Yeah sometimes I question if I am disliking a negative take on Mika because of my Fangurl status,

Then I question if it's just not funny :huh:

Well I find that if there's humour in something, and it's not said with malicious intent, then it can be funny. I mean, Frankie Boyle has said some of the cruellest things known to humankind, but he's never actually malicious with it, so it's ALWAYS funny. I felt like this was malicious and he had his own agenda because he doesn't like Mika.

In his defence, doesn't he sound like this (i.e. like an arrogant full of himself gay diva) all the time even when not trying to? :naughty:

He sounds arrogant all the time, but maybe I'm a kid of the modern world, I thought all that kind of bigoted nonsense was left behind a few decades ago. It just irritated me that he thinks that kind of stuff is funny, and he's sitting there on a panel show on the BBC getting paid too much when actually, he's not very good at his job.

Noel's comment about the Mr Kipling thing was ten times funnier than anything Phil said, and it was about 5 words. I think that says something in Noel's favour.

Having ranted a sufficient amount about Phil Jupitus (I find I update my facebook status once a week when Buzzcocks is on to inform my friends how very UNfunny he is) can I just say how much I love Calvin?

I mean really, bread suits. Amazing. :biggrin2:

He sounds arrogant all the time, but maybe I'm a kid of the modern world, I thought all that kind of bigoted nonsense was left behind a few decades ago. It just irritated me that he thinks that kind of stuff is funny, and he's sitting there on a panel show on the BBC getting paid too much when actually, he's not very good at his job.

Noel's comment about the Mr Kipling thing was ten times funnier than anything Phil said, and it was about 5 words. I think that says something in Noel's favour.

I really don't wanna start a debate but I don't get your point. IMO, in a modern world, people should be allowed to mock gayness just like they mock blondness or anything else. As long as people take offence at that sorta jokes against gays or effeminate people, that means they set them apart, and that's much worse than the joke itself. I consider gays are just as normal as blonds, and if I don't take offence when people mock blonds, I don't see why I should take offence when people mock gays.

I really don't wanna start a debate but I don't get your point. IMO, in a modern world, people should be allowed to mock gayness just like they mock blondness or anything else. As long as people take offence at that sorta jokes against gays or effeminate people, that means they set them apart, and that's much worse than the joke itself. I consider gays are just as normal as blonds, and if I don't take offence when people mock blonds, I don't see why I should take offence when people mock gays.

Oh I'm totally with you on that (and I don't particularly want to bring a debate to this thread either so this will probably be the last Phil-bashing post I write on this thread) but I think intention is EVERYTHING. If you say a joke for the sake of comedy because you think of it and it'll get a laugh, then that's fine, you can get away with almost anything, but Phil Jupitus seems to have this particularly poisonous attitude whenever anything regarding Mika is brought up and he turns into a massive dick.

I thought the style of humour was MASSIVELY outdated though, going back to a time when people like Bernard Manning ruled the comedy roost with really *really* racist jokes.

I'm by no means a supporter of political correctness (the whole lot needs to be done away with in my opinion) but the way that Phil looks down on other people and treats them like retards is just frankly, really boring and doesn't make for good comedy. You want good comedy, you look to Noel, you look to Frank, you look to Jon Richardson, all three of them were much funnier than Phil but didn't need to resort to rubbish 'jokes' (and I use the term very loosely as 'joke' implies that laughter follows) to get their laughs.

Maybe I'm just trying to find more reasons to hate Phil Jupitus, but he's been majorly p*ssing me off the last few series. I don't think he's been funny since I was about 7.