Travel(ing) Thread

HollyD

. . . Right now I am in the most *Magical* Place in America. The Nation's Oldest City - St. Augustine with over 500 YEARS of history here. And one of the MOST haunted places in America - no doubt with all the history. This is for everyone who wanted to hear about my trip and see pics. But, this can be MORE then that! This thread can be a place for everyone (anyone) who is going on vacation and wants a place to S H A R E! :biggrin2: So, feel free guys anytime you travel share your news and pics! We love that kind of stuff around here! :teehee:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I do not have the BEST (most interesting pics TODAY) But, tomorrow is another story! We left our house at 6:00 AM this morning - for a l o n g drive!!!! We got here at 3:00 PM. Checked into our hotel - walked a million miles - then got in the hottub cause I could not feel my feet - then went to eat and now I am about to fall over asleep! So here is what I have today -

Alysia - Austin and Taiyla . . . breakfast stop on our way up here -

staugustine001.jpg

staugustine002.jpg

staugustine003.jpg

We took a walk down the cities OLDEST street tonight - it was CREEPY, but So much FUN!!!!

Here is the OLDEST standing house built over 300 years ago . .

staugustine018.jpg

THIS house has a VERY creepy story behind it . . .

staugustine019.jpg

. . . the kids standing in one of the most haunted places with SO many terrifying stories . .

staugustine020.jpg

staugustine021.jpg

Tomorrow we are going to the ORIGINAL Ripley's Beleive it or not - that is housed in the Castle Warden. . . . and we are also going to a wax museum :naughty: I will take some pics of the Castillo De San Marcos . . . it is breath-taking!

Oh cool! I've never heard of St. Augustine before, but it looks really cool. Thanks for sharing! I hope you guys have fun.

THIS house has a VERY creepy story behind it . . .

staugustine019.jpg

. . . the kids standing in one of the most haunted places with SO many terrifying stories . .

Ooh that looks really creepy.

Part of me really wants to hear some of those stories. :naughty:

How neat Holly! That's a great idea to share your holiday with us! Pardon me , but I thought you had one boy and one girl like me, so I'm confused? Have you got two boys and a girl or did your son take a friend along for the holidays?

You all look great anyway! Have a wonderful time!:)

Thanks for sharing, Holly -- neat topic! You know, a woman in my class is originally from St. Augustine... small world! :)

I would post some travelling pic of my own, but I have to be up early for bed!

:naughty: Tis a small world . . a f t e r all :fisch: If I could live ANYWHERE in the world - it would be HERE! It is So amazing! I hope to get some REALLY great pics today!!! I would love to see your piccies! And I can HARDLY wait to see your wedding pics! :wub2:

Ooh, love the thread idea. :wub2:

And HOLLY: YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FAMILY IN THE WORLD! Tell yourself and the kids hi for me :wub2:

Aawww Kira! The boys said HI :das: And I am having a WONDERFUL time!!! A bit exhausted today - but, whatever! :roftl:

Oh cool! I've never heard of St. Augustine before, but it looks really cool. Thanks for sharing! I hope you guys have fun.

Ooh that looks really creepy.

Part of me really wants to hear some of those stories. :naughty:

OMG! There are SO many stories around here. The really COOL thing is there are So many ways to learn all of the history! They have ALL sorts of tours that tell all about the city . . . from Ghost Tours - to horse drawn carriage rides to walking tours with the sherriff. THAT particular house you quoted that you said looked creepy . . . well the story goes . . .

(in a nutshell) in the 1700's there was a teenage boy who lived there with his parents - and he fell madly in love with a teenage slave. He was white and she was black - and that was a FORBIDDEN love affair. Anyways the girl hung herself in the attic. And the boy found here there and hung himself - because he did not want to live without her. It was a really sad - tragic story! Anyways MANY say that house is haunted. You gets LOTS of creepy feelings when walking the streets here at night - like by this one tree - cause many people were hung on that very tree . . . this place is amazing in history! A LOT of it tragic - but, that just goes with the territory!

How neat Holly! That's a great idea to share your holiday with us! Pardon me , but I thought you had one boy and one girl like me, so I'm confused? Have you got two boys and a girl or did your son take a friend along for the holidays?

You all look great anyway! Have a wonderful time!:)

Nope! I do have 2 boys and a girl - all of them chillins are mine! :roftl: Today should be fun . . we are off to Ripley's and Potter's wax museum! WISH they had a wax figure of Rufus! :das:

We just had breakfast - and now it is time to get ready for the day! WOO HOO! I LOVE this hotel - it is like heaven! The breakfast was amazing. They had a waffle iron where you make your own waffle and bagels and coffee and muffins and cereal and . . . all sorts of things.

staugustine027.jpg

And the lobby is just beautiful!

staugustine029.jpg

staugustine030.jpg

Gotta go now . . . :bye:

We just had breakfast - and now it is time to get ready for the day! WOO HOO! I LOVE this hotel - it is like heaven! The breakfast was amazing. They had a waffle iron where you make your own waffle and bagels and coffee and muffins and cereal and . . . all sorts of things.

staugustine027.jpg

And the lobby is just beautiful!

staugustine029.jpg

staugustine030.jpg

Gotta go now . . . :bye:

looks like a comfy house!!!!

I hope someday we will go together

HAVE FUN!!

staugustine036.jpg

Okay . . l e a v i n g . . .

So far so GOOD.

staugustine038.jpg

Austin in front of the city gates ON OUR WAY TO THE CASTILLO to walk around, before we go to the wax museum!

staugustine039.jpg

Alysia with the Castillo behind him . . .

All is still WELL . . .

ANYWAYS!!!!

Here are some pics . . .

staugustine067.jpg

The OLD Drug Store

staugustine070.jpg

Cemetery dating back to the 1500's

staugustine068.jpg

THIS TREE!!!! Awww see it is a Palm Tree GROWING OUT OF an Oak tree . . legend goes if you kiss your true love under this tree - you will stay together forever! A LOT of people actually get married under this tree! :wub2:

staugustine074.jpg

Archived