proper gig vs festival performance

mikatuned

Hello all! )))

I’m very interested to hear your opinion about Mika gig experiences and Mika festival performances you saw. Which do you like better and why? Do his own concerts differ from his festival sets? Where would you recommend to go to somebody quite new to Mika and has very few experience in going to gigs?

I think I should say few words about me too ))) I’m Anastasia and I’m from Russia. I heard of Mika couple of years ago when his song Relax was on the radio stations here… it’s still on my playlist )) but I’ve never tried to learn anything about the singer who sang it … till last July when I tuned in to Radio 1 streaming and it was a Live Lounge with Jo Whiley and Mika as a guest … I loved his new We are Golden song and the interview ))) … since then I went a bit mad )) coz I spend too much time on youtube watching his videos and interviews… and about 2 months ago I found this site via banner on mikasounds.com and joined )))

Well I’ve never been so interested in any other artist like this before … coz generally my need in info about musicians I like was well satisfied with Wikipedia article about them ))) … and Mika case is completely different ))) I’m decided to go and see him live but I’m still undecided where to go and how to do it …

and that’s why I ask you to share your experiences and thought on the subject )))

Thanks )))

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I didn't go to a festival where Mika performs yet but I've been to a showcase and SFS gig and I thought that was awesome! I think Mika is always on his best but his own shows are more personal. But if you want to see Mika live, take every change you get. I thought he was on a festival in Russia this summer, not sure if the european tour goes to Russia..

I've only ever seen him at his gigs (well Little Noise wasn't technically his gig as such but it certainly felt that way!) but I'll be seeing him at Eden (which is festivalish and a V festival later this year. I'm really excited about it.

As has already been said I'd jump at any chance to see him live you get. He always puts on an amazing performane, no matter where or what still of set it is :)

Well I didn't go to a festival where Mika performs yet but I've been to a showcase and SFS gig and I thought that was awesome! I think Mika is always on his best but his own shows are more personal. But if you want to see Mika live, take every change you get. I thought he was on a festival in Russia this summer, not sure if the european tour goes to Russia..

:jawdrop: OMG! which festival??? i couldn't have missed that!!!

*sigh* don't think he'll bring imaginarium tour here either ...

though still hope ... coz the dates for the second half of the year haven't been announced yet

I've only ever seen him at his gigs (well Little Noise wasn't technically his gig as such but it certainly felt that way!) but I'll be seeing him at Eden (which is festivalish and a V festival later this year. I'm really excited about it.

As has already been said I'd jump at any chance to see him live you get. He always puts on an amazing performane, no matter where or what still of set it is :)

oh i've seen little noise session on youtube ... it was amazing!!!

and this chapel seems to be huge! i find it to be a very beautiful venue

is it only used for concerts? or it's an operating (?) church???

oh i've seen little noise session on youtube ... it was amazing!!!

and this chapel seems to be huge! i find it to be a very beautiful venue

is it only used for concerts? or it's an operating (?) church???

It's a stunning venue, I was lucky enough to be on the guest list for Little noise and was sat in the centre of the front pew :wink2:

I think it still operates as a church/chapel on certain days.

It's a stunning venue, I was lucky enough to be on the guest list for Little noise and was sat in the centre of the front pew :wink2:

I think it still operates as a church/chapel on certain days.

wow! lucky you!

and that's really great you'll go to eden !!!!... i heard of the project ... and about the gardens ... i wish i could go there too

this one is my dream festival ... but exit looks more realistic for now

though ...it's gonna be quite an expensive trip for me ...

and i don't know ... maybe i should focus more of going to some imaginarium tour gig...

really want to hear some comparative opinions to get more clear vision ))

wow! lucky you!

and that's really great you'll go to eden !!!!... i heard of the project ... and about the gardens ... i wish i could go there too

this one is my dream festival ... but exit looks more realistic for now

though ...it's gonna be quite an expensive trip for me ...

and i don't know ... maybe i should focus more of going to some imaginarium tour gig...

really want to hear some comparative opinions to get more clear vision ))

I think if I had the option of doing either a gig or a festival I'd go with the gig as you are more likely to get a full set, which isn't always the case at festivals. It depends on the venue of the gigs too, generally I like smaller more intimate gigs rather than a big stadium where you only really see the artist on a screen or as a very small figure on stage.

I think if I had the option of doing either a gig or a festival I'd go with the gig as you are more likely to get a full set, which isn't always the case at festivals. It depends on the venue of the gigs too, generally I like smaller more intimate gigs rather than a big stadium where you only really see the artist on a screen or as a very small figure on stage.

that's what i feel intuitively

i wonder if there's any way to know how long the festivl set will be ?

and i have a feeling that on festival you can hear only hit songs .. that are on TV and radio ... but i'd like to hear other songs from Mika albums too ... coz he's got so mny beautiful songs i really like! ))

Hello all! )))

Hiya :bye:

I'm glad you found us through Mikasounds and decided to stick around. :biggrin2:

I think a lot of people here have never felt this way about a musician before so we know what you mean.

I haven't seen Mika at a festival but I've seen other artists at festivals and there's no doubt that the gigs are better. It's usually a smaller stage at the gig and the artist will always have a longer set at their own headlining show.

But if Exit is the best option for you don't feel regretful. I'm sure you will enjoy it either way, especially if it's the first time you've seen Mika. Also I wouldn't recommend waiting around for later Imaginarium dates. He will be doing festivals throughout the summer and we don't know when he is going to stop touring so there may be only a couple of months or a few weeks left on the tour after the summer. We just don't know where he's going so it's a bit risky to wait until after the summer and miss your chance to go to Exit.

Would you be able to make one of the European gigs that's already scheduled? How long does it take to get a visa to travel to western Europe?

Hiya :bye:

I'm glad you found us through Mikasounds and decided to stick around. :biggrin2:

I think a lot of people here have never felt this way about a musician before so we know what you mean.

I haven't seen Mika at a festival but I've seen other artists at festivals and there's no doubt that the gigs are better. It's usually a smaller stage at the gig and the artist will always have a longer set at their own headlining show.

But if Exit is the best option for you don't feel regretful. I'm sure you will enjoy it either way, especially if it's the first time you've seen Mika. Also I wouldn't recommend waiting around for later Imaginarium dates. He will be doing festivals throughout the summer and we don't know when he is going to stop touring so there may be only a couple of months or a few weeks left on the tour after the summer. We just don't know where he's going so it's a bit risky to wait until after the summer and miss your chance to go to Exit.

Would you be able to make one of the European gigs that's already scheduled? How long does it take to get a visa to travel to western Europe?

right, nobody knows how long mika's gonna be touring

probably he'll be doing america after summer ... but that's not an option for me ... too far and too expensive )

generally it takes about two weeks to get visa

but i'm really afraid of getting a reject

(because of some complications with application and unstable situation at work)

Hello all! )))

I’m very interested to hear your opinion about Mika gig experiences and Mika festival performances you saw. Which do you like better and why? Do his own concerts differ from his festival sets? Where would you recommend to go to somebody quite new to Mika and has very few experience in going to gigs?

I think I should say few words about me too ))) I’m Anastasia and I’m from Russia. I heard of Mika couple of years ago when his song Relax was on the radio stations here… it’s still on my playlist )) but I’ve never tried to learn anything about the singer who sang it … till last July when I tuned in to Radio 1 streaming and it was a Live Lounge with Jo Whiley and Mika as a guest … I loved his new We are Golden song and the interview ))) … since then I went a bit mad )) coz I spend too much time on youtube watching his videos and interviews… and about 2 months ago I found this site via banner on mikasounds.com and joined )))

Well I’ve never been so interested in any other artist like this before … coz generally my need in info about musicians I like was well satisfied with Wikipedia article about them ))) … and Mika case is completely different ))) I’m decided to go and see him live but I’m still undecided where to go and how to do it …

and that’s why I ask you to share your experiences and thought on the subject )))

Thanks )))

Welcome to the MFC. Like you, I have enjoyed other artists, like ABBA Bee Gees and the Beach Boys, but I was never bothered about finding out about the artists themselves, it was mainly just about the music for me. But when I first heard Mika I just HAD TO find out about the man behind the voice, and I've loved him ever since!

Have you heard his amazing new song Kick Ass (We Are Young)? I absolutely love it!

I have seen Mika live, but I don't go to festivals, because I have a disability, so reserved seating in a theatre is the best thing for me.

Welcome to the MFC. Like you, I have enjoyed other artists, like ABBA Bee Gees and the Beach Boys, but I was never bothered about finding out about the artists themselves, it was mainly just about the music for me. But when I first heard Mika I just HAD TO find out about the man behind the voice, and I've loved him ever since!

Have you heard his amazing new song Kick Ass (We Are Young)? I absolutely love it!

I have seen Mika live, but I don't go to festivals, because I have a disability, so reserved seating in a theatre is the best thing for me.

hello )))

thank you!!!

ii think i'm getting more and more convinced that a theatre gig is the best option )))

YES! it's absolutely brilliant song!!! i'm happy to know it's gonna be his new single!!!! i can't get enough of it, it's so catchy!!!

Archived